Cronulla Sharks players accept doping bans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essendon fans must be utensil-a-hoop with this decision, there's a fair chance their players may get offered a similar deal. But this has shown ASADA to be as consistent as our very own MRP, so who knows what is coming.

Will be interesting to see if they now pursue Flanagan and others who implemented the program.

One thing is certain, after all the drama and media coverage, ASADA have made complete fools of themselves and will be seen as a laughing stock around the world.
These penalties will not deter team doping no matter the justification of undue delay's by ASADA.

It really is fingers crossed time for Bomber faithful.

Can't help feeling a bit dirty watching all this unfold.

Imagine it was the Indian cricket team involved and their backdated 'penalty' meant that they'd miss some ODIs against the West Indies but be back to play us in the test series at the end of November. How many Australians would be so accepting of the 'pragmatic' approach the ADAs are taking?

Can't help feeling a bit dirty watching all this unfold.

Imagine it was the Indian cricket team involved and their backdated 'penalty' meant that they'd miss some ODIs against the West Indies but be back to play us in the test series at the end of November. How many Australians would be so accepting of the 'pragmatic' approach the ADAs are taking?

It really is a joke.

Essendon fans must be utensil-a-hoop with this decision, there's a fair chance their players may get offered a similar deal. But this has shown ASADA to be as consistent as our very own MRP, so who knows what is coming.

Will be interesting to see if they now pursue Flanagan and others who implemented the program.

One thing is certain, after all the drama and media coverage, ASADA have made complete fools of themselves and will be seen as a laughing stock around the world.
These penalties will not deter team doping no matter the justification of undue delay's by ASADA.

It really is fingers crossed time for Bomber faithful.
Well if the real target is the likely instigators, Dank, Hird, Robinson etc then it may deter coaches from encouraging substance abuse amongst their players, will the Essendon faithful be willing to sacrifice Hird if it saves the players, I'm not too sure?

Yeah if things go like this with the Essendon situation, well the Dons supporters can breathe a sigh of relief and consider it a win.
Then they can rub everyones faces in it.
I for one, won't be taking the sport very seriously anymore. You either do the anti-doping thing properly, regardless of the result, the damage, or which team is doing it, or you don't do it at all.
Pointless if it's only done half way.

All this rubbish and nonsense to be given a three game suspension - it just doesn't add up!

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned (and my apologies if it has already), but did Cronulla players sign waiver forms for what they were taking?
From what I've seen the investigations against Cronulla didn't involve the NRL - smart move although I don't feel this should hamper the process (as some believe with the AFL/Essendon investigation).

Just curious as these are some of the differences between the two cases (AFL as opposed to NRL)..

Interesting tsuff...and I'm sure all will be revealed soon, particularly once things wrap up against the bombers....

Essendon play/played against the current bottom 6, eight times.

Richmond play/played against the current bottom 6, nine times

Essendon only faced the current top 8 teams, eight times this season.

Richmond face the current top 8 teams, ten times this season.

Both teams have 3 wins against current top 8 teams.

Seems to me Essendon had a pretty easy draw as well.

Oh Essendon's one chance to beat up on GWS resulted in a lucky 15 point win....jeepers.
Stats are slightly misleading given Essendon are currently one of those top 8 teams and can't play themselves and two of Richmond's top 8 matchups came against Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this talk about ASADA going after Dank, what exactly are they going to do with him. The AFL and NRL will probably give him a lifetime ban, so what do you think ASADA can do, they have no power outside a WADA compliant sporting organisation.

I can only see the ACC having any impact on him if there are trafficking charges in the cupboard.

Essendon play/played against the current bottom 6, eight times.

Richmond play/played against the current bottom 6, nine times

Essendon only faced the current top 8 teams, eight times this season.

Richmond face the current top 8 teams, ten times this season.

Both teams have 3 wins against current top 8 teams.

Seems to me Essendon had a pretty easy draw as well.

Oh Essendon's one chance to beat up on GWS resulted in a lucky 15 point win....jeepers.

Love your passion you two, but it's time to shine up the golf clubs, oil in the willow and don the boardshorts.

All this rubbish and nonsense to be given a three game suspension - it just doesn't add up!

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned (and my apologies if it has already), but did Cronulla players sign waiver forms for what they were taking?
From what I've seen the investigations against Cronulla didn't involve the NRL - smart move although I don't feel this should hamper the process (as some believe with the AFL/Essendon investigation).

Just curious as these are some of the differences between the two cases (AFL as opposed to NRL)..

Interesting tsuff...and I'm sure all will be revealed soon, particularly once things wrap up against the bombers....
I think the situation will in time tell what the best approach to take with an ADA is. Attend interviews and answer questions etc or stonewall and get a 3 game ban. At the moment nobody knows and we're just pissing in the wind.

All this talk about ASADA going after Dank, what exactly are they going to do with him. The AFL and NRL will probably give him a lifetime ban, so what do you think ASADA can do, they have no power outside a WADA compliant sporting organisation.

I can only see the ACC having any impact on him if there are trafficking charges in the cupboard.

I'd suggest put him in a back office and play the following ads on repeat: Frank Walker from National Tiles, Wynston with a Y and the Blind Factory.

I think it should after all he was supposed to be banned. and all awards should be stripped.:cool:

cloud-silver-lining-mushroom-iridium-strontium-500x334.jpg

Consider this to be a place holder for a page long meltdown of epic rage

Of what? Maybe just maybe, one defeat of Carlton could be due to Saad. Shirley you are not suggesting we award that game to Carlton?

I was suggesting stripping them of the wooden spoon.....get serious.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back