Cronulla Sharks players accept doping bans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watson won our Best and Fairest in 2009...

Speaking of amazing coincidences, in the year before Richmond favourite son Justin Charles was caught PED cheating, Matthew Richardson kicked 91 goals. Before and since then, he hasn't kicked more than 67 in a season... a difference of 24 goals, in a year where Richmond had a PED abuser in their locker room... amazing.
tainted

lol Watson was elite in 08 :rolleyes:

The guy could not kick and hit a barn door 5 times out of 10. All I am saying, it was amazing that in 2011 his skills, endurance, and his ability to recover from injuries were now elite. Also his pace exploded. Before 2011 he was considered one pace, now the guy was able to bursts from packs in which he never did before...anyway, it will be shown, who is right if he gets a infraction notice :)
So in 2011, before Dank came to the club, he had improved. Solid argument you got going there.

P.S. In your last post it was 2010-11, now its 2011, next post he will be 2012's Woewodin.

I'm not even being serious when I talk about Richo and Charles... I use it to show the ludicrasy of people like you, who think that because Jobe went from a s**t kick to an above average kick 6 years ago, he was somehow on the PEDs before Stephen Dank had even heard of Essendon. Maybe Jobe is a dedicated trainer who knew his career would be over unless he shaped up and got himself physically fit through tireless hard work?

We played finals that year... where'd Richmond finish?

get your hand off it. You have mentioned Charles and Richo in the same breath countless times. I am not denying that Jobe knew his career might be over and worked harder, just the lift in performance ie speed, endurance and the ability to heal from serious injury was hugely increased from 2010-11 period. Now who is not to say that he did not get " training and diet tips" in 2010 from charters ? but you can see just looking at his stats, they explode from 2011 onward..it maybe due to hardwork but also might be due to unforeseen experimental injections...guess we will see, wont we ? :)

Also grats on the 09 finals, wish we could scrape through on 11 wins lol

EDIT also to highlight the improvement, just check out his stats. they explode from 2011-2013 but funny enough start to get to 09 levels this year...wonder why ?

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=693

Last edited:

Not sure if this is addressed, but I would assume that if the players agree to penalties that are backdated, they would have to return all income earned during this period.

If the penalty was to start tomorrow they aren't allowed to derive any income from their sport going forward, so I assume the same principle applies to backdated penalties. Of course this might open the club up to litigation - but that would be a seperate legal proceeding.

isn't that the main game

get your hand off it. You have mentioned Charles and Richo in the same breath countless times. I am not denying that Jobe knew his career might be over and worked harder, just the lift in performance ie speed, endurance and the ability to heal from serious injury was hugely increased from 2010-11 period. Now who is not to say that he did not get " training and diet tips" in 2010 from charters ? but you can see just looking at his stats, they explode from 2011 onward..it maybe due to hardwork but also might be due to unforeseen experimental injections...guess we will see, wont we ? :)
Richo loves an injection.

They are after Dank then Hird I think.

It's interesting to note that the NRL didn't cooperate but upon issue of SC notices they accepted with a minimum of fuss and got a sweetheart deal.

EFC have denied and caused no amount of resistance since the SC notices and I bet the sweetheart deal might not be so sweet.

I'm sure the circumstances of the NRL players recieving drugs due to ignorance is not that much different from what happened at needleland
They have apparently already requested both the NRL and AFL give him a lifetime ban. So, who's next on their list?

These developments certainly will put the fear of God into potential drug cheats.

Honestly, with these clowns trying to enforce doping rules you are pretty much negligent if you aren't juicing.

get your hand off it. You have mentioned Charles and Richo in the same breath countless times.
On Bay 13.

I am not denying that Jobe knew his career might be over and worked harder, just the lift in performance ie speed, endurance and the ability to heal from serious injury was hugely increased from 2010-11 period. Now who is not to say that he did not get " training and diet tips" in 2010 from charters ? but you can see just looking at his stats, they explode from 2011 onward..it maybe due to hardwork but also might be due to unforeseen experimental injections...guess we will see, wont we ? :)
No, we won't, because we are not under investigation for anything pre-late 2011.

Also grats on the 09 finals, wish we could scrape through on 11 wins lol
To be fair, back then, teams weren't handed 2 easy victories against GWS to boost their win table.

Imagine not winning enough games to qualify for finals after getting to beat up on GWS twice in a season... jeepers.

Not sure if this is addressed, but I would assume that if the players agree to penalties that are backdated, they would have to return all income earned during this period.

If the penalty was to start tomorrow they aren't allowed to derive any income from their sport going forward, so I assume the same principle applies to backdated penalties. Of course this might open the club up to litigation - but that would be a seperate legal proceeding.
not in the AFL they wouldn't...

I am a Cronulla supoorter and to be honest this "suspension" is a joke. The players at both Cronulla and Essendon have been put in a horrible situation by their clubs but there still needs to be something more then a token suspension applied

I am a Cronulla supoorter and to be honest this "suspension" is a joke. The players at both Cronulla and Essendon have been put in a horrible situation by their clubs but there still needs to be something more then a token suspension applied

Yeah this. I've followed the Sharkies since the ET days and this suspension looks like it's about keeping us afloat. It's staggeringly light and we've dodged a massive bullet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could be right but there's no doubt you would take this dea if you were in Cronulla's shoes. Though Gallen had some boxing matches planned didn't he? Think he'll miss out on them as well.

You could be right but there's no doubt you would take this dea if you were in Cronulla's shoes. Though Gallen had some boxing matches planned didn't he? Think he'll miss out on them as well.

Absolutely - the club had to accept it and I am glad that the club isnt going to be destroyed by this. In the bigger picture though it is an incredibly weak punishment and if I supported another club I would be filthy

Cool story. I for one don't give a s**t about what's easy for the entire football community to move on. Like these Cronulla players taking token bans to help people move on. Seems stupid to me.

How about Juddy's magic blue powder?

What you mean he trusted an employee who was in a different reporting line to do the right thing? A guy who the AFL themselves employed?

ani_bed_of_lies.gif

His greatest achivement in 2008 was 8th in handballs, to go along with his 5 brownlow votes. How was he elite?

Not trying to pick a knuckle here eiether, just not sure if he was elite back then.

His decision making in contested situations has always been elite. Has amazing vision/handballing.

My mistake it was 2009 he was first won our Crighton. But in 2008, aside from his kicking, he was class and had turned into an athlete.

As most 22-24 year old midfielders do :)

Hang on a minute, just because ASADA recommend this punishment doesn't mean it will happen. Can the ADRVP recommend penalties too? If they can they just might brush aside ASADA's recommendations and ask for a harsher penalty. Then there's the tribunal who have to agree with it. Doesn't the process still have to be followed, regardless of "deals" ?

On Bay 13.

No, we won't, because we are not under investigation for anything pre-late 2011.

To be fair, back then, teams weren't handed 2 easy victories against GWS to boost their win table.

Imagine not winning enough games to qualify for finals after getting to beat up on GWS twice in a season... jeepers.

Essendon play/played against the current bottom 6, eight times.

Richmond play/played against the current bottom 6, nine times

Essendon only faced the current top 8 teams, eight times this season.

Richmond face the current top 8 teams, ten times this season.

Both teams have 3 wins against current top 8 teams.

Seems to me Essendon had a pretty easy draw as well.

Oh Essendon's one chance to beat up on GWS resulted in a lucky 15 point win....jeepers.

Hang on a minute, just because ASADA recommend this punishment doesn't mean it will happen. Can the ADRVP recommend penalties too? If they can they just might brush aside ASADA's recommendations and ask for a harsher penalty. Then there's the tribunal who have to agree with it. Doesn't the process still have to be followed, regardless of "deals" ?
what phase of the acceptance spectrum is this? Still denial?

ADRVP can't and don't recommend penalties. A deal has been done. WADA have approved it. They have contorted their own code to get it done. No over the top. No swooping in. Absolutely no ooga booga

what phase of the acceptance spectrum is this? Still denial?

ADRVP can't and don't recommend penalties. A deal has been done. WADA have approved it. They have contorted their own code to get it done. No over the top. No swooping in. Absolutely no ooga booga
More like shock, because these "penalties" are bullshit.

And don't be so smug, your club isn't going to be shown the same leniency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back