R22: Port v Carlton review

Remove this Banner Ad

PORT ADELAIDE 5.6 9.12 16.15 20.20 (140)
CARLTON 1.2 2.4 3.7 5.7 (37)
GOALS
Port Adelaide:
Gray 4, Neade 3, Westhoff 3, Wingard 3, Schulz 2, Ebert, Boak, White, Monfries, Hartlett
Carlton: Waite, Gibbs, White, Casboult, Yarran
BEST
Port Adelaide:
Gray, Boak, Wingard, Hartlett, Westhoff, Carlile
Carlton: Gibbs, Wood, Rowe, Judd, Carrazzo
INJURIES
Port Adelaide:
Schulz (concussion)
Carlton: Murphy (concussion)

That's what I like to see 10 goal kickers

Aside for the odd poor kick that didnt hit a target under no pressure (think of the high kicks i the f50)i think we played exceptionally well. That being said i doubt Freo will give our players the kind of time and space Carlton gave us tonight. Very workman like performance tonight. Gray the standout performer
Freo will be a far better opponent than Carlton was tonight. But wow: I reckon we gave them something to think about. Next Saturday's blockbuster will be one of the games of the year, and I firmly believe we're in with a huge chance. They have 48 hours less recovery time than we do, plus there's the long trek home from Perth. Get excited Port fans!!!!!

Great team effort tonight , Carsile back to his form , and young Jake terrific again I thought , coulda kicked 5 handed of a couple , and really has a defensive side to his game . G ot to nail the early ones presented to us though !.

PORT ADELAIDE 5.6 9.12 16.15 20.20 (140)
CARLTON 1.2 2.4 3.7 5.7 (37)
GOALS
Port Adelaide:
Gray 4, Neade 3, Westhoff 3, Wingard 3, Schulz 2, Ebert, Boak, White, Monfries, Hartlett
Carlton: Waite, Gibbs, White, Casboult, Yarran
BEST
Port Adelaide:
Gray, Boak, Wingard, Hartlett, Westhoff, Carlile, NEADE, JONAS, HOMBSCH, POLEC, LOBBE, PITTARD, OSHEA, CORNES
Carlton:
Gibbs, Wood, Rowe, Judd, Carrazzo
INJURIES
Port Adelaide:
Schulz (concussion)
Carlton: Murphy (concussion)

That's what I like to see 10 goal kickers
Added a few to the best that they missed

Can't believe that Judd got into their best hardly spotted

We're we that good or were they that bad?
Mostly column A with a little from column B. The Blues certainly weren't playing at the level they were (they were decimated with injuries) against Geelong and Fremantle when they pushed them. That doesn't take anything away from how good Port was.

We aren't yet back to early season form. Still a few times we had no one up forward to kick it to, but if against Sydney and GC we weren't 70% of the way back, then tonight we were 90%. With an 8 day break and Freo missing Fyfe and Barlow we're a good chance to beat them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must've missed it... coz that's the first I've heard of any MRP trouble!
That's good. At the game he gave the player a fair old clout, as long as no head contact all good.

One percenters and team stuff was great tonight. Westhoff smother that resulted in a Meade Goal, Jonas dropping back to help out Carlilise in a one on one Polec Shepard to Book some of the examples of the small team stuff that just makes such a difference to the end result.

Out of all the clubs this is the one that I dream of burying by over 100. Carlton supporters rival Liverpool in the arrogant-entitled-yetwe haven'tdoneshitin30years stakes.

I'm not even going to mention our return to from because it's been covered. All I'll say is look out September!

This is where I tell you all I put $50 on us to win by 100+ @$51...

But I can't because I'm a chicken and didn't go through with it. :oops:

Seriously though, a performance like that was on the cards. We don't need to fear anyone in this competition, and even if we don't make top four, it's only one more game.

Need to clean up those skills though.

Out of all the clubs this is the one that I dream of burying by over 100. Carlton supporters rival Liverpool in the arrogant-entitled-yetwe haven'tdoneshitin30years stakes.

I'm not even going to mention our return to from because it's been covered. All I'll say is look out September!

A Carlton flog near me said the pafc player (who i'm not sure of) should get weeks for the Murphy incident... I laughed in his face reminded him of A Walker in rnd 1 this season, the look on his face said it all.

Last edited:
Wow just wow. That was one of the most dominant performances I have seen in a game of football. It's not too often you can say that a 100 point margin flatters the opposition but this time it did. We were probably 150 points better than Carlton. Mike Tyson used to boast about destroying opponents daring to challenge him with their primitive skills. That's what it was like tonight. It was a rout, a smashing, a brutal skull-****ing. It reminded me of the Port v Eagles sanfl game I saw earlier this year, where Port were so much better than the opposition that it was almost cruel to watch.

I don't know what happened tonight. Carlton might have been undermanned - certainly not decimated as cRowie kept squawking pre-match - but you just don;t see them put to the sword like that. They all but beat Freo away a couple of weeks ago and nearly rolled Geelong last week. It's like our high-energy, high-velocity, physically intense game enervated them and crushed their confidence.

Despite some of the nay-saying, the past couple of weeks have seen a slow climb back to some form and confidence. I said last week if we dominated all the key stats this week like we did against Gold Coast, we would beat Carlton. I just didn't expect it to be this easily. And it didn't require total stats domination because we controlled the ball so much from all areas of the ground. Janus you saw the return of total Port Adelaide football.

It's pointles talking about individual players as they were an awesome cohesive unit that just combined to play Port Adelaide football. If I were to single a few out, they would be Gray, who is simply an alien playing football on Earth; Jonas is a beast; Lobbe is a colossus in ruck; Jake Neade is high voltage rock n roll; and lucky last, I was really pleased to see the eel, Jared Polec add a bit of physicality and venom to his game, more a moray eel than a freshwater variety this week.

The challenge is to keep bringing this sort of football through the rest of the season and keep at it despite the setbacks that will happen against quality sides. Keep the faith and bring the power!

A Carlton near me said the pafc player (who i'm not sure of) should get weeks for the Murphy incident... I laughed in his face reminded him of A Walker in rnd 1 this season, the look on his face said it all.

O'Shea.

Weeks for making a contest? BWAHAHAHA!!!

Actually, come to think of it...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back