Preview Carlton vs Essendon, MCG, Saturday 30/08/2014 @ 1:45 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was way out of his depth. Good to see Gleeson back and TBell. Is Hurley ok? Seemed to twang a hammy late last week.

Don't think it will be easy as the Blues have sort of improved, their list is a farking joke to be honest just like the rest of the club.
Fletch and Carlisle out will hurt, especially with doubts on Hepp, Goddard and Hurley.

Hoping Gleeson gets a full game. Need to see if he's an option for next week.

No injuries or suspensions please.

We will need an impact sub in the finals, Gleeson showing he can impact in 1.5 qtrs of footy this weekend may be his best chance to get a spot in the finals (as a sub). Apart from that Zach Merrett has been far and away our most impact sub and he should really be playing starting 21, not sub.

Sorry, probably not the place but some people have mentioned our final next week being on the sat. Does anybody know if it'll be an arvo or night game? Or is that not set yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with our changes.

Carlton's changes make no sense. Yes let's drop our 3 youngest players, and bring in 3 players who are unlikely to be on the list next year. Makes total sense.

Sorry, probably not the place but some people have mentioned our final next week being on the sat. Does anybody know if it'll be an arvo or night game? Or is that not set yet?

Should be Sunday afternoon.

McLean and Armfield both have big delist potential, might be getting send-off games to be honest

It's just bizarre. You don't give people you're about to delist send off/fairwell games.

My gut instinct says yes. It's ballsy.

Waite and Casboult better not both click...

Think what it means is that this will be like Ryder's rest - I expect - T-Bell to ruck 70% of the game and Ryder to play mainly forward. Hurley on Waite and Hooker on Casboult seems the way.

Hardly. As good as his defending has been his kicking was putrid.

We played a small forward line against Carlton and it worked a treat - Though we will effectively have Ryder/JD and Ambrose forward - Though T-Bell is only in for a week if Carlisle plays next week.

3 promising young footballers out, 3 plodders in.

It's actually on their coat of arms in latin ya know

Johnson is a mini-version of Robinson and without as many tricks, Holman is not up to it yet and Graham needs to improve his decison-making - None have shouted you must pick me !

We played a small forward line against Carlton and it worked a treat - Though we will effectively have Ryder/JD and Ambrose forward - Though T-Bell is only in for a week if Carlisle plays next week.

Add Jobe to the forward line too. I expect him to spend a bit forward especially with the emergence of Heppell in the centre.

Most likely...

Hawks v Cats Fri night MCG
Roos v Bombers Sat arvo MCG
Sydney v Freo Sat night ANZ
Port v Crows Sun Adel Oval

McLean and Armfield both have big delist potential, might be getting send-off games to be honest
Mick is doing the right thing and giving Brock a farewell game. He will be doing a lap of honour in the back of a Visy dump truck 3 hours before the game.

Most likely...

Hawks v Cats Fri night MCG
Roos v Bombers Sat arvo MCG
Sydney v Freo Sat night ANZ
Port v Crows Sun Adel Oval
The only other possibility (which I actually think is most likely), is swapping our game for the Sydney v Freo game to allow Freo to fly back on the Saturday.

It kind of sucks that the AFL can't release the 'likely' set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back