News Hawthorn fan racially abuses Heritier Lumumba (and doesn't get thrown out for it).

Remove this Banner Ad

All australian, 200 game one club player, premiership player, twice featured in the top five of the copeland, his cv is better than many. On recent form plugger is not a very good sportsman ;)
Plugger is currently not a player - Lumumba is still on an AFL list. Plugger was a great player till the moment he retired whereas Lumumba's game falls further away with each passing year. Was a great sportsman, yes. Currently a great sportsman? Debatable.

I am not sure that Brazilians cop much racist flack. It is the sort of place most people would be happy to visit. In any case, he is African rather than Brazilian.

Perhaps I should have said that he is of African heritage which is what I meant. To imply that I was suggesting anything racist is ridiculous. Perhaps you should dismount your pure white steed, put aside your shining white armour and allow yourself a bit of R&R time.

Do you mind me asking what your actual point was with that first post? What does Brazil being a nice place to visit have to do with anything? Certain Pacific Islands and parts of Africa are also very pleasant, so is it ok to tell someone to go back to Tonga or Morocco (for example)? The comment directed at H was xenophobic and not on, end of story

Do you mind me asking what your actual point was with that first post? What does Brazil being a nice place to visit have to do with anything? Certain Pacific Islands and parts of Africa are also very pleasant, so is it ok to tell someone to go back to Tonga or Morocco (for example)? The comment directed at H was xenophobic and not on, end of story
hanson4.jpg

Cos we're struggling to come to terms with our season shutting up shop so early. The appearance of a new thread creates the illusion that there may still be life to be extracted from a motionless corpse.
Diversion. Like it. Some ripping games of footy on now to talk about instead though.

Haha come on there taking the piss. There are a lot more racial problems in the world then some one saying go home! Have a look at Syria

So it’s okay to tell someone who is not from Australia to F**K off back to there own Country?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't think that the comment was all that racist. The fact that the person was allowed to continue watching the game suggests that others thought much the same.
Yep well maybe it was racist, maybe it wasnt but I dont get how theres any question that it was abusive and crossed the line

Yep well maybe it was racist, maybe it wasnt but I dont get how theres any question that it was abusive and crossed the line
Did Heritier actually hear the comment? Amongst a cacophony of sounds spewing from the stands, did Heritier actually hear someone call out, 'Go back to Brazil!'? If he did, was he personally wounded by the remark? In the greater scheme, is it really such a big deal?

Did Heritier actually hear the comment? Amongst a cacophony of sounds spewing from the stands, did Heritier actually hear someone call out, 'Go back to Brazil!'? If he did, was he personally wounded by the remark? In the greater scheme, is it really such a big deal?
Give it a rest.

I don't understand why you can't just admit it was out of order

I can't wait until the world start to realise how much utter nonsense this bullshit is.

I could not give any less of a * when it comes to people throwing around insults. They are the most weightless and unsubstantial words that are thrown around ALL the time and some dim-witted people still haven't evolved to the stage where they can see how worthless and insignificant these remarks really are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back