Andrew Raines and Clinton Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Presty For Prez

Debutant
May 24, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
So the off season has started and there is going to be a thread on every single player available and if we should take them. Sorry to add to this but this question has been eating away at me.

With Macaffer out for the foreseeable future and these 2 taggers available to be taken as delisted free agents, do we pick one up to fill the hole? Andrew Raines has always been a handy player and Clinton Jones was the best tagger in the league in '11 and '12 before Crowley hit his straps?

As always ksardog, impeccable input , you've really added something to the thread there.

They wouldn't be in the team to be getting kicks. God knows Caff couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat

So you ask yourself why recruit two guys who are towards the end of their careers?
Unless you are getting a Judd or an Ablett or maybe a O'keffe, why would you do it?
Would these get a game for us?
Can you see them part of our next premiership?

If the answer to any of the above is 'Yes', then i suggest going out for a walk to get some fresh air.

What I am suggesting is we recruit ONE of the two to step in for Macaffer as a tagger over the next 12 months. Because as of now the closest thing we have to a tagger is Blair and Goldsack who are defensive forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would go after Jones if we were after a tagger, I think he is a solid tagger and better than MaCaffer at it.

The problem is though, he can't kick the bloody thing but I guess that's why he is a tagger.

What I am suggesting is we recruit ONE of the two to step in for Macaffer as a tagger over the next 12 months. Because as of now the closest thing we have to a tagger is Blair and Goldsack who are defensive forwards.

I think it is a great idea to recruit guys from bottom four clubs who struggle to get a game. Surely this is the fast track to ensuring a meteoric rise. We should keep our ear to the ground for any Melbourne discards as well!

If I started this thread, I'd be accused of trawling...lol.....clint jones who is not wanted by probably the worst team in the league....and we should recruit him?lol. I wish I thought of that one. Good work!

I do think we need a replacement tagger. However I would go for Luke Tapscott before those 2 which we could pick up in the Rookie Draft. Big body, sole job is just to stop his opponent would be of more value than those 2 and has youth. A change of scenery could be good for him.

Clinton Jones

goooooooooooooood lord so this is what the mighty collingwood club has come to.

I'm pretty sure it is the OP and not the CFC considering these players.

I do think we need a replacement tagger. However I would go for Luke Tapscott before those 2 which we could pick up in the Rookie Draft. Big body, sole job is just to stop his opponent would be of more value than those 2 and has youth. A change of scenery could be good for him.

He has serious injury issues, would fit in well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back