Everton Fans Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Good get, it allows some of the heat to be taken off Rom, getting some squad cover is good when injuries happen, we need to start winning or we could be off the pace early doors but in saying that we started off with 3 draws last season and still managed to get into the top 4 towards the end of the season, the teams good, we just need to stop leaking easy goals.

Eto'o is such a boss signing for us. He gives us great flexibility and will keep the heap on Rom to perform.

Do you reckon we might see more of Lukaku on the right now?

Capital One Cup 3rd round- Everton v Swansea City (away)

Europa League- We are in pot 3 ahead of the draw tonight, can be viewed on eufa.com from 9pm EST ( 13.00 CET Monaco ) please correct me if I have my times wrong. Nothing in pots one or two worries me so don't care who we draw to be honest.

Draw complete and we have,

Group H: Lille (France ), Wolfsburg ( Germany ) Everton ( England ) Krasnodor (Russia )

Good test, we will have a decent understanding of where we sit

Wasn't he on the outer anyway? Also how was he quality-wise for you guys?

He didn't play much for Everton, but he had a string of 4 league starts in succession once when we were injury hit and he did very well. From following reports on our reserves, most regular watches thought he was better than Mustafi who just won the world cup with Germany and Dier who is a regular at Spurs now. He was massively hyped up on forums before he had his accident in Ireland and is unlucky that central defense is about the only position Everton have consistently had decent depth. He was highly rated at Scampaignerhorpe and Yeovil to a lesser extent when he played there on loan. He's not a play the ball out from the back defender, so I don't think he was ever going to make it under Martinez.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lille away matchday 3 suits me perfectly as I was always intending to be in Paris the following day. Hopefully enough tickets for me to get tickets in the away end

Disgusted, Embarrassed and downright pissed off.

0-2-1 to start the year and we have to deal with Europa?

Ugh....better go to sleep before I send a hitman onto Jags and Distin.

Jags has had a terrible start to the season, Distin not far behind but just nowhere near the level he has been at over the years. Most of the goals occurred with at least one of them caught out of position.

First goal was just training drill stuff & I think Jags too late to recognize he played him onside
Second was just offside, but same thing with Baines a step behind the rest
Third was just unlucky, Hazard did nothing all game but * he moved quick
Fourth was bullshit, Distin just let Matic have space, didn't close him down & nobody run through to help
Fifth was just poor, Ramires ffs
Sixth was Besic trying to be flashy for no reason, stuck somewhere between telling him to keep his chin up or just blasting him

One thing I was happy about was the way we reacted to going 2-0 down from kick off, we came at them & on another day could have just as easily tied or even won it. But that game was not one for the quality of defending from both teams. I'm glad there's now a couple of weeks before the next game to sort ourselves out, some tough games coming up & we still haven't won a game this season

Wouldn't mind seeing Eto'o start and Lukaku off the bench until he is 100%

I'm hoping he isn't on duty with Belgium & he's good to go in 2 weeks. I can't wait to see them play together!

Put this in the transfer thread on GOT, thought i'd chuck it here.

In the past going into deadline day I have really felt deadline day can either make or break our season, look at deadline day last year, we signed Barry, Lukaku and Mcarthy all three players played a massive role in our season last season, that day last season was arguably the defining day of our season.

This window has been a little bit last season we went into the deadline day really needed a central midfielder and a striker, we'd been heavily linked McCarthy and Barry. We also had Fell heavily linked with a move to Manchester so we did have cash to spend. This season we've got a good amount of players in every position, have already spent a lot of cash and have signed a lot of players.

Although there is a "but" in all of that, before that day no body expected Chebe to go or us to sign Lukaku, I know we didn't sign him but we had also agreed to a fee for Fernando, that came from absolutely no where, most of us hadn't even heard of him before that day so the unexpected can happen, just because we haven't been linked at or all or even linked doesn't mean it won't happen.

Realistically I can't see us signing any players who would be in our starting XI,I think it's all going to come down to Martinez and how many players he wants in the squad, if no body leaves then I think most people would agree that we've got a good number of players in every position it really depends whether Bobby thinks the depth players are of a good enough e.g are players like Alcaraz, Hibbert, Duffy, Ossie and McAleny good enough or do we need extra cover in their positions.

I can't see us signing anyone for any substantial fee, if we were to bring in any new faces I would imagine they'd be on loan but that doesn't really matter to me, especially if we can get a future fee agreed, we normally have quite a bit of luck with loans and there's still a lot of talented players available on loan so I would like to see us bring a couple in, always good to bring in new faces.

My dream signing would be Andriy Yarmolenko, I think we really need one more winger but one who will be in our starting eleven, not a depth option. Andriy is an absolute class player, he talked us up the other day as well. Imagine how strong our wings would be with Yarmolenko on one side, Mirallas on the other with Atsu and McGeady rotating with the two, coming off the pine and playing Europa League/Cup games. Pienaar would still play on the wings but he could then be cover for Naisy with Barkley injured. He would cost around 12m which is an absolute bargain but I just don't think we've got that much coin left.

I think there's four positions that we could do with another player in, i think they are:

Centerback: Now I'm not saying this because of our performance on the weekend but with GOK saying Duffy is off i think we can presume he's as good as gone. That leaves us with Jags, Distin, Stones and Alcarez as the only senior CB's in the squad, that's exactly who we had last season and we struggled enough last season with out the Europa League to have two fully fit CB's everyweek so we can't just have four this season. I know we have Galloway and Browning in the ranks but I don't feel either are up to it yet. (I think Browning is close but I'd like to see him go out on loan and get a full season of first team football under his belt and then give him a try next season). Nastasic would be a perfect in, I think he should be available on loan, would be the best CB available on loan. Haven't really been linked with him but as i said would be a perfect signing.

Right Back: Before the pre-season started I was saying the whole time when others were saying Hibbo was past it that I thought he would be a fine cover but after watching him in the pre-season and him seemingly still struggling to stay fit I really think we need a new right back to cover Coleman. Stones, Jags and Browning can and have all played there but they're all questionable when they do play and they're simply not right backs. Micah Richards should be available on loan, he's a really good player but i just don't think his body is reliable enough and we couldn't get him and Nastastic on as they're both from the same club and I'd prefer Nastasic. I really don't know who we should try and get, we need to find someone like Oviedo when we signed him except a right back, someone younger but ready to go and wouldn't cost very much.

CAM: The position I feel we need a new signing for the least out of the four I've mentioned but a lot of people are saying we need to sign a new CAM and with Barkley injured I understand why. Naisy has been playing way to good to be replaced and is showing we've got a quality cover for Ross but I do get if something happens to Naisy we'll just have Ossie although Mirallas, Pienaar and probaly even Eto'o could play there, I think that's more of reason to sign a winger though so we are able to use someone like Mirallas or Pienaar behind the striker. (Both have played good football in that role.)

Winger: So we lost Del from last season but signed Atsu, I haven't seen much of Atsu but it's a pretty like for like in/out so the numbers are the same as they were last season. Mirallas, McGeady and Atsu are fine players and so is Pienaar but I do have some concerns on Pienaar's fitness and body. I'm back and forwards on whether we need another winger or not, I originally wanted Welbeck so we could use him as a back up striker but we can use him on the wing too but with the Eto'o signing I don't think we need Welbeck, I don't want to sign him as a winger. I don't really see the point in signing someone as a fourth of fifth choice winger unless it's a promising youngster who can play with the U/21's and we can call up when we're low on numbers but other than that I think we should sign a quality winger to replace Pienaar and then allow us to use him or Mirallas as cover for the CAM spot or we just leave the wings as they are.

I'm curious to know what will happen with Henen too. It's going to be a really interesting night and I really don't know what to expect!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back