Preview 2nd Elimination Final: North Melbourne vs Essendon, MCG, Saturday 6th of September, 7.15PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just under 7 hours to go.

Win today and I think we've put the mediocre Essendon of the last decade past us. We play our best footy as underdogs with nothing to lose and that will be the case next week should we beat North.

Can we just win?

Here is an omen for us, in round 1 against the roos I backed a horse at moone valley at half time at Etihad called Text n Hurley and it got up, it runs again today in about 20 minutes at moonee valley and starts favorite. Go you good thing.
I'm a ten minute walk from Moonee Valley Racecourse...I'll run down there now and barrack hard for your horse. ;)

Anyone else hopefull that Ryder, Watson, Heppell, Myers, Zaka and Hocking will smash the midfield?

TBell to play mostly deep forward and JD to play as CHF. Chapman and Goddard to kick 6-10 goals between them. Paddy will have spells up forward and create enough havoc that we'll not have to swing Hurls up forward.

I'm hopeful that Essendon has been only playing one quarter for the last 6 weeks because they've been training very solidly. The fact that the first quarter has been rubbish each time indicates they're sluggish. They'll be fresh tonight and smash it.

*I'm not really confident. I'm very worried that their outside speed will catch us out and only having two KPDs, sorry Steiny you're not that big, will allow them to kick long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is an omen for us, in round 1 against the roos I backed a horse at moone valley at half time at Etihad called Text n Hurley and it got up, it runs again today in about 20 minutes at moonee valley and starts favorite. Go you good thing.

Got a bet in that race as well, Reckless Assassin, thought it was sort of appropriate given my mood the last few days;), so the Assassin & Hurls to fill the quinella will do me:)

Will be there with my North supporting mate amongst the 7 other Kangaroo supporters. I hope they go home holding their heads in their hands, cursing Jimmy Hird's name.

WHO ARE WE!!!!????

#standbytextnhurley

Got a bet in that race as well, Reckless Assassin, thought it was sort of appropriate given my mood the last few days;), so the Assassin & Hurls to fill the quinella will do me:)

It ran like utter shit, so therefore ...

Why do I get the feeling this will be the match ups?

Hibberd - Black
Hooker - Drew
Steinberg - Brown

Hurley to play forward.

Grima will be the interesting one. Got injured last week, and has barely played any football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back