Teams Green Bay Packers - The Frozen Tundra

Remove this Banner Ad

Barclay's injury is very bad news for the Pack as he was basically our backup RT, RG and LG now Lane Taylor will be our backup RG and LG and the difference between him and Barclay is quite large, which now forces Sherrod to be our swing tackle but at least he is having a decent camp. I'm worried.

Excited to see who gets the #3 wide receiver behind Nelson and Cobb. Boykin entered training camp as the #3 but my mail is that as preseason develops that Davante Adams could take over.
Doubt it, typically GB doesn't use it's rookie WRs a great deal and prefers to ease them into it.
If he does over Boykin that either means Boykin has been shocking (incredibly unlikely) or Adams has progressed faster than anybody anticipated.

Reports coming out that Colt Lyerla has torn his MCL and PCL and will be out for the year.

Whether he would of made the final roster or not, still very disappointing.

I'd like to see us hold onto him and give him another round of OTA's and camp next year to see what he can bring. Obviously extremely talented, if somewhat troubled, TE.

So-It-Begins.gif

Doubt it, typically GB doesn't use it's rookie WRs a great deal and prefers to ease them into it.
If he does over Boykin that either means Boykin has been shocking (incredibly unlikely) or Adams has progressed faster than anybody anticipated.

The thing is though is that Adams will get the opportunity. Green Bay uses more 3 wide receiver sets than any other team in the NFL. Considering we only have 5 WR on our roster and our 5th WR (Jeff Janis) is a fair way back I think he will get plenty of early looks.

IMO - he is far more talented than Boykin and will be WR3 within 3-4 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This team is cursed

It is going to be an absolute nightmare tomorrow considering we have a rookie starting centre who has never snapped the ball to Aaron Rodgers playing the in the loudest stadium in the NFL against the reigning superbowl champions....

Only good thing is that the defense shouldn't be so bad with the additions of Peppers and Ha Ha Clinton Dix (not to mention a fully healthy Clay Mathews who is apparently training down the house)..... A healthy Cobb should also help.

Anybody have any ideas of who we use at TE?

It is going to be an absolute nightmare tomorrow considering we have a rookie starting centre who has never snapped the ball to Aaron Rodgers playing the in the loudest stadium in the NFL against the reigning superbowl champions....

Only good thing is that the defense shouldn't be so bad with the additions of Peppers and Ha Ha Clinton Dix (not to mention a fully healthy Clay Mathews who is apparently training down the house)..... A healthy Cobb should also help.

Ryan Taylor??

The thing is though is that Adams will get the opportunity. Green Bay uses more 3 wide receiver sets than any other team in the NFL. Considering we only have 5 WR on our roster and our 5th WR (Jeff Janis) is a fair way back I think he will get plenty of early looks.

IMO - he is far more talented than Boykin and will be WR3 within 3-4 weeks.
No chance of Adams beating Boykin this year, he is more talented but he is coming from way too far back to beat out Boykin who has shown he can perform and knows the play book a lot better than Adams. Remember if you run a wrong route Rodgers/Mac will tear a WR to shreds ala Cobb who caught a TD week 1 v the Saints but it was on a wrong route so he was on limited snaps for a couple of weeks.

I don't really fear Seattle, they beat up on the Broncos because Manning has a weak arm and they have no running game, our offence is the complete opposite not to mention Rodgers ability to escape the pocket. The first snap will be the biggest test for Linsley but I don't really think he will be a deer in the headlights, he has one of the best guard combos in the business right next to him.

Our defence in the middle needs to hold up otherwise we are screwed, basically if Guiton can't perform and if B. Jones plays like he did last year against the run we have nothing to replace them with apart from an undersized NT in Boyd and a streaky Lattimore.

Quarless will be the starting TE, Rodgers will see a lot of snaps and so will Taylor. Bostick if he hadn't of gotten injured would've started though.

No chance of Adams beating Boykin this year, he is more talented but he is coming from way too far back to beat out Boykin who has shown he can perform and knows the play book a lot better than Adams. Remember if you run a wrong route Rodgers/Mac will tear a WR to shreds ala Cobb who caught a TD week 1 v the Saints but it was on a wrong route so he was on limited snaps for a couple of weeks.

I don't really fear Seattle, they beat up on the Broncos because Manning has a weak arm and they have no running game, our offence is the complete opposite not to mention Rodgers ability to escape the pocket. The first snap will be the biggest test for Linsley but I don't really think he will be a deer in the headlights, he has one of the best guard combos in the business right next to him.

Our defence in the middle needs to hold up otherwise we are screwed, basically if Guiton can't perform and if B. Jones plays like he did last year against the run we have nothing to replace them with apart from an undersized NT in Boyd and a streaky Lattimore.

Quarless will be the starting TE, Rodgers will see a lot of snaps and so will Taylor. Bostick if he hadn't of gotten injured would've started though.

Fair enough on the Boykin vs Adams. I am just very very high on Adams becoming a very good wide receiver and probably am getting a bit ahead of myself.

To be honest - I am not sure how you can not 'fear' Seattle. 15-1 over the past two years at home, Superbowl Champs, and don't really have a weakness.

I am not saying the can't be beaten, but they are clearly the benchmark. Our defense was not good last year and we really struggle to contain mobile QB's (Kaepernick has made us his bitch). I really worry about Wilson beating us with his legs - not his arm.

To not being concerned about Linsley. You are crazy. It is a massive concern. There is no chemistry between Rogers and Linsley and they have not had 1 down together in a game (including preseason). To start the game in the loudest stadium in America is going to be incredibly tough.

Center is an extremely important position

Am excited to see how Peppers / Mathews work together. Very excited.

Fair enough on the Boykin vs Adams. I am just very very high on Adams becoming a very good wide receiver and probably am getting a bit ahead of myself.
As am I, next season I'm expecting Adams to become our number 3 and that's nothing against Boykin whom I really like it's just Adams has so much more.

To be honest - I am not sure how you can not 'fear' Seattle. 15-1 over the past two years at home, Superbowl Champs, and don't really have a weakness.

I am not saying the can't be beaten, but they are clearly the benchmark. Our defense was not good last year and we really struggle to contain mobile QB's (Kaepernick has made us his bitch). I really worry about Wilson beating us with his legs - not his arm.
They have weaknesses, lost their best pass-rusher and run stopper from last year, their O-line is weak with a rookie RT and their receivers are average.

They are definitely the benchmark, our defence was shocking last year once injuries started piling up and we were having to play DEs as OLB or having injured players on the field who couldn't contain Kap (whom I really don't fear in the slightest). Wilson will make a couple of plays with his legs but I don't think they will be as big as everyone is expecting.

To not being concerned about Linsley. You are crazy. It is a massive concern. There is no chemistry between Rogers and Linsley and they have not had 1 down together in a game (including preseason). To start the game in the loudest stadium in America is going to be incredibly tough.

Center is an extremely important position
Of course I'm worried about it, but he has experience in big crowds granted it's nothing like Seattle but he also has some incredibly experienced players surrounding him.

I'm looking forward to seeing our Psycho package that we displayed in our Superbowl year, I think it's the reason we kept so many linebackers on the team this year.

Well GreyWind - it seems as our discussion over who is the #3 receiver was for nothing. Aaron Rodgers is just happy using Cobb/Nelson and the TE/RB's.
Next week will give a better indication I reckon. Rodgers will feast on the Jets secondary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back