Harvey Gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

If they dont use that as evidence, whoever is representing the clubs appeal is negligent.

There is no such thing as precedence in this system so no point.

I'm no big city lawyer but it's an appeal, not a retrial. So thus North need to make an argument that the law was applied incorrectly. Not that the incident didn't warrant the penalty.

Opposition supporters don't like him (similar to Goodes). No big deal, I doubt he'd care.
I guess. No doubt if Selwood was to join the opposition supporter's club, they'd change their tune

Oh look another Hawthorn supporter dragging Sydney into a thread.

Take off the rose coloured glasses and look at it as a direct comparison of two similar incidents.

I think it's more of an indictment that Hawkins got off for clocking Stratton square in the face with a proper punch, but comparing that to Boomer's case isn't relevant

Compare it to "protected" players like Goodes jumping into Selwood or Franklin nailing the Gold Coast guy after the kick who got off and this is way less than even that.

I'm definitely no Boomer lover ( good player, dishes it out but poor in receiving ), but he is paying the price for the MRP chook lotto.

We all look back on that incident where the chap from Dowerin gave a fully fledged elbow, but their was insufficient force !!!!. Use you elbow = your gone.

We are a cynical bunch, it is feels like an exotic fauna species is now fully protected, but Kangas are definitely not.

79678_765474ac10acf24ebbb192edcb08422c.jpg

Just before Harvey's 'collision'.

Expected him to go under the MRP's bullshit guidelines but it highlights the reform those guidelines desperately need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's more of an indictment that Hawkins got off for clocking Stratton square in the face with a proper punch, but comparing that to Boomer's case isn't relevant

It is in a way because it highlights how laughably inconsistent the MRP's application of impact/force is.

Not a fan of Harvey and don't think he should have got a week but the MRP have clearly manipulated their rating of the incident so Boomer only got the one week. Based solely on the rule book I would have thought he'd get two weeks and due to carryovers and weightings that probably would have become 3.

Take off the rose coloured glasses and look at it as a direct comparison of two similar incidents.
Goodes, starting his jump with his hands up in front of his face, looking where the ball was before it gets slapped away after his jump. How is that similar to Harvey leaving the ground to lay a bump with his back to the ball?

Goodes, starting his jump with his hands up in front of his face, looking where the ball was before it gets slapped away after his jump. How is that similar to Harvey leaving the ground to lay a bump with his back to the ball?

Put simply, Mr Goodes & Mr Franklin, are invisible to the MRP.

Players with the "cloak of invisibilty", may jump off the ground and hit players high + openly use the elbow.

No wonder the footy public are bemused by the MRP findings.

I'm definitely no Boomer lover ( good player, dishes it out but poor in receiving ), but he is paying the price for the MRP chook lotto.

We all look back on that incident where the chap from Dowerin gave a fully fledged elbow, but their was insufficient force !!!!. Use you elbow = your gone.

We are a cynical bunch, it is feels like an exotic fauna species is now fully protected, but Kangas are definitely not.
Exotic fauna species. What a pathetic little grub you are.

79678_765474ac10acf24ebbb192edcb08422c.jpg

Just before Harvey's 'collision'.
Then Firrito should go for putting his forearm on the back of the hawthorn players neck after a mark and putting weight down on it.

In all seriousness this one should be looked at as it was a head clash and it should be seen as off the ball. To be fair the roos were luck that it was not a 50 meter penalty under that rule about blocking players run (which to be fair the only one I have seen paid in recent times was to Deledio).

Put simply, Mr Goodes & Mr Franklin, are invisible to the MRP.

Players with the "cloak of invisibilty", may jump off the ground and hit players high + openly use the elbow.

No wonder the footy public are bemused by the MRP findings.
Yeah, sure. Whatever suits.