Tom Bell v Reece Conca

Bell or Conca

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If Bell learnt to kick it could be different, but Conca for now

Bell's Alright

I love his attack on the ball, But he just doesn't have much redeeming qualities apart from winning the ball, He has a LOT of hard work before he becomes a good midfielder.
He's got quite a few qualities - great power for one. His problem is that he's got massive weaknesses that he needs to improve upon if he's to cement a starting 22 spot. I'm not sure he can but if he does, could be very handy.

I can understand why some people here have put his disposal needs work, but he does go alright when he gets a bit of space. In the Essendon game he slotted two 50 meter goals from either foot, so he can get accurate penetration on the trot. But he does need to phase out those high up and unders when he's working inside a stoppage. Watching him at a stoppage is a treat, just makes me think of that saying about a bull in a china shop.

I'd have Bell, but biased.

If going hard for the ball is now considered thuggery then I fear for the future of the game when people like you support it.
Is this s**t below going for the player with the ball is it? Well I'm eat my hat. Only the middle one is and why would the idiot bump instead of tackle?
trent-cheatin-o_zps17f552f4.gif

74554_40851837bd39e47424de631a452348b6.gif

74541_22762fe28d3b7b70099b058a5e705caa.gif

Is this s**t below going for the player with the ball is it? Well I'm eat my hat. Only the middle one is and why would the idiot bump instead of tackle?
You do know what a shepard is, right? That last one would've been highlighted and applauded in the match review.

"Hey guys, not so rough. Its all fun and games until someone gets hurt"
What was the point in running through him in the bottom one? Henderson had already kicked it, the ball was nearly through the goals. How does doing that make him a good player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was the point in running through him in the bottom one? Henderson had already kicked it, the ball was nearly through the goals. How does doing that make him a good player?
It doesn't necessarily make him a good player but it's excellent team play. That bloke mightn't be so willing to commit to a chase next time if he knows there's a good chance someone will run through him.

Tom Bell is meh at best. Way too many games with no impact.

Conca needs to get into afl shape. If he can do that he's got far more natural talent. Having said that he's already better while being out of shape.

Bell goes hard at the ball - none of those gifs contradict that observation. So you should eat your hat just for being stupid I reckon. As for the gifs, Bell goes hard at everything; hard at the ball, hard the man with the ball, and hard at the man chasing the man with the ball. He just goes hard. And what an admirable quality that is in our game. Anyone who calls him a thug just doesn't understand the game of Aussie Rules.

Bell goes hard at the ball - none of those gifs contradict that observation. So you should eat your hat just for being stupid I reckon. As for the gifs, Bell goes hard at everything; hard at the ball, hard the man with the ball, and hard at the man chasing the man with the ball. He just goes hard. And what an admirable quality that is in our game. Anyone who calls him a thug just doesn't understand the game of Aussie Rules.
I admire players that go hard, but not flooring a bloke without the ball when the ball has already been kicked through the goals.

I admire players that go hard, but not flooring a bloke without the ball when the ball has already been kicked through the goals.

Already through the goals? :confused: Not sure if you're delusional or lying, but I suggest you watch it again.

The game is not played in slow motion at walking speed big fella. Bell had committed to laying that shepard well before Henderson kicked the ball and was charging in full pace. The ball leaves Henderson's boot a fraction of a second, I repeat a fraction of a second before Bell lays the shepard. With the speed at which it all went down, I find your comments nothing more than unrealistic dribble and think it all reflects terribly on your knowledge of the game.

Last edited:
Back