Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goodes 350th this week.

Would have to be the greatest Swan of all time........amazing record.

Better than Skilton???

Great player and well deserved, 350 is a truck load of games! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was the one down on Albert Park lake??

That's the one, centre was always a quagmire, windy as all heck, grandstands used to creak, and there was a bloody press box that hung over the oval..............long sleeve jumper under the short sleeves and screw ins any time of the year.

Think it's a soccer pitch nowadays.

10615361_723183967774638_2112547788138418993_n.jpg

Should I be underwhelmed? New deal, 6 at the 'G and 5 at Docklands. Five seasons! At the start of the year the idea of 8 at the 'G got me excited. This news is like a cold spoon.

Just as underwhelmed as I am Robbo! :thumbsdown:

It was 6 at Etihad this year and 5 at the G.

What's the point!

Just as underwhelmed as I am Robbo! :thumbsdown:

It was 6 at Etihad this year and 5 at the G.

What's the point!
It's politics.

Make it look like you've actually accomplished something when you really haven't

I saw Bobby Skilton play in his only finals game when South Melbourne played St Kilda in 1970. The Swans lost but I swear Bobby's smile could have lit up the place like the light towers.

Skilton was a sensational player. A left footer, his drop kicks were magnificent. What took my eye was his ability to kick to the same standard when he was caught on his right side. Other skills and sharking the ball from hit outs second to none. He had courage in a time when it was really dangerous. I remember a photo of him with two black eyes in the 'Sun' when he won his third Brownlow. It highlighted all the injuries he had suffered over the seasons. Yet he came back for more.

I love Goodes. His ability in the crunch moments is sensational.

Goodes/Skilton, dead heat!

I saw Bobby Skilton play in his only finals game when South Melbourne played St Kilda in 1970. The Swans lost but I swear Bobby's smile could have lit up the place like the light towers.

Skilton was a sensational player. A left footer, his drop kicks were magnificent. What took my eye was his ability to kick to the same standard when he was caught on his right side. Other skills and sharking the ball from hit outs second to none. He had courage in a time when it was really dangerous. I remember a photo of him with two black eyes in the 'Sun' when he won his third Brownlow. It highlighted all the injuries he had suffered over the seasons. Yet he came back for more.

I love Goodes. His ability in the crunch moments is sensational.

Goodes/Skilton, dead heat!
Skilton for mine.

Given we got a big upfront payment in 04 you would hope we would make more at Etihad moving forward.
I think the deal was money if you pick Docklands, no money if you want other options. More games at the 'G would have provided a better deal for supporters. Better deal for supporters equals more money for Carlton. I think this new arrangement is second rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back