Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read he said he won't go. Never mind...

Bomber doesn't seem like the type of person who would say no to a job then take it anyway

But I think the new fixturing system does take into consideration the big rivalries, like Carlton Vs Essendon and the interstate rivalries. There was a massive uproar by the Carlton fans that we wouldn't play Richmond twice this year and that was due to the new fixturing system. Though I have a feeling the AFL might be willing to make a few changes to it to increase crowd numbers next year since this year was pretty average.

If they're desperate, I'm willing to put my hand up to coach the Crows.

I captained my One Day cricket team for a few games and went 1-4 so I do have some experience in leadership roles.

Not even close to being the same thing.

Carlton doesn't deserve anymore than 6 at the G. As someone mentioned, games against the cats and Hawks should be at the G while games against Adelaide etc should be at Etihad. The split is bang on.

Really? Because Geelong have proved otherwise over a wide number of years. Perhaps I should have said if the Cats can play at Kardinia Park - even before the recent upgrades, and quite frankly theres no difference between games played outside of Victoria in front of 15,000 and us potentially playing in front of 20,000 at Princes Park. The stadium economics are still the same, its our stadium, its our money.

In any case, it wasnt a serious suggestion, but the automatic dismissal really riled me a little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? Because Geelong have proved otherwise over a wide number of years. Perhaps I should have said if the Cats can play at Kardinia Park - even before the recent upgrades, and quite frankly theres no difference between games played outside of Victoria in front of 15,000 and us potentially playing in front of 20,000 at Princes Park. The stadium economics are still the same, its our stadium, its our money.

In any case, it wasnt a serious suggestion, but the automatic dismissal really riled me a little.
Geelong is a much better example, that would make more sense.

Playing at Princes Park isn't the same as playing in a state that has no other football.

It is the same as playing at Kardinia Park however.

Anyone seen Port's slogan for this weekend - #YesWeKen

Don't know whether to be amused or annoyed by that, its cringe worthy but hilarious at the same time.

Kudos to Kochie for making a club that was almost on death row 3 years ago, an exciting, fun and marketable club that has captured the imagination of the footy community.

And he doesn't seem arrogant like Jeff Kennett at Hawthorn or conceited like Eddie everywhere.

That's an amazing story that these blokes would tell porkies.

Frank Costa knew he was going and when interviewed would always respond with, "Bomber and I have a hand shake agreement, he is a man of his word, if he has told me he is not going to Essendon* then I believe him."

This is one reason I can't stand Bomber with his fake comedy routines for channel Timmy and the way he portrays himself, all fake. He may be a premiership coach but he is still scum...:straining:.breath 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

That's an amazing story that these blokes would tell porkies.

Frank Costa knew he was going and when interviewed would always respond with, "Bomber and I have a hand shake agreement, he is a man of his word, if he has told me he is not going to Essendon* then I believe him."

This is one reason I can't stand Bomber with his fake comedy routines for channel Timmy and the way he portrays himself, all fake. He may be a premiership coach but he is still scum...:straining:.breath 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Wasn't Bomber a big reason why Gary Ablett left Geelong ? Apparently they didn't speak to each other once for much of Gazza's last year in Geelong.

I think he is a quality coach, but yes, he does have a polarizing personality that can be off putting

Wasn't Bomber a big reason why Gary Ablett left Geelong ? Apparently they didn't speak to each other once for much of Gazza's last year in Geelong.

I think he is a quality coach, but yes, he does have a polarizing personality that can be off putting
When Gary was unsure bomber gave him a hard time about it and made his decision easier.

Hypocritical the way he handled the Essendon scenario.

He has a likeable persona but I don't trust the guy glad he isn't at our club.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl...pson-gary-ablett/story-e6frf9jf-1225968538524

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/a...037501092?nk=f1a3f4a332bb0a1a0f263b6949708edd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back