Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Here I'll name our best lot of players off the top of my head and you'll see we won't trade em.Boak, Gray, Wingard, Wines, Ebert, Lobbe, Trengove, Carlile, Hartlett, Broadbent, Hombsch,Pittard, Polec, White,Westhoff, Schultz, Jonas, Monfries, Impey, O'Shea you wont get as they won't leave.Now if it came down to a 1st rounder and say a Aaron Young or Andrew Moore you may get out of us even though they both are all happy at Port it will end up a case of a deal not getting done.All good asking for players but for 1 they won't leave Port Adelaide and 2 we won't offere them up the answer to the whole trade thing is dead.

If pick 14 and O'Shea is too much for Port...

**** me, how can so called media get it so wrong

"The 26-year-old is considering activating a clause which allows him to break his contract due to health fears from Essendon's 2012 supplements program."

He can't ******* activate a clause. He can ask to go the greviance tribunal which consists of independent arbiters chosen by the AFLPA and ask that it be considered by them, but he can't "activate" s**t

What I don't understand is how an AFL grievance tribunal can authorise the breaking of a legally enforecable contract.
Is it because the contract contains a clause saying that it is subject to AFL rules, and the AFL rules allow for the player to break the contract if he gets the ok from the grievance tribunal?
Would it be challengeable in a court?
If not, we would be in trouble. I can't see the AFLPA appointing anyone to the grievance tribunal who is not sympathetic to a player breaking his contract whenever he feels in the mood.

To anyone who suggests Ryder is not worth a high first pick + a good player, consider how many other ruckmen there are in the game who not only tap the ball regularly to advantage, but also function as an extra midfielder once the ball hits the ground, a pretty damn good user of the ball around the ground via foot, a KPF who regularly burns defenders on the lead & can take contested grabs, as well as someone who has experience as a CHB.

Bugger it, I'll answer it for you -- it's very few

But it doesn't matter because still I don't think he's leaving.

You can add in - someone who can snap a goal from a boundary throw in, over his shoulder after beating his opponent for speed and agility to get the ball in the first place.

With Sydney coming out and tipping there hat in the ring for Paddy, don't discount Tom Mitchell in this saga.

Essendon lose: Paddy Ryder + Pick 66

Essendon gain: Tom Mitchell + pick 37

* no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Sydney coming out and tipping there hat in the ring for Paddy, don't discount Tom Mitchell in this saga.

Essendon lose: Paddy Ryder + Pick 66

Essendon gain: Tom Mitchell + pick 37
No. We get absolutely destroyed in that deal. If he nominates Sydney it turns into a 3 way deal with somebody else.
That would be Sheedy esque i.e If you can't beat them recruit them, ah la Campo and Justin Murphy.
Buddy in red and black... Imagine the frothing at the mouth from Hawthorn supporters.

Would we be happy if Sydney give up their number one pick and Mitchell?

It's tied to Isaac Heeney, so as of the start of trade period it's very likely to be unable to be traded. It's probably also part of the reason Mitchell is being floated, because Heeney is on Mitchell's level, if not higher.

Mitchell, Nankervis and a pick upgrade would be what i'd want

Ryder telling the club that he 'would not' want it short changed is very different to Ryder telling the club it will not be short changed.
It'll be pretty bloody close to

Here I'll name our best lot of players off the top of my head and you'll see we won't trade em.Boak, Gray, Wingard, Wines, Ebert, Lobbe, Trengove, Carlile, Hartlett, Broadbent, Hombsch,Pittard, Polec, White,Westhoff, Schultz, Jonas, Monfries, Impey, O'Shea you wont get as they won't leave.Now if it came down to a 1st rounder and say a Aaron Young or Andrew Moore you may get out of us even though they both are all happy at Port it will end up a case of a deal not getting done.All good asking for players but for 1 they won't leave Port Adelaide and 2 we won't offere them up the answer to the whole trade thing is dead.

So we can count Port out. Moore??

Mitchell, Reid and a good pick.

Not sure about that considering we would have to take on Mitchell and Reid at a cost of $1 mill a year. Reid is on a 5yr contract at 600k per year still with 3 years to run and Mitchell going by reports is on a 400k per year contract which runs until 2016.

Would have been good if Geelong were in the hunt so we could try and grab someone like Stevie Motlop / Allan Christensen plus a draft pick. We desperately need outside run or someone with a good mix of an inside / outside game and I'm not sure Mitchell has that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back