Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand how Sydney would have the cap room to fit him in. I can't see you guys settling for a Mitchell/Reid swap. Mitchell is good but like mentioned before, isn't exactly what you're after and Reid is sub par in my views.

I don't understand how Sydney would have the cap room to fit him in. I can't see you guys settling for a Mitchell/Reid swap. Mitchell is good but like mentioned before, isn't exactly what you're after and Reid is sub par in my views.

As much as I find Sydney morally repugnant and do not consider any of their "achievements" to be valid, Goodes and O'Keefe would comfortably be on Ryder's salary twofold. Let alone considering the players (plural) they'd have to trade to get him.

Assuming Mitchell goes somewhere in return for a draft pick or part of a swap in a Ryder deal, and if Goodes retires, they'll have about a million bucks of freed up space?

Reid is on a monster 6 year deal too isnt he?

Between him, Mitchell, Goodes, Malceski, Okeefe etc they would actually have a tonne of cap space to potentially play with.

Ryder to Sydney seems to make the most sense when you consider all the options. Perhaps GWS if they are prepared to throw a gun kid at us, but nor sure they need to upset the apple cart as they got Mummy last year. Unless a player wants out of course.

With everything that has gone on the past couple of years if you only lost Ryder that wouldn't be a terrible outcome. You could certainly come out winners in this still.

Something like.

Ryder and Pick 19 for Mitchell and Sam Reid.

Mitchell and Pears to Carlton for Pick 6

If you can somehow get your hands on Mitchell to on-forward to the Blues, you can work out a deal to get their Pick 6 which would be huge given the draft picks you've had taken away.

As much as I find Sydney morally repugnant and do not consider any of their "achievements" to be valid, Goodes and O'Keefe would comfortably be on Ryder's salary twofold. Let alone considering the players (plural) they'd have to trade to get him.

Assuming Mitchell goes somewhere in return for a draft pick or part of a swap in a Ryder deal, and if Goodes retires, they'll have about a million bucks of freed up space?

Yep, that makes a lot more sense. Did forget about ROK. Thanks for the clarification :) hope this is nothing more than a rumour though. Would hate to see them poach someone else..

Yep, that makes a lot more sense. Did forget about ROK. Thanks for the clarification :) hope this is nothing more than a rumour though. Would hate to see them poach someone else..

I'd hate to see them not win the wooden spoon tbh. Their very existence at the moment is a blight on the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With everything that has gone on the past couple of years if you only lost Ryder that wouldn't be a terrible outcome. You could certainly come out winners in this still.

Something like.

Ryder and Pick 19 for Mitchell and Sam Reid.

Mitchell and Pears to Carlton for Pick 6

If you can somehow get your hands on Mitchell to on-forward to the Blues, you can work out a deal to get their Pick 6 which would be huge given the draft picks you've had taken away.

Some good lateral thinking there ... but as a Collingwood supporter should share the Essendon mantra ... * CAAAARLTON!!!

In fact as part of the two teams running through the banner on Anzac day should we extend the moment of unity to a sing of a song called * Carlton as one. This is what all diggers died for, except for the Carlton supporting ones and they don't count.

The biggest spineless and gutless campaigner of them all Andy Maher said (on SEN) he has 'good' mail that Ryder will be going to Sydney. He than went on to say that his source is 'usually spot on', but isn't 100% convinced this time but 'will go with it any way'.
And people wonder why I throw radios on concrete driveways

Remove this Banner Ad

Back