Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

because you didn't know earlier in the year I'd guess.

Derrickx is a total spud

Still think Richmond should've kept him. Wasting a 2nd round draft pick on Shaun Hampson, who will play the rest of his career in the VFL is still really baffling to me.

Thanks for posting that info, Punts.

Are they the only rucks that you have on your list? I would have thought that Sydney was pretty happy with Pyke as their number one ruck and would only be chasing another backup?

If Sydney was chasing another player, wouldn't Frawley be a higher priority to them? Grundy gets exposed at times and Richards is towards the end of his career.

I still think that GCS are the dark horses in the Ryder space. They have multiple first rounders, they have a lesser need for those first rounders then Brisbane, and theres every chance a young prospect on there list could be thrown into the trade.
Plus they're in QLD.
And no one gives a sh#t about football over there which will suit Ryders missus.

Sydney also have -

Sam Naismith - 22 year old rookie. Played 1 game
Patrick Mitchell - 25 year old international rookie
Toby Nankervis - 20 year old

Thanks for posting that info, Punts.

Are they the only rucks that you have on your list? I would have thought that Sydney was pretty happy with Pyke as their number one ruck and would only be chasing another backup?

If Sydney was chasing another player, wouldn't Frawley be a higher priority to them? Grundy gets exposed at times and Richards is towards the end of his career.
IF Ryder was to come we would have 6 rucks on our list so that's why im saying its not true.

We need a KD big time , AJ out for 2015 and who knows if he makes it back and Ted 33 is on his last legs.

A couple of kids in the 2s that are far from ready

IF Ryder was to come we would have 6 rucks on our list so that's why im saying its not true.

We need a KD big time , AJ out for 2015 and who knows if he makes it back and Ted 33 is on his last legs.

A couple of kids in the 2s that are far from ready
The only logical explanation is that Sydney want Ryder for their inexperienced and unproven forward line and mentor the likes of Goodes, Tippett and Franklin.

I still think that GCS are the dark horses in the Ryder space. They have multiple first rounders, they have a lesser need for those first rounders then Brisbane, and theres every chance a young prospect on there list could be thrown into the trade.
Plus they're in QLD.
And no one gives a sh#t about football over there which will suit Ryders missus.

Yeah you'd think GCS would be the best fit for all party's, plenty of decent draft picks 7, 15, 25, 43 & in QLD but I did read some where that they are under salary cap pressure and might not be able to offer patty 600-650K.

Sydney also have -

Hey folks the general feeling is our window is opened for another 2-3yrs and a lot of that rests on Pyke going through the season unscathed Derickx is more of a ruck negator who did admirably well rucking solo for 90% of games.

Naismith made his debut against Richmond and was horribly exposed by Maric but it was his first game, Mitchell is a long term project if he ever makes it and Nankervis is just to raw.

So as you can see if Pyke goes down well we are stuffed :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryder to Sydney, back to CHB.

tumblr_m0y2er4VfJ1qztjn5o1_500.png

So Ryder may be heading to the 9.8% better 'health and safety' environment. When does COLA end again? Can't come soon enough for those scum.

Having said that.. in trade terms it would be nice to have 3 suitors for Paddy.. time to get a very good trade.

I do think Reid could be a decent forward if given the chance and could solve some of our problems regarding talls. If Reid plays forward then BOTH Carlisle and Hurley can play in defence.

The Mitchell situation is interesting.. very highly rated and I really like the look of him, but right now he isn't best 22 at the swans.. which should tell you something.

I would probably be happy with:
Ryder + 3rd Round = Mitchell, Reid + 2nd Round

So we get two players - both capable of being best 22 and an upgrade of around 10 places on our second pick.

Both Sydney and Port really need a ruck, so that will help.

So Ryder may be heading to the 9.8% better 'health and safety' environment. When does COLA end again? Can't come soon enough for those scum.

Having said that.. in trade terms it would be nice to have 3 suitors for Paddy.. time to get a very good trade.

I do think Reid could be a decent forward if given the chance and could solve some of our problems regarding talls. If Reid plays forward then BOTH Carlisle and Hurley can play in defence.

The Mitchell situation is interesting.. very highly rated and I really like the look of him, but right now he isn't best 22 at the swans.. which should tell you something.

I would probably be happy with:
Ryder + 3rd Round = Mitchell, Reid + 2nd Round

So we get two players - both capable of being best 22 and an upgrade of around 10 places on our second pick.

Both Sydney and Port really need a ruck, so that will help.

Reid is only good if 3rd tall option, dosent handle the big gorilla. Would still need jd and carslile in the same set up... good fwd line though!
People bag Michell about being one paced and poor disposal.. but he has 2 big weapons, gets his own ball (a lot) and kicks goals.

Agree that Reid would be better elsewhere. Bringing in Mitchell could have us playing Jobe and/or Goddard forward more - of course you'd still want them in the middle predominantly, but if nothing else changes drastically over the preseason to change our forward structure, it'll be handy. And they'll need the chop-out more and more in the next few years.

Don't think we'd get the 2nd rounder with that deal though, rines.

someone correct me if I'm wrong but I recall at the start of the year when the Herald Sun named our players who were on the ASADA list, I don't recall Paddy or Dempsey or even Zaka being on that list.

Barbecue eh? We're really rolling out the big guns. Sausages and bread! Your move Bombers!
Brisbane should have made a play for Mumford last year :)

Ok, time to start a parker wants to go home rumour...
No, you had your chance at the draft. :) Although Parker has added third man up ruck duties to his repertoire this season, so there is a synergy to him appearing in this thread.

Sydney also have -

I've never really analysed Ryder's ruckwork in your games (I just keep my eyes on Heppell :)) but Pyke and these guys wouldn't be like for like with Ryder's role IMO.

Reid and Tippett take a lot of the important secondary ruckwork in our game plan. This would likely be Ryder's role if he came to us. I'd personally prefer to keep the younger Reid, but he might end up on the trade table if we're serious about Ryder.

okay if ryder is gone so be it,if he doesn't want to be at our club at least we know now which gives us the best amount of time to secure the right trade on our terms,unlike the other flogs that have left,Mitchell plus there third rounder would do nicely,Ryder I hope you do now leave selling your Essendon sole to the highest bidder.chances are we would of got nothing for him in two years time.

someone correct me if I'm wrong but I recall at the start of the year when the Herald Sun named our players who were on the ASADA list, I don't recall Paddy or Dempsey or even Zaka being on that list.
that was the "dirty dozen" named in the interim report. Not the recipeint of SCNs.

As an aside, the fact that somehow they went from 12 to 34 should make anyone ask questions about how much of a fishing exercise the SCNs are

okay if ryder is gone so be it,if he doesn't want to be at our club at least we know now which gives us the best amount of time to secure the right trade on our terms,unlike the other flogs that have left,Mitchell plus there third rounder would do nicely,Ryder I hope you do now leave selling your Essendon sole to the highest bidder.chances are we would of got nothing for him in two years time.
While we may've gotten nothing had we waited 2 years, we would've had structurally one of our most important players for seasons 2015/16 and that is not nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back