List of Trade/Free Agency Rumours 2014 (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't say anything about him being delisted though, just that we agreed to trade him. Doesn't mean that he can just sign with whichever club he wants, we have to agree to the offer.
But if Melbourne dosent trade him to where he wants to go he can just walk into the pre season draft. I doubt there would be more than 2-3 clubs interested in him

But if Melbourne dosent trade him to where he wants to go he can just walk into the pre season draft. I doubt there would be more than2-3 clubs interested in him
That's 2-3 more than I would of thought

But if Melbourne dosent trade him to where he wants to go he can just walk into the pre season draft. I doubt there would be more than 2-3 clubs interested in him
Yep exactly. I don't deny that, I'm just saying that he wouldn't be a DFA. He'd be in the hands of the PSD.

That's the funniest trade ive read on here...lol
Don't laugh, if it was us that had O'meara, we would do the swap. Our club would say, wow, a 6ft 6 giant, and an onballer and all they want is one onballer, quick, let's do the deal before they change their minds.

Last edited:
I rate Hunt highly... he was developing nicely into a hard running ball winner in 2012. Obviously injuries got him this year but I'd be interested if the price was right.

If Armitage is traded then someone like Hunt would be very handy. Not replacing like for like, but a mature body in the right age bracket that can help protect some of the developing kids.

If Gwilt gets us band 5 compo (pick 39) would that do it?

You would want Armitage before Hunt every day of the week. Why would StKilda contemplate trading Armitage ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great pace, can break the lines very well. Poor kick, questionable decision making and lack two way running.

I think he's worth a shot though

Great leg speed but other then that he is below average

Maybe in a new environment he may blossom

Give us Garlett and you can take Blease and Tapscott

To put the Kreuzer rumours to bed - mick at the B&F last night said "our recruit of the year next year will be Matty Kreuzer". Not going anywhere.

I'd be interested in Blease, was rated very highly in the draft by WC and has speed which is something we are lacking. We've had a hit and a miss from the Dees over the last couple of years (Bennell (hit) and Morton (miss)), so I'd be prepared to back in our development staff to give Blease a shot if he was interested in moving over to WA and wanted to grab a second chance with both hands.

You would want Armitage before Hunt every day of the week. Why would StKilda contemplate trading Armitage ?

To get another 1st round pick. Whether that's possible alone or needs a pick upgrade thrown in. We've got a heap of developing inside mids that may not cover Armo immediately but are part of the future plan.

Getting more 1st rounders is part of the strategic plan and we don't have top many valuable assets to trade other that Armo, Steven & to a lesser extent Stanley.

Mate think about it.....IF Melbourne dosent trade him to the club that he wants......he will be delisted anyway........SOOOO he can walk to what ever club he wants..as long as they want him I suppose.

You're spot on.

Blease gets traded ....or delisted (then can sign as a DFA)....if he's still unsigned he can enter the drafts (ND/Rookie or PSD).

Just like Mav Weller's journey to StK last year

Did you actually read that article?

"When we met with Sam during his end-of-season exit interview, we both agreed that it hadn’t worked for him at the Melbourne Football Club and that we would try and assist to find him a new club during the trade period," Mahoney said.

Next time read the article champ
This is exactly what we released when Laidler requested a trade last year. Blease will get to a club as a DFA. There will be no trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back