Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.X

Premiership Player
Apr 27, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Whispers floating around that the Blues may be looking to offer Hewett and a pick for a first round selecTimon.

this is a bit of a surprise as Hewett had a good 2023, and has really hit his straps at Carlton.

I don't get why people don't value Hewett. Longmire didn't for whatever reason and it was insane to me as while he rarely makes the highlights reel he always does his job and does it well in a non-flashy fashion.

I wish Hewett was still at the Swans.

Not sure about that. When at the Swans he was always one of our more reliable kicks, especially at goal.
Only averaged 8 kicks a game for the year and when he did couldn’t kick over a jam tin and always looked to handball

Only averaged 8 kicks a game for the year and when he did couldn’t kick over a jam tin and always looked to handball

He isn't a long kick but within 35m he was always accurate. I think I said it a few times when he was at the Swans but 35 metres out right in front of goals I would want Hewett kicking for my life. I would have never picked Buddy or a host of other players as they would likely spray the easy kick. Hewett never did though, he always kicked the ones he should kick.

He isn't a long kick but within 35m he was always accurate. I think I said it a few times when he was at the Swans but 35 metres out right in front of goals I would want Hewett kicking for my life. I would have never picked Buddy or a host of other players as they would likely spray the easy kick. Hewett never did though, he always kicked the ones he should kick.
Either way he isn’t remotely close to a first round value

I don't think anyone would say he was, but I would happily pay a late second rounder for him.
Original post had it with him as a steak knives and a pick for a first rounder when the reality is he doesn’t add much value

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back