Traded Taylor Adams [traded to Sydney for pick #33]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but I think you moved him out of the midfield to nurse him to those games. Swans wanna plonk him in the middle. If they do it wont last long. His body will not be up to it I think
No. We brought in Mitchell because he offered more of what we needed in clearing the ball to JDG, Daicos etc.

He played 23 games in 2023 and 18 games in 2022. Not sure his body is all that bad. Sure he has had some hamstring issues, but the guy is the ultimate professional in terms of preparation. No reason he can’t play another 3 years.
He and Mitchell rotated from centre to HF, I think they both benefited.

We managed to get one of them through to the GF. It was good list management and it worked out.

I would love to preserve that set up for 2 more years if we can.

More likely McRae slots in and one of TM and TA moves on/retires, or both.

Yeah but I think you moved him out of the midfield to nurse him to those games. Swans wanna plonk him in the middle. If they do it wont last long. His body will not be up to it I think
I agree to an extent. He did a groin during our QF with geelong in 2022 and we got Titch partly in because of this. We stuck him forward in 2023 and he played the forward roll very well while covering some minutes in the mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a fair deal hes a 30yo slow plodder mid.

not sure what pies fans expected.
Yeh I think it's fair enough. Good luck to Adams he's given everything to the club z can't begrudge him.

Fact is he is 30 years old , has a history of injuries and is prone to terrible clangers. Sure he will win the hard ball no worries but I'd be shocked if Sydney get more than a year of good footy out of him, the sort of player the end will come fast .

Bit disappointed by the trade but thats the nature of trade week. Maybe we got out of some of Grundys contract but it would probably be reported if thats the case.

I read somewhere that a player can't be paid by three seperate clubs so you'd assume Collingwood are no longer on the hook for Grundy's contract, which makes the Adams deal seem better than it is for you guys.

I read somewhere that a player can't be paid by three seperate clubs so you'd assume Collingwood are no longer on the hook for Grundy's contract, which makes the Adams deal seem better than it is for you guys.
Nope. Pies still paying it.

It's a win for every party

Adams gets to play midfield where he belongs, in a finals side that can win a flag while he's there. He also gets a three-year deal rather than waiting to see what happens after next year.

Sydney get their ready-made midfielder to compliment their very young midfield.

Collingwood offload a bulky salary for a midfielder that had been pinned at half-forward, and get to use the available space on a genuine forward who will cost less per season.

Collingwood are 💯 on the hook for Grundy contract.
Already confirmed by Graham Wright.

Pies got a bit stitched up here, but wish Tay the best.

Swans are doing unbelievably this trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back