Play Nice Hypothetical Pick 1 Trade Poll: Pick 1 for Picks 2 & 15 --- Pick 1 & F1 (WCE) for Picks 2 & 3 --- Something else?

What sort of trade do you think would be fair and/or likely when involving Pick 1 in 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course, I will remind you all to review the rules of the trade board, in particular:
  • No trolling – in addition to the obvious, we have a ban on troll nicknames such as Norf, West Coke, etc similar to the main board, because this type of language is inflammatory and creates more issues than it solves. Keep it civilised or take it elsewhere, such as the Bay or your club board, or whoever will have you really
  • Don't be a pest – this includes derailing the thread with off-topic stuff, or trying to starve it of oxygen through proof by assertion/argument ad nauseam, aka filibustering
  • Personal attacks – should go without saying but stick to the point, no name calling, no insinuations about someone's intelligence, abilities or other attributes

Don't worry brother. Reid is going to hit new heights in 2036. The multiball rule of 2029 and super goal change of 2035 in the AFL really brings the best out of him.
Yeah but those newer 2036 changes - playing the game on five different venues at once and crowd voted rule changes every 15 minutes - might confuse him a bit.

The big question will be whether North bid on Walter at pick 2 or 3. The intel suggests they may not even see him as the standout number two in this draft.

Reid seems to be the absolute consensus as the standout player of the draft with Walter behind somewhat.

Then the next 6-8.

It’s no wonder West Coast demanded both 2 and 3 for pick 1. North need to pick up the safest bets of the players remaining.

McKercher and Duursma are those players but I’d still prefer Reid.

Curtin isn’t dropping, he’s going to be picked up at a more realistic point in the draft for a key position back man.

Unless North or West Coast jump the gun.

Big test for North tonight. Hopefully they trust the process and let Will and Brady do their stuff. Any meddling from the coach on picking one of his favourites would be pretty obvious and go against any initiative the list management and recruiting team have been employed for.

Reid and Curtin would be a great haul for West Coast. If they have an opportunity now just do it, 12 months is a long time in footy.
I think it depends on future free agents.
If it helps get Tim English and/ or Sam Taylor for free that is great. Otherwise, taking Reid, Curtin could be less than what they get if they traded pick 1.
If north would accept 1,2024r1 for 2,3,15,17 then what is better?
Reid/ Curtin or 2,3,15,17.
I think eagles could turn 3 into 6,11.
So 2,6,11,15 17 looks better to me.
If they get Curtin with pick 6, it is 2,11,15,17 compared to Harley Reid.
I think eagles probably are better off trading pick 1.

Most people going with the trade of

GWS pick 7, 16 and F1st for Eagles F1st + F3rd + 23

With 7 and 16 for 23 Eagles getting pick 5 when it comes to points so basically its Pick 5 + 1fst for Eagles F1st and F3rd . GWS banking on a bottom 3 finish for us and top 4 finish for them

Big risk but the draft this year is just terrible after the top 10 so can see why they just want out of it

With 7 and 16 for 23 Eagles getting pick 5 when it comes to points so basically its Pick 5 + 1fst for Eagles F1st and F3rd . GWS banking on a bottom 3 finish for us and top 4 finish for them

Big risk but the draft this year is just terrible after the top 10 so can see why they just want out of it
that seems like a silly move for GWS.

That's essentially GWS Pick 7, F1 for Eagles F1. Plus a downgrade of 16 for 23 for GWS. Plus waiting a year. If I'm GWS I'm giving Pick 7 to WCE for F1, 23. Even then it's not a great deal for GWS. The cost of waiting a year is substantial.

Most people on the Eagles board?

that seems like a silly move for GWS.

That's essentially GWS Pick 7, F1 for Eagles F1. Plus a downgrade of 16 for 23 for GWS. Plus waiting a year. If I'm GWS I'm giving Pick 7 to WCE for F1, 23. Even then it's not a great deal for GWS. The cost of waiting a year is substantial.
Talk is GWS are also in such move just moving salary cap from one year to the next. Its very tight up there and this move is part of the move to keep them under the cap by lowering cap spending for incoming draftees. They would save 200 odd k also in such a move

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminds me of last year when Gibney was going to be better than Sheezel.

Ginbey thrown in the middle in supposedly the worst side in history (that still finished higher than the roos) with a support cast of Gaff and Tim Kelly (and Shuey/Sheed when not injured).

Sheezel HBF.

Time will tell who ends up being the best

It's a little from column A, a little from column B.

West Coast underperformed in each of 2019, 2020 and 2021, blowing a top 2, top 4 and top 8 chance in those respective years. We were certainly over the hill and would have been a mid-table team at best in 2022 and 2023.

But Covid destroyed our early 2022 and injury destroyed both the 2022 and 2023 seasons. On paper, we were not a bottom two team in either of the last two years.

That said, we have no regenerated part of our list and will be a bottom two side on talent in 2024. We'll win more games and be much more competitive but as others have said, noone else is falling off a cliff just yet.
On paper the older players look good but in reality they have lost output and WC went past the critical mass of too many. They are also injury prone which is normal for players past 30. The other playing demographic that gets more injuries than normal is the very young players while developing an AFL body. Put them together and the injury run isn't that surprising, although I think the pressure of too few players probably led to more.

IMO, the only way the injury list is getting down to a very small number will be when the age demographic looks better which is a slow process.

Who is "most people"? Or are you making up rumours again?

Legit here but im pretty sure North fans will boo his every disposal when we play them on the logic that he didnt demand not to be drafted by Eagles and is therefore someone who wronged them

May even get more boos then JHF
You're imagining scenarios to get angry at North fans for. It's really odd behaviour.

Seems a bit odd that north never offered anything close to what Melbourne and hawthorn did?

Do north just rate Reid far lower than WC, hawks and the dees?

I think it’s just circumstance. If they had 2 and 6 they probably would have offered it. But they don’t.

There was no sweet spot for the trade. Hawks and Dees were closer to it but just not quite there all things considered.

I think it’s just circumstance. If they had 2 and 6 they probably would have offered it. But they don’t.

There was no sweet spot for the trade. Hawks and Dees were closer to it but just not quite there all things considered.

They could have easily offered more. Eg like 2, 15 and 16. Would have been rejected but not sure why they didn’t rate Reid that highly.

Seems a bit odd that north never offered anything close to what Melbourne and hawthorn did?

Do north just rate Reid far lower than WC, hawks and the dees?

Considering they have been kissed on the arse by the AFL the least they could have done was share their welfare picks with another team trying to rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back