Traded Brandon Ryan [Traded to Brisbane in Swap of Gunston and picks]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks can't let this guy go. If Mitch Lewis gets injured again Chol will be their main target. Disaster.
LOL. We’re not gonna keep Kosi no matter how hard you try to make us.

Hawks can't let this guy go. If Mitch Lewis gets injured again Chol will be their main target. Disaster.
That dilemma is easily solved, just trade the injury prone Mitch Lewis to us(for a future 2nd rounder), a club with a history of getting injured players right and keep Brandon Ryan a Hawk.

I really like Ryan. Think he's a raw talent but at 26 and if he has 3 years in front of him I wouldn't begrudge him from wanting to move up north on what could potentially be a life changing amount of money.

Looks like he will be let go in a 3 way deal to get Chol and Gunston. Gunston has zero value so it’s basically Ryan for Chol if it happens. That’s mental if it does happen, I’d keep Ryan. Yes Chol had one good season but I think Ryan will be better.

Looks like he will be let go in a 3 way deal to get Chol and Gunston. Gunston has zero value so it’s basically Ryan for Chol if it happens. That’s mental if it does happen, I’d keep Ryan. Yes Chol had one good season but I think Ryan will be better.

Ryan and Chol are the same age.

Ryan ceiling is unknown. Might be a late bloomer. Might not amount to much.

Really happy he found himself a good contract.

Ryan and Chol are the same age.

Ryan ceiling is unknown. Might be a late bloomer. Might not amount to much.

Really happy he found himself a good contract.
Yeah I hope he gets there, watched all his games at Preston this year and chatted with him at a few after match functions, he’s a lovely bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I hope he gets there, watched all his games at Preston this year and chatted with him at a few after match functions, he’s a lovely bloke.

In any case to somehow turn a 2nd round MSD pick into Chol + Gunston and points to match for McCabe and Dear is a no brainer.

Incredible value.

This must be what a PP feels like.

Silly by hawks. Lose two KPFs so they have no support for Lewis and bring in a non competitive 3rd tall type who will now see the 2nd best key defender every week
Hawks just bought in Chol and Gunston and have Ramsden coming through who Ryan would have been competing with in 2024 and beyond.

Chol even being in your best 23 is a disaster.

Easy for you blokes to say as you had a plethora of gun forwards and Rucks that rest fwd in that era. Easy to look average around Lynch, Jack R, Dusty, Nank and Saldo etc.
We don't expect him to be our future but we are in the poos and need something for now to help Lewis. Our cupboard is pretty bare and Chol is a step up from a 3-game mid-season drafty that no AFL club drafted in the previous 7 drafts.

It is a shame to lose Ryan but you can't blame him that if a club offers him a 3 year deal on more money per annum than our 1-year deal he has to take it considering he wasn't even listed 5 months ago.

Last edited:
Silly by hawks. Lose two KPFs so they have no support for Lewis and bring in a non competitive 3rd tall type who will now see the 2nd best key defender every week
We are not stating that Chol and Gunners are the long-term solution, but it is a step up for s**t to not be so s**t. Our goals per inside 50 were second worst in the league.
Did you see the non-support they were to Lewis this season? Kosi showed little up forward bar 1 game. His best game was when he second-rucked against the Pies. After 5 years on our list it was time to look elsewhere, he knew that, and that's why he asked for a trade.

Easy for you blokes to say as you had a plethora of gun forwards and Rucks that rest fwd in that era. Easy to look average around Lynch, Jack R, Dusty, Nank and Saldo etc.
We don't expect him to be our future but we are in the poos and need something for now to help Lewis. Our cupboard is pretty bare and Chol is a step up from a 3-game mid-season drafty that no AFL club drafted in the previous 7 drafts.

It is a shame to lose Ryan but you can't blame him that if a club offers him a 3 year deal on more money per annum than our 1-year deal he has to take it considering he wasn't even listed 5 months ago.
Watching him live vs North in Hobart in round 23, Chol looked average in a forward line of himself, Casboult and Chris Burgess.

I'm shocked that you guys gave up a promising youngster in Ryan and brought in Chol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back