Traded Bigoa Nyuon [Traded to North for Pick #65]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
So the ex Saint Kilda academy product drafted and developed by Richmond looks to be on the move to North.

But how is what is interesting.

He is a UFA as he was delisted previously and rookie listed.

So North can get him for nothing and Richmond get compo. However North dont want to do that as it would dilute the very generous FA compo it got for McKay.

So North need to trade or they could just take hin in the PSD.

Right now they have four 1sts and then pick 83.

A future 4th gets it done?

Last edited by a moderator:
Given it's been a week and he is now only getting his own thread, I'm thinking this gets done for a future 5th round pick. North will say 6th rounder or they rescind the offer, Tigers will be adamant on any metric he is clearly worth a 4th rounder. Sanity will prevail in the end with both side feeling a little miffed.

So the ex Saint Kilda academy product drafted and developed by Richmond looks to be on the move to North.

But how is what is interesting.

He is a UFA as he was delisted previously and rookie listed.

So North can get him for nothing and Richmond get compo. However North dont want to do that as it would dilute the very generous FA compo it got for McKay.

So North need to trade or they could just take hin in the PSD.

Right now they have four 1sts and then pick 83.

A future 4th gets it done?
We actually have 5 firsts, not 4. And we've still got 57 and 65. I assume that Richmond would be fine with one of those.

Tigers would for sure. He is delisting category for us. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to have been allowed to settle much in a position at VFL level and others have gone past him. Hoping he does well if he ends up with North.

We actually have 5 firsts, not 4. And we've still got 57 and 65. I assume that Richmond would be fine with one of those.
We might need those for other deals. Worst case we pick him up in the PSD. He has no worth to Richmond, so they shouldn't be upset if they get nothing for him.

Yep, a goodwill throwaway pick.
He’s a great character, met him a couple of times.
If he can build some more aggression to his game and intent to impact it, he may make it.
Certainly has the physical traits and shown some great athletic ability.

We might need those for other deals. Worst case we pick him up in the PSD. He has no worth to Richmond, so they shouldn't be upset if they get nothing for him.
We aren't using the PSD, but maybe I'm being too generous. 57 with an F4 coming back?
Unless Xavier Clarke is a big fan, I don't see why we are interested anyway. Is he actually worth a list spot?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We aren't using the PSD, but maybe I'm being too generous. 57 with an F4 coming back?
Unless Xavier Clarke is a big fan, I don't see why we are interested anyway. Is he actually worth a list spot?
I don't know if he's worth a list spot, have seen little of him.
But we need key backs, and the cupboard is pretty bare.

He would have to go on the Senior list for North I think. I think he would be better suited to remain on the rookie list next year and cut the losses if he doesn't crack the team.

We'll either give him away for a pick we won't use

What an arbitrary thing this could be.

We trade you a pick that we are not going to use and then you take the pick and don't use it anyway.

what administrative nonsense this game creates sometimes.

Reasonably talented KPD, for VFL. Showed something at AFL level, but not great.

Tigers have too many KPDs, few KPFs. North need KPDs.

Biggie for 65 is a win for both teams I guess. North get someone who can play KPD to something like AFL standard. Tigers get a pick for someone who won't pass Balta, Miller, Young and Gibcus.

Not going to make or break either team. But could end up a serviceable AFL player.

North won't miss this pick, so effectively they get him for what will feel free.

Tigers could have delisted him, so anything we got back was a bonus.

An easy win/win for both.

Hopefully the kid comes good at North, seems very well liked as a clubman.

We might not even use the pick in the draft so maybe we have plans to package it up or do some swaps for late future picks somewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back