Traded Port Adelaide trade their 2024 F1 to Fremantle for Pick 22 and 2024 F2

Remove this Banner Ad

That seems like a terrible deal for Port. That pick is already 23 after the Doedee compo. And there are already 2x end of first round compo picks next year. There's a risk Port end up giving up a pick around 10 for 2 picks that end up late 20s and mid 30s.

Good trade by Freo. But that’s now two years without any real top end talent coming in. They’d want to hope Erasmus and Johnson kick on or that is a big gap in the age profile.

Port would want to hope they don’t drop off too much if at all.

Decent deal for both parties. Port would back themselves to finish 1-6 so pick 13-18 next year which rarely gets you the top top echelon of draft talent anyway. Fremantle would back themselves to at least finish 7-12 so pick 22 and 25-30 next year.

Obviously, the club trading F1 always carries more risk as finishing further down the ladder then anticipated has bigger implications the higher up the draft you go.

Wouldn't mind the blues exploring something similar with their current first.

That seems like a terrible deal for Port. That pick is already 23 after the Doedee compo. And there are already 2x end of first round compo picks next year. There's a risk Port end up giving up a pick around 10 for 2 picks that end up late 20s and mid 30s.
Port likely won't use them - will all be traded for players. If they get them the players they want, doesn't matter where they fall.

Fremantle are buying Logan McDonald end of next season with 3x first round picks in trade.

Speculation, or intel?

From memory, the 'go home factor' was the main reason cited by North supporters as why they didn't draft him.

Sydney are in a good spot and that forward line is his next year, so I'd be very surprised if he'd leave given their ability to retain talent/being in the Premiership window again already.

Also, how would that even work, as you can't trade your pick this year to them for nothing - just because it's an agreement next year to get him?

Really don't understand how this would work at all, tbh?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think the trade gets things done for Port but we basically cant lose on value with how much 2nd round picks get pushed back these days. By draft night, 23 is going to be pick 30, something similar will happen to our future 2nd next year where as the 1st round is slowly becoming a bit more protected

Good trade by Freo. But that’s now two years without any real top end talent coming in. They’d want to hope Erasmus and Johnson kick on or that is a big gap in the age profile.

Port would want to hope they don’t drop off too much if at all.
As opposed to Carlton who haven’t drafted a top 10 pick since Walsh 5 years ago?

Port should have traded for Norths 2024 pock 20in my view. I guess North must have said no.
I means ports 2024r1,r2 for 19,2024pick20 would be a good trade.

As opposed to Carlton who haven’t drafted a top 10 pick since Walsh 5 years ago?

2020 and 2021 may be a long term concern for Carlton. Hence targeting Hollands and Sinn rumoured. An attempt to fill in the age profile otherwise you can become stuck years down the track.

I think it’s a good trade for Freo. I’m not out to get you Ronnie.

Last edited:
2020 and 2021 may be a long term concern for Carlton. Hence targeting Hollands and Sinn rumoured. An attempt to fill in the age profile otherwise you can become stuck years down the track.

I think it’s a good trade for Freo. I’m not out to get you Ronnie.
Since you got Walsh(1) in 2018
We’ve added
2019 Jackson (3) young (7) serong (8)
2021 Amiss (8) Erasmus (10)
I know your not out to get me but I’ve given up media because the s**t they dribble, I don’t want to give up bf freo threads because of your half arsed input

Since you got Walsh(1) in 2018
We’ve added
2019 Jackson (3) young (7) serong (8)
2021 Amiss (8) Erasmus (10)
I know your not out to get me but I’ve given up media because the s**t they dribble, I don’t want to give up bf freo threads because of your half arsed input

I highlighted 2022 and 2023 as a concern. That is two years for Freo with only one pick inside the first two rounds. Henry may help you get back in.

2019 is irrelevant.

There will be a pretty large gap in Freo’s age profile and they will more than likely look to fill it over the next few years. Like the Blues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back