Traded Ivan Soldo [Traded with #50 to Port Adelaide for #41, #49, F2 and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

North should get involved in this deal.
Soldo would be very handy for them & be their number #1 ruck hands down, would North do 18 for pick 29 + Soldo?

If north gave us 18 for soldo, Rawlings should hand in his resignation.
Agree it's overs. But that's the leverage of a contracted player who I think we should keep, you ask for overs and if you get denied you keep the player.
North should get involved in this deal.
Soldo would be very handy for them & be their number #1 ruck hands down, would North do 18 for pick 29 + Soldo?
In that deal just take their F2 instead and keep 29.

A roughly 10 place upgrade from the early 30s to early 20s this year probably isn't worth losing Soldo over.

Offering a future 2nd for Soldo would be a horrendous move by North.

Every chance they finish bottom 2 again in 2024 so it's massive overs for someone who is nothing more than an average footballer.

Richmond should be looking for suitors as someone will pay and I don't think they actually need him. And it may well be North, but it certainly shouldn't be with as good a pick as has been suggested.

Every chance they finish bottom 2 again in 2024 so it's massive overs for someone who is nothing more than an average footballer.

Richmond should be looking for suitors as someone will pay and I don't think they actually need him. And it may well be North, but it certainly shouldn't be with as good a pick as has been suggested.
Future 3rd is more logical. I also think Richmond can still target a guy like Sam Hayes in that move if they get acting quickly

Mate we could finish like thirteenth on the ladder in 2024 and our F2 would still be overs for Ivan Soldo.

It won't be North. It will be Port or Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don't take that deal I'll spew up.

Agreed. Would be a very good deal for Richmond - particularly given the lack of draft picks this year.

Richmond won't be any worse off in 2024 for moving Soldo on this trade period.

You know what I mean....

Took me a minute to understand it, but yes, I do.

Agreed. Would be a very good deal for Richmond - particularly given the lack of draft picks this year.

Richmond won't be any worse off in 2024 for moving Soldo on this trade period.

Took me a minute to understand it, but yes, I do.
41 and a future 2nd is in all likelihood, twice as much as we'd get for him if he left next year as an unrestricted free agent as a 28-year-old.

We are a worse team next season without Soldo on the list, Nankervis is injury prone.
With where we are in our transition, we need decent picks where you think you will get a player in the draft or it doesn't make sense for Richmond.

Cannot for the life of me work out why Port would be interested in Soldo when they have committed to Sweet.

If what Twomey reports they have offered is on the money, they seem to be panicking and have a "must win now" mentality. I can definitely see the need for one, but not both of them.

Soldo and/or Sweet is not going to be the difference between them taking the next step. What's the go here?

Cannot for the life of me work out why Port would be interested in Soldo when they have committed to Sweet.

If what Twomey reports they have offered is on the money, they seem to be panicking and have a "must win now" mentality. I can definitely see the need for one, but not both of them.

Soldo and/or Sweet is not going to be the difference between them taking the next step. What's the go here?

2 off in Lycett and Hayes, 2 on in Sweet and Soldo.

I've said from the start I reckon Soldo gets to Port. It makes sense IMO. Yes it might leave us a little light if Nank goes down, I suspect though with Ryan and maybe get a DFA or a state ruck in as support we will be fine.

Soldo is a better ruckman than what a lot of opposition fans think. He can take a mark (forward and back), kicks pretty well for goal (its fairly mechanical but it works) and his tap work is very good, but he won't be our number 1 whilst Nank is at the club and especially when he's captain.

I suspect the club is seeing if they can make the deal slightly better (and also be enquiring about pick swaps as we don't have a heap of list spots), but if that deal of 41 and a future 2nd (hopefully Freo's but probably more likely Ports) then we would take it. Pick swaps would be a big part of this deal (not necessarily with Port but with other clubs) as if we trade a future pick for Kosi as the Hawks are after, we will end up with picks we don't need in this draft

I don’t see Soldo and Sweet as comparable players. Soldo would be coming to be number 1 ruck, Sweet is moving back to SA to continue his career as a depth journeyman in his home state.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back