Traded Elijah Hollands [Traded to Carlton with #28 & F4 for #26 and F3(Ess)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Good faith deal by GC, just like ours with Dow. Both in best interest of the player.

Hollands never settled at the GC and needed a return home to Vic. He wasn't gonna be much use to GC when not in the right frame of mind. But he is a good chance now for Carlton to be a player of value for very little cost.

Some draft picks work out for a Club, some don't.

Maybe it’s a form of apology for when they refused a very fair offer of 2 decent second rounders for Jack Martin and forced him into the PSD when at the same time they were sending everyone else out for a packet of chips

While Elijah hasn’t shown too much to this point, NO ONE can de-value a player like Craig Cameron.

I would question how is he is still in charge, but the club gave him the green light after last year so they only have themselves to blame.

While Elijah hasn’t shown too much to this point, NO ONE can de-value a player like Craig Cameron.

I would question how is he is still in charge, but the club gave him the green light after last year so they only have themselves to blame.

The Suns hands were tied somewhat for needing points this year (and next) for your talented Academy picks.

Very very cheap.

I have my doubts about Hollands but at that price there can be no complaints.

Suns look to have dealt in good faith. Contracted but not a part of their plans going forward.
That’s one way of putting what the Suns do.
I do think getting Elijah in with his brother will straighten him up between the ears a bit. Needs a big summer in the gym to lose a bit of puppy fat and build a bit of power in his body and it will be interesting to see if that improves how he looks on the field (if he does put the effort in).

That’s one way of putting what the Suns do.
I do think getting Elijah in with his brother will straighten him up between the ears a bit. Needs a big summer in the gym to lose a bit of puppy fat and build a bit of power in his body and it will be interesting to see if that improves how he looks on the field (if he does put the effort in).

They do a lot wrong at this time of year.

And whilst it doesn’t look great I think there’s more to it that we don’t know, so in this instance I’m going with good faith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very very cheap.

I have my doubts about Hollands but at that price there can be no complaints.

Suns look to have dealt in good faith. Contracted but not a part of their plans going forward.
Got him for a bargain.

Wish he was interested in coming to the team he supported growing up as reckon worth taking the risk as could have significant upside.

Got him for a bargain.

Wish he was interested in coming to the team he supported growing up as reckon worth taking the risk as could have significant upside.

A bargain yes if he fulfils his potential. But right now he's 3 years into his career and has been largely underwhelming.

That's not to say he can't turn it around. At 21 he's clearly young enough to work through any issues he had up there and have a really strong career.

Hopefully he does exactly that back in his home state surrounded by friends and family, and of course his brother there alongside him.

Docherty came back to Victoria at a similar age; if Elijah can develop into half the player and person Doc has I'll be rapt.

No huge risk from Carlton's point of view. We've given up * all to bring him into the club.

There is another way to look at it and that’s that Cameron freed up almost $1 million in Space to spend on a very very good player for a position We don’t have plenty of depth in by getting rid of two players well down the list where we do have plenty of depth

Best of luck to EH

There is another way to look at it and that’s that Cameron freed up almost $1 million in Space to spend on a very very good player for a position We don’t have plenty of depth in by getting rid of two players well down the list where we do have plenty of depth

Best of luck to EH

Several media experts here in Melbourne expect Gold Coast to sign Ben King to an extension over Summer, which would be a massive boom to your club and the reasons why you gave Hollands away so cheaply

I'm excited by the potential of Elijah, and even more so at how cheaply we've got him...

You don't have to go far, just look at the first few pages of this thread and see what sort of draft picks other posters were willing to offload to get Elijah :D

They are when they keep letting go top 10 picks under contract for a minor pick upgrade.

Just proves the Suns need no more assistance in draft picks and nga access.
For sure, Suns received way too many concessions as picks (including free pre-selections).

Suns don't have NGA. There is a big difference between NGA and Northern academies.

I'm excited by the potential of Elijah, and even more so at how cheaply we've got him...

You don't have to go far, just look at the first few pages of this thread and see what sort of draft picks other posters were willing to offload to get Elijah :D

My totally unfounded fan (aka nuffie) is that for most of the season, most other clubs were fixated on getting GC's juicy number 4 (now 5) pick, they dropped the ball on chasing Eli Hollands, reckon we were in his ear for months, Nick Austin is no mug, he knew full aware the Suns would probably give away Hollands cheaply to accumulate points for their academy kids and also free up cap space in order to give Ben King an extension (which is seemingly inevitable according to reliable sources)

Having his younger brother at the club helped our case roo no doubt.
It does seem apparent that EH to Carlton was probably a done deal well before the trade period started, I think that is probably why we didn't hear other suitors/clubs throw their hat into the ring to get his services

They are when they keep letting go top 10 picks under contract for a minor pick upgrade.

Just proves the Suns need no more assistance in draft picks and nga access.

Your logic doesn't make sense when you consider that Carlton and St Kilda both traded former top 10 picks in the trade.

Also as I keep saying the Suns have cap issues specifically related to the re-signing of Ben King. Once the King extension is announced (probably around Christmas/New Year's time) this trade will probably make a lot more sense to neutrals.

The controversial Bowes trade/salary cap dump last year was no doubt part of the Suns masterplan to extend Ben King beyond 2024.

Sam Flanders signed up at The Suns for somewhat less than what the likes of Carlton, St Kilda and North (amongst others) were reportedly offered.

Gold Coast have finally gotten their **** sort (off field) and I honestly expect them to push hard for a spot in the 8 next season.

My totally unfounded fan (aka nuffie) is that for most of the season, most other clubs were fixated on getting GC's juicy number 4 (now 5) pick, they dropped the ball on chasing Eli Hollands, reckon we were in his ear for months, Nick Austin is no mug, he knew full aware the Suns would probably give away Hollands cheaply to accumulate points for their academy kids and also free up cap space in order to give Ben King an extension (which is seemingly inevitable according to reliable sources)

Having his younger brother at the club helped our case roo no doubt.
It does seem apparent that EH to Carlton was probably a done deal well before the trade period started, I think that is probably why we didn't hear other suitors/clubs throw their hat into the ring to get his services
Just curious. What is this recent reporting about Elijah's need to be in Melbourne for family reasons? And that Suns did honourable thing to accommodate that. Just BS from journalists (e.g., Ralph on Trading Day)?

I don't think saving 400K has anything to do with re-signing Ben. He is already probably on 750K. More to do with chasing A grader next year hopefully. In total Suns are saving around 1M.

Elijah was disappointing with Suns. I hope he puts it together. He still has great hands in tight but he does seem lost his explosiveness after ACL and I consider him soft to play inside. He has a good kick. Main thing is his attitude, he often did not work hard.

I hope a new environment motivates him and he blossoms. Talent is there.

Just curious. What is this recent reporting about Elijah's need to be in Melbourne for family reasons? And that Suns did honourable thing to accommodate that. Just BS from journalists (e.g., Ralph on Trading Day)?

I don't think saving 400K has anything to do with re-signing Ben. He is already probably on 750K. More to do with chasing A grader next year hopefully. In total Suns are saving around 1M.

Elijah was disappointing with Suns. I hope he puts it together. He still has great hands in tight but he does seem lost his explosiveness after ACL and I consider him soft to play inside. He has a good kick. Main thing is his attitude, he often did not work hard.

I hope a new environment motivates him and he blossoms. Talent is there.

I think the plan for Carlton is to turn him into a Matt Kennedy replacement, an inside mid forward type who can go foward and can kick a goal.

Vossy will keep him honest with issues with his work rate and attitude etc.

Hopefully he has a decent pre season and in the mix to play round 1 next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back