Traded Chris Burgess [Traded with #14 to Adelaide for #23 and #26]

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the first page of this thread a collective bit? Chris Burgess has about as much chance of fetching a pick in the 20's at the trade table as I do.

28 year old who has never looked remotely like a high quality AFL footballer. Will be traded for a future fourth rounder if he finds a home at all.

If punting on goal scorers teaches you anything.... vfl form is to be ignored. They are playing vfl for a reason

Yep. Great VFL player, but missing too many traits to be a regular senior player. Too short for key position, and not fast/agile enough to be 3rd tall. Really is short-term injury cover only.

Rumors are strong that Chris Burgess is shopping himself around for more AFL opportunties

What we saw from Demons last night and surely Burgess is a 100% lock to the Demons, along with Chol as a replacement for the Ben Brown/Brodie Grundy duo who havnt been able to perform this year

What is his worth? With his better VFL form and better contract I think its 20-30 range. Given the Gold Coasts position a F1st rounder from Demons for both Chol/Burgess could be the deal done
Lol, no chance of a 2nd rounder for player who can't make Suns side, which doesn't exactly have the best forward line.

He should look for a new home but it will be for a later pick.

Rumors are strong that Chris Burgess is shopping himself around for more AFL opportunties

What we saw from Demons last night and surely Burgess is a 100% lock to the Demons, along with Chol as a replacement for the Ben Brown/Brodie Grundy duo who havnt been able to perform this year

What is his worth? With his better VFL form and better contract I think its 20-30 range. Given the Gold Coasts position a F1st rounder from Demons for both Chol/Burgess could be the deal done
Why the * would we want him?

Is the first page of this thread a collective bit? Chris Burgess has about as much chance of fetching a pick in the 20's at the trade table as I do.

28 year old who has never looked remotely like a high quality AFL footballer. Will be traded for a future fourth rounder if he finds a home at all.
fully agree it's like how clubs would never trade 2 picks up the order in the draft, burning a 2nd round pick to get a player??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit dramatic. It's 383 points more for academy bids.

And hopefully no bids from the Crows.

Burgess is of no value.

Yeah but you would have got better offers for 14 than that i think its a poor deal.

Yeah but you would have got better offers for 14 than that i think its a poor deal.
Maybe, but the Suns seem keen to get these deals done early.

Probably suited Adelaide and Melbourne to get it done, and the Suns will be looking to build some goodwill this trade period. Fingers crossed it results in a few teams deciding not to bid on Read and Rogers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back