Traded Elijah Hollands [Traded to Carlton with #28 & F4 for #26 and F3(Ess)]

Remove this Banner Ad

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jon Ralph reporting today that GCS are very open to offers on Hollands.

I honestly think there has to be more to the story here. Pick 7 in the 2020 draft, was in the top group of elite prospects, even coming off an injury from memory.

He would be a certainty to get to a Victorian club if that is the agenda.

Id imagine a pick in the early 20s would be about right.

Last edited by a moderator:

More to the story like off field? Haven't heard anything like that. Interesting. Should look elsewhere for a fresh start.

Suns have several gun academy picks in this year's draft and probably need to excise/shed some cap space.

Could be acquired for a bargain imo

Wondering it's list spots they're after more than anything else. I'd love him at Essendon. I'd give up our F1 and plenty of points for a chance at him and their first.

Come home Elijah, You've always wanted to be a Crow

“It was a bit interesting because at the back-end of last year, I was able to get myself into a pretty good spot draft-wise and being an Adelaide supporter, throughout the season I was wanting them to win,” he explained.

“But also with another side of me saying ‘maybe there could be a spot for me come the end of the year’. I did want to see them win a few more games, but it’s a bit of an interesting one.”

Come home Elijah, You've always wanted to be a Crow

“It was a bit interesting because at the back-end of last year, I was able to get myself into a pretty good spot draft-wise and being an Adelaide supporter, throughout the season I was wanting them to win,” he explained.

“But also with another side of me saying ‘maybe there could be a spot for me come the end of the year’. I did want to see them win a few more games, but it’s a bit of an interesting one.”
We'd also be happy for him to come "home" and join his brother who is having an excellent debut season for us.

It's a bit strange that their father played for Richmond but Elijah supported the Crows and Oliver supported Carlton.

We'd also be happy for him to come "home" and join his brother who is having an excellent debut season for us.

It's a bit strange that their father played for Richmond but Elijah supported the Crows and Oliver supported Carlton.
I believe his mother (an Adelaide girl) is a big Crows fan.

An ITK poster on the Eagles board has been saying there may be another player not King who may move and land the Suns a top 10 pick.

Elijah wouldnt land a top 10 pick if traded!? Surely?

Wonder who else? Anderson?

An Out-Of-The-Know poster on our board swears it's Rowell.

Would love at the Lions, would our 2024 1st rounder(likely in the 15-18 range) be over, under or just right to get it done?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Ralph reporting today that GCS are very open to offers on Hollands.

I honestly think there has to be more to the story here. Pick 7 in the 2020 draft, was in the top group of elite prospects, even coming off an injury from memory.

He would be a certainty to get to a Victorian club if that is the agenda.

Id imagine a pick in the early 20s would be about right.

Are you referring to the fact you are surprised he has essentially been put up for trade?

I certainly am. I think he offers plenty.

I imagine Hollands being moved will depend on what happens with Flanders.

Dew was insistent that Hollands can be turned into a wing due to his aerobic capacity, however he just isn’t that. He has shown glimpses of forward craft, but I think he will be best on the inside and he just isn’t moving Touk, Anderson, Rowell, Flanders, Humphrey out of there.

I think there is a player there, but Hollands has been disappointing with his lack of defensive effort and he also seems to lack a burst of speed.

I imagine Hollands being moved will depend on what happens with Flanders.

Dew was insistent that Hollands can be turned into a wing due to his aerobic capacity, however he just isn’t that. He has shown glimpses of forward craft, but I think he will be best on the inside and he just isn’t moving Touk, Anderson, Rowell, Flanders, Humphrey out of there.

I think there is a player there, but Hollands has been disappointing with his lack of defensive effort and he also seems to lack a burst of speed.

I think Flanders is almost certainly gone.

More to the story like off field? Haven't heard anything like that. Interesting. Should look elsewhere for a fresh start.
No off field issues, he has had Humphrey waltz past him and can’t replace Rowell, Anderson or Touk and seems to not want to play wing so he’s struggling to find a spot

Would like our club to get really active here.

Offer GC picks 20, 24 and F1 for pick 5 and Hollands (maybe a balance out of later Future picks involved)
So you’re suggesting, here’s a pile of poo for an elite pick and a contracted young top 10 talent?

That’s not “ active” it’s robbery

So you’re suggesting, here’s a pile of poo for an elite pick and a contracted young top 10 talent?

That’s not “ active” it’s robbery
Points wise it equals roughly pick 15 for Hollands assuming the Crows finish 8th next year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back