Traded Xavier Duursma [Traded to Essendon for Zerk-Thatcher, #73, 2x F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

3 & 19 is much better than a couple of mid 1st rounders. It’s not even close.

Dogs just gave up 10, 17 and a F1 for 4 and some late picks.

different situation though due to GC academy picks

Rumoured rort with the Saints. They get band 1 compo from Gresham then trade it for Sheil.

Sheil appears to be gone (didn’t show up at best and fairest tonight) and hasn’t been linked to other clubs aside from the saints

Lol. No way is trading a first rounder for Shiel. That has been doing the press rounds but won’t happen.
Would be far the worse trade of the off season of Saints did that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lol. No way is trading a first rounder for Shiel. That has been doing the press rounds but won’t happen.
Would be far the worse trade of the off season of Saints did that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That was the rumour but it seems to have quieted.

More likely now Saints get band 2 compo for Gresham (not sure what pick that is after compo/bids) probably 25-27

Then any Sheil deal is worked out independently. What Sheils worth to the saints and if any other team is interested remains a mystery. Really depends on what his contract is.

All I know I would be shocked to see Sheil at Essendon in 2 weeks time.

I don’t rate him plus it feels like he’s already had a mountain of concussions
I think there's been one concussion, from going back with the flight and filling the hole in front of Hawkins in a Qualifying Final.

He got a shoulder injury when Brisbane's Robinson decided to smash into him from front on when his head was over the ball. Its been impact injuries to Duursma's body that have preventing him from getting much continuity since his first year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Dangerfield played at Adelaide he carried himself with a real arrogance that neutral supporters seemed to hate but as a Crows fan I loved. Once he left though, I realised just how obnoxious it makes him look. I feel like Port Power supporters are going to experience the exact same feeling the first time Duursma fires off a make-believe arrow in an opposition guernsey.

Last edited:
When Dangerfield played at Adelaide he carried himself with a real arrogance that neutral supporters seemed to hate but as a Crows fan I loved. Once he left though, I realised just how obnoxious it makes him look. I feel like Port Power supporters are going to experience the exact same feeling the first time Duursma fires off a make-believe arrow in an opposition guernsey.
Nah thats just a problem with dickhead supporters from opponents. Goes in the same category as Charlie's motorbike rev, Mark Williams Shotgun etc.

Obnoxious goal celebrations is Rachele.

Crikey have you seen how half your forward line celebrates goals ?
Like I get it the bow n arrow would be mildly annoying but the full court press masturbation festival Rachele engages in is next level for ANY supporter surely ?

Crikey have you seen how half your forward line celebrates goals ?
Like I get it the bow n arrow would be mildly annoying but the full court press masturbation festival Rachele engages in is next level for ANY supporter surely ?
Yeah, Rachelle's goal celebration is probably one that I would have a similar reaction to. For all of Lachie Murphy's faults as a player I do love the good old fashion handshake that he gives Tex when one of them (lets face it, Tex) kicks a goal.

Hopefully there's a contract condition that if he does it he's dropped for the next month.

Zerk more valuable to Port and Essendon, than Duursma is. So I don't see how Zerk is worth less.
forgot the part where Port lured Zerk to request a trade whilst Duursma was kinda shown the door to see his opportunities elsewhere and this is where Essington pounced

Remove this Banner Ad

Back