Remove this Banner Ad

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Port into him. What’s he worth?
Personally unless Richmond received overs for him I’d hang onto him.
And by overs I think I’d do the trade for anything starting with a 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

All I heard is Soldo wants to stay in Victoria. Really this should be Geelong's ruck target.
He’d be better than whatever they have now. Do they even have a ruckman?
Fair deal is whatever port prise from the cats for the fijian they send to us for the Croat.

He’d be better than whatever they have now. Do they even have a ruckman?
Fair deal is whatever port prise from the cats for the fijian they send to us for the Croat.
Still have Stanley and Conway. Blicavs in a pinch but no one else. They must have someone lined up.

Don’t see how this would happen and why Port are even interested.

Sweet is younger and likely covers him just as well and cheaper. Can’t play them both in the side either.

Happy to leave him at Tigerland.
Maybe they want him to tell Kenny and the boys what it’s like to win a premiership?

Maybe they want him to tell Kenny and the boys what it’s like to win a premiership?
I mean that's what clubs should be doing if they struggled to get past a prelim. Lions bought in Gunston and Dunkley who had been there and it worked. You want players that have been at the top to pass on their experience.

Port into him. What’s he worth?
Personally unless Richmond received overs for him I’d hang onto him.
And by overs I think I’d do the trade for anything starting with a 2.
Not sure this deal gets done as Port are busy getting other prioritised deals & I doubt they have the trade capital you would be after.

Don’t see how this would happen and why Port are even interested.

Sweet is younger and likely covers him just as well and cheaper. Can’t play them both in the side either.

Happy to leave him at Tigerland.

Maybe because Ivan is a proven AFL ready ruckman, whats Sweet done? He "may" come good, but being in the premiership window, I'd think a proven commodity is worth much more. IMO ruck should be your number 1 priority followed by 1 key tall. I'd have Rategalea and Soldo as your primary 2 targets personally. 1 would get done with your pick 24 and the other for Freos 2nd in 2024 that you picked up.

You are in the window, are you seriously going to go into next years with Lycett, Sweet and Finlayson as your rucks? Enjoy getting bowled out in straight sets do you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe because Ivan is a proven AFL ready ruckman, whats Sweet done? He "may" come good, but being in the premiership window, I'd think a proven commodity is worth much more. IMO ruck should be your number 1 priority followed by 1 key tall. I'd have Rategalea and Soldo as your primary 2 targets personally. 1 would get done with your pick 24 and the other for Freos 2nd in 2024 that you picked up.

You are in the window, are you seriously going to go into next years with Lycett, Sweet and Finlayson as your rucks? Enjoy getting bowled out in straight sets do you?

IMO Soldo is a solid ruckman but not a real top line ruckman that will change a game on his own. I think Sweet can match what his output will be.

Soldo seems to be the type that can get 35 hit outs and low teens disposals which I see no reason Sweet can’t match if he’s improved which he does appear to have done the past 12-24 months in the VFL.

None are world beaters but given their value at the trade table, I’d rather just stick with Sweet and Soldo has also had a few injury interrupted years in a row now.

Certainly don’t need both and seems we’ve already committed to Sweet.

Also prefer Sweets age profile whereas with Soldo, we may get 2-3 good years before he slows compared to hopefully 4-5 which is perfect development time for a young ruck to come through.

Soldo’s not a bad player by any means but I just don’t think he will outperform Sweet by enough that would justify the extra price tag required to get him while contracted.

We also have young Visentine who showed some promise as a young ruckman so he’d also be in the frame not just Sweet and Lycett.

IMO Soldo is a solid ruckman but not a real top line ruckman that will change a game on his own. I think Sweet can match what his output will be.

Soldo seems to be the type that can get 35 hit outs and low teens disposals which I see no reason Sweet can’t match if he’s improved which he does appear to have done the past 12-24 months in the VFL.

None are world beaters but given their value at the trade table, I’d rather just stick with Sweet and Soldo has also had a few injury interrupted years in a row now.

Certainly don’t need both and seems we’ve already committed to Sweet.

Also prefer Sweets age profile whereas with Soldo, we may get 2-3 good years before he slows compared to hopefully 4-5 which is perfect development time for a young ruck to come through.

Soldo’s not a bad player by any means but I just don’t think he will outperform Sweet by enough that would justify the extra price tag required to get him while contracted.

We also have young Visentine who showed some promise as a young ruckman so he’d also be in the frame not just Sweet and Lycett.
We can't really afford to let Soldo go anyway, Nankervis has shown he gets wear & tear injuries.
We'd only have Ryan who is built like a stick & Ben Miller a ruck relief/3rd tall.

We can't really afford to let Soldo go anyway, Nankervis has shown he gets wear & tear injuries.
We'd only have Ryan who is built like a stick & Ben Miller a ruck relief/3rd tall.

Agree. Just don’t think it really makes sense from either angle and I think he stays at the Tigers which is best for both sides.

I actually think we need him. Our reckon he could be our number 1 ruck next year coming into his best footy.

Given he's contracted, I'd play a strong hand and advise clubs we are happy to keep him contracted for another year and if they want him we're asking for an overmarket price.
What’s an over market price?

Our future second (around pick 20 if we finish bottom 4) I think is overs but would consider it maybe if you also threw in a future 3rd

What’s an over market price?

Our future second (around pick 20 if we finish bottom 4) I think is overs but would consider it maybe if you also threw in a future 3rd
Id ask for your pick 18 this year. Whether we get it or not wouldn't bother me, I think we should keep Soldo but getting into the top 20 this year would be handy to help the rebuild.

Id ask for your pick 18 this year. Whether we get it or not wouldn't bother me, I think we should keep Soldo but getting into the top 20 this year would be handy to help the rebuild.
If north gave us 18 for soldo, Rawlings should hand in his resignation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back