Traded Mabior Chol [Traded with #62 to Hawthorn for F2 (Bris)]

Remove this Banner Ad

'The AFL has announced Richmond will receive an end of round two selection in the 2021 AFL draft as compensation for free agent Mabior Chol.'

Yeah, I got it wrong. Chol was free agent and Tigers got compo.
Richmond receive end of second-round compo pick for Mabior Chol’s free agency move to Gold Coast. Massive result for the Tigers. Currently No.38

I don't get the seeming obsession GC is being difficult when has dealings with Hawthorn, especially now that 'Dougie' Evans is there.

Pre Dougie we had the JOM trade.

This is the club that has played feeder to Geelong with all their gifts. Seriously we're arguing about Mabior and this is the club that dealt away a player AND pick 7 for a third rounder (last pick in the third round mind you) last off season.

I'm sure the deal gets done but I think a future third is fair.

So that's his value then pick 38. It hasn't increased, and the contracts offered are about the same
The value is determined by the clubs. We can here say whatever we want. It does not matter.

Personally, I would value Chol 30-35 but really I don't care. Lions F2 could do it I guess.

The value is determined by the clubs. We can here say whatever we want. It does not matter.

Personally, I would value Chol 30-35 but really I don't care. Lions F2 could do it I guess.
Pretty sure they would be considering theses things when determining the value, if they aren't they should be. Anyway I agree with you that's about right.

I don't get the seeming obsession GC is being difficult when has dealings with Hawthorn, especially now that 'Dougie' Evans is there.

Pre Dougie we had the JOM trade.

This is the club that has played feeder to Geelong with all their gifts. Seriously we're arguing about Mabior and this is the club that dealt away a player AND pick 7 for a third rounder (last pick in the third round mind you) last off season.

I'm sure the deal gets done but I think a future third is fair.
I would say now when concessions are over (IMO, Suns got way too many picks) Suns are aligning with other teams in deals.

Nobody really knows if Suns still have extended list as concession (I assume so).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be honest, did you actually want to keep scrimshaw on your list? Your LM sure seemed to want him and his salary gone.
It’s a bit disingenuous for you to say that the suns have been difficult to deal with when the Scrimshaw deal gave you a former pick six for a fourth-rounder. We couldn’t have made it any easier for you, or for him.

It’s a bit disingenuous for you to say that the suns have been difficult to deal with when the Scrimshaw deal gave you a former pick six for a fourth-rounder. We couldn’t have made it any easier for you, or for him.
You didn't answer my question. Did you want him and his contract on your books in 2019? Do you think your list manager did?

Remind me how many games he played for GC?

It was a salary dump and everyone knew it. I am amazed we didn't make you give a pick. Geelong knew how to play the game.

You didn't answer my question. Did you want him and his contract on your books in 2019? Do you think your list manager did?

Remind me how many games he played for GC?

It was a salary dump and everyone knew it. I am amazed we didn't make you give a pick. Geelong knew how to play the game.
I wanted to keep him, yes

I can’t speak for the list manager, regardless my club was very generous, take the win

I wanted to keep him, yes

I can’t speak for the list manager, regardless my club was very generous, take the win
You really don't like answering questions do you? You gave him 4 games to show what he could do, and then showed him the door.

We should have asked for a pick. Even bowes got more than 4 games.

You really don't like answering questions do you? You gave him 4 games to show what he could do, and then showed him the door.

We should have asked for a pick. Even bowes got more than 4 games.
Can you read?

I answered 2 of your 3 questions, if he played 4 games I take your word for it.

He was a contracted player who wanted to go home, was a hawks fan and we made it happen for basically zero. Hardly a difficult club to deal with or making clubs over pay.

Yeh, nah. It's $1.2m over 2 years. You've got one of the best young teams in the AFL, with some amazing talent coming through the draft this year. This dude isn't playing for you in any world. Happy for us to let him stay if you stick with anything earlier than a F3.

If Chols on $600k a year, I want Richmond to ask about our compo pick.

An end of 2nd round (band 4), suggests you are talking rubbish and its nowhere near $600k.

Can you read?

I answered 2 of your 3 questions, if he played 4 games I take your word for it.

He was a contracted player who wanted to go home, was a hawks fan and we made it happen for basically zero. Hardly a difficult club to deal with or making clubs over pay.
It was a salary dump, so fitting.
I feel like the Hawks being unable to bend the Suns over at the trade table when every other club does it for fun probably says more about the Hawks list team’s ability than anything.
Our trade team is terrible, we get nothing for our players then overpay for anyone we bring in. Thank * that they are great at the draft, or else we’d be in a world of pain

I feel like the Hawks being unable to bend the Suns over at the trade table when every other club does it for fun probably says more about the Hawks list team’s ability than anything.

Maybe it’s just one big misunderstanding, suns want to give us Chol AND a F2, not take a F2.

Chol and 66 for 63, lines up with the Hollands trade.

Way more than I would have wanted to pay, but still less than I expected. Trade period has ended with me feeling somewhat relieved.

My only real fear is that Brandon Ryan might end up a gun and we gave him away for very little as a way to get the picks for Chol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back