Traded Shane McAdam [Traded to Melbourne for F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

And now you're as ridiculous as danster.
Would be behind Kossie overall for sure. You'd probably expect him to kick about the same number of goals. He's very good on a lead

He would be your best forward.

God there are some ridiculous takes coming from both sides in the McAdam and Petty threads.

McAdam's best season (bearing in mind he is 28) in terms of goal scoring was 25:
  • Fritsch has kicked 59 and 55 in his last two full seasons
  • Pickett has a 41, 40 and 37 goal season by age 22
  • JVR kicked 28 in his debut season this year
  • Petracca also kicked 28 this year
  • Hell, even Melksham kicked 20 goals in 13 games this year (and five of those were sub-affected)
I want McAdam—and don't get me wrong, he's a handy player—but "would be your best forward" is an incredibly bad take.

It's almost getting to the point if Adelaide are going to play hard ball I would just walk away and apologise to McAdam's manager. No disrespect to McAdam but we simply cannot be seen to blink first here.
Mentioned before a F2 is fair value... the issue is we are after a player.

It's almost getting to the point if Adelaide are going to play hard ball I would just walk away and apologise to McAdam's manager. No disrespect to McAdam but we simply cannot be seen to blink first here.
We have clearly stated - right from the beginning - that we aren't interested in a draft pick. If anyone is playing hard ball it's Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have clearly stated - right from the beginning - that we aren't interested in a draft pick. If anyone is playing hard ball it's Melbourne.

He is uncontracted and no big loss at our end. Liam Henry, who is a better player was traded today for the same value as Melbourne's offer.

Pretty inane thread, but my 2 cents is that Adelaide is clearly playing hardball, what should be an easy trade is a Melbourne headache.

Problem is McAdam's trade value is not wanted by Adelaide, so Reid is trying a few things. And to be frank, it's quite enjoyable for a change, given we have rolled over a little early a few times.

It appears we'd be just as happy to let McAdam go to the PSD and try his luck, although I think Freo would look hard given the opening they have in the forward line, and McAdam being a WA kid.

Future second is worth more than PSD (obviously), but honestly, a late pick in the 30s isn't exciting anybody.

Petty still in play.

Pretty inane thread, but my 2 cents is that Adelaide is clearly playing hardball, what should be an easy trade is a Melbourne headache.

Problem is McAdam's trade value is not wanted by Adelaide, so Reid is trying a few things. And to be frank, it's quite enjoyable for a change, given we have rolled over a little early a few times.

It appears we'd be just as happy to let McAdam go to the PSD and try his luck, although I think Freo would look hard given the opening they have in the forward line, and McAdam being a WA kid.

Future second is worth more than PSD (obviously), but honestly, a late pick in the 30s isn't exciting anybody.

Petty still in play.
Not sure Petty is in play based on the Tim Lamb commentary today. As a supporter I was glad to see him reference 2 years of development as a partnership with JVR. Back to McAdam however I am guessing (literally) the F2 gets it done

Not sure Petty is in play based on the Tim Lamb commentary today. As a supporter I was glad to see him reference 2 years of development as a partnership with JVR. Back to McAdam however I am guessing (literally) the F2 gets it done
Yeah, I expect a F2 goes through if we can't trade in a player, including via a 3rd club.

Petty still in play.

No, Petty isn't (in play)

The Dees future 2nd round pick is ultimately what this transaction will happen, for some reason the Crows will leave it to the last minute to try make their club look like big shots (least in the eyes of their supporters)

AFAIK Adelaide currently have 36 Primary List players and can have a maximum of 38.

With picks 10, 14 and 20 they still need to lose a primary list player to use them all. They're not holding a list space open to re-draft McAdam. MFC can just take him in the PSD and keep the F2nd.

Just was weird how he said '100%' to the next question... kinda devalued the first one.

But I'd have to agree with you. He can't go back on his word now.

See you again next year, then the year after?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Dees future 2nd round pick is ultimately what this transaction will happen, for some reason the Crows will leave it to the last minute to try make their club look like big shots (least in the eyes of their supporters)
Ok, didn't know you were also privy to list manager inside info as well.

I'm just going by what was reported by purple.

The Crows don't give a s**t about looking like big shots. They just need a deal that works for them, that's all.

Ultimately it probably is just a F2, but good on them for exploring every possibility.

Just was weird how he said '100%' to the next question... kinda devalued the first one.

But I'd have to agree with you. He can't go back on his word now.

See you again next year, then the year after?

Alas yes. All things being equal it would seem he has a desire to return to South Oz

AFAIK Adelaide currently have 36 Primary List players and can have a maximum of 38.

With picks 10, 14 and 20 they still need to lose a primary list player to use them all. They're not holding a list space open to re-draft McAdam. MFC can just take him in the PSD and keep the F2nd.
yeah, so I'd be taking the F2 and moving come Wednesday if there is nothing else that can be squeezed out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back