Traded Shane McAdam [Traded to Melbourne for F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

The way Melbourne are handling trades by offering unders and demanding overs, I would rather the Crows play hardball. I'm not sure why anyone thinks a pick near 40 is his worth if we compare him to some other players and their values.

lol remind me again how many players has Adelaide successfully traded so far this trade period?

Dees have already been a part of 4 player movements.

A future 2nd is more than generous. Sparrow is better and younger. Petty is too important to us. If Adelaide really wanted Petty they'd have to over pay by probably 2x firsts and a 2nd rounder. He's too important to us. As Riley Beveridge said, if Petty wasn't injured we probably win the flag so trading Petty now could arguably cost us another flag.

The calibre of players we'd trade for Mcadam would be guys like Melksham, Spargo, Tomlinson etc.

Two firsts and a second for Petty is laughable. Did you manage to post that with a straight face?

I agree with the McAdam part. A future second is what he is worth at most. You can’t blame for the crows for drawing the process out to try and help them with whatever else they are trying to do.

Two firsts and a second for Petty is laughable. Did you manage to post that with a straight face?

I agree with the McAdam part. A future second is what he is worth at most. You can’t blame for the crows for drawing the process out to try and help them with whatever else they are trying to do.

It’s fair for a 1m dollar a year player.

Thats similar to what Petracca is being paid so if you want to offer that coin, the compo has to match.

You blokes have 10 and 16 for Bryce Gibbs who wasn’t contracted and was being paid less for comparison.

Thats similar to what Petracca is being paid so if you want to offer that coin, the compo has to match.

You blokes have 10 and 16 for Bryce Gibbs who wasn’t contracted and was being paid less for comparison.
Not sure brining up the Gibbs deal makes sense. It's widely considered a massive **** up by Adelaide.

Future 2nd for McAdam I would take and run for what it's worth though.

$1M in the first year only so slightly over $800-850K for entire contract and we got Carlton's 2nd rounder back who finished last which end up being pick 20 (after FA compensation) so Gibbs was traded for around pick 10, he was also a more proven player than Petty. He lead our B&F in the 1st half of the season when Sloane and Crouch were injured and then the entire team went to shit due to CM.

Gibbs had 2 more years on his contract when we successfully traded him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aligning trade value to salary is a very simple way to look at things, especially when the salary cap is increasing. He is a role player.

Not only do Adelaide want a F2, now they want a player as well for McAdam.

FMD.

A little confused there mate. Adelaide don’t want an F2.

They are happy to provide a first rounder with him though for a player (Petty)

Now you are all caught up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Gibbs decision is considered a disaster, so maybe don't say you're looking for that.

The money we would give Petty is to get him to leave you. We would not also pay you as well - that doesn't make any sense. You don't overpay twice.

And it's $800k, about what McKay got, and he's a spud.

Pick 10 and McAdam would be incredibly generous for a player with one foot averaging ten disposals a game.

So now you dont want a second rounder, just a like for like player.

Welcome to Adelaide Charlie Spargo.

A little confused there mate. Adelaide don’t want an F2.

They are happy to provide a first rounder with him though for a player (Petty)

Now you are all caught up

But the player involved is worth 2 first rounders, so mentioning McAdam as steak knives is irrelevant.

Melbourne should be ashamed of themselves for even offering a future 2nd for McAdam.

But the player involved is worth 2 first rounders, so mentioning McAdam as steak knives is irrelevant.

Melbourne should be ashamed of themselves for even offering a future 2nd for McAdam.
Who are you talking about, that's worth two first rounders?

It can't be the guy with the lisfranc injury, who's been the third wheel in your defensive unit.

Two first rounders is what you'd pay for someone who's top ten in their position, not someone who isn't even in the top 20.

A first and a second is what you get for a VERY good player - you should take it and run.

God you talk as much nonsense as the Adelaide supporters in this thread.

Look, personally I'd be taking the F2 on offer, but if the club is outright refusing and a player just can't be part of the overall deal, then I hope the club tries this as a bit extra

Melbourne
In: McAdam and Crows F3
Out: Melbourne F2 and Sydney F2

Adelaide
In: Melbourne F2 + Sydney F2
Out: McAdam + F3

Its obviously more than the F2 on offer, but with both Sydney and Melbourne every chance to be up the top end of the ladder its 2 back ended 2nds and the crows are still no certainties to crack the top 8 - we are 1 or 2 injuries away from another bottom half finish - it could be about a 10 place drop on the Sydney 2nd to the crows 3rd

Aligning trade value to salary is a very simple way to look at things, especially when the salary cap is increasing. He is a role player.

Salary is the most fluid, controllable and contextual value that a club puts on a player. There is nothing better to show what each club valued a player at so it's appropriate to determine trade value off that in my opinion.

Who are you talking about, that's worth two first rounders?

It can't be the guy with the lisfranc injury, who's been the third wheel in your defensive unit.

Two first rounders is what you'd pay for someone who's top ten in their position, not someone who isn't even in the top 20.

A first and a second is what you get for a VERY good player - you should take it and run.

Petty is worth more to Dees on the park in 2024 and 2025 as we push for a flag than any deal Crows offer unless provides enough draft assets be used by Dees to unlock a quality replacement key forward. Which is not going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back