Traded Mabior Chol [Traded with #62 to Hawthorn for F2 (Bris)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Chol has been raised as a strong trade possibility by Twomey twice over the past day (on Gettable and SEN).

A KPF/ruck hybrid would have to be one of the more sought after positional needs this off-season.

Only 26 years old, so still young enough to attract a long term offer.

He'll be behind King, Walter, Lukosius, and Casboult next year, so negligible chance of our getting an extended run at it in the seniors for the foreseeable future.

Besides, he's already been traded out of a Hardwick team once already.

On the flipside, the Suns' draft hand is already loaded with picks. So, what gets it done?

Chol has been raised as a strong trade possibility by Twomey twice over the past day (on Gettable and SEN).

A KPF/ruck hybrid would have to be one of the more sought after positional needs this off-season.

Only 26 years old, so still young enough to attract a long term offer.

He'll be behind King, Walter, Lukosius, and Casboult next year, so negligible chance of our getting an extended run at it in the seniors for the foreseeable future.

Besides, he's already been traded out of a Hardwick team once already.

On the flipside, the Suns' draft hand is already loaded with picks. So, what gets it done?
Casboult is almost done, and Walter is a first year player. Chol is definitely needed. Would take overs for the Suns to let him go.

He was excellent last year filling in for King.

Casboult is almost done, and Walter is a first year player. Chol is definitely needed. Would take overs for the Suns to let him go.

He was excellent last year filling in for King.
I think Chol's too good to be playing seconds all the time and Walter will be playing seniors for some of next year.

Casboult's career timeline dovetails perfectly with Walter.

I think Chol's too good to be playing seconds all the time and Walter will be playing seniors for some of next year.

Casboult's career timeline dovetails perfectly with Walter.
Agree about Chol, but he's one injury to King/Witts/Luko/Casboult away from playing regularly next year so the Suns would need some convincing to let him go.

Agree about Chol, but he's one injury to King/Witts/Luko/Casboult away from playing regularly next year so the Suns would need some convincing to let him go.
You got him for an end of 2nd round pick, and bearing in mind you're basically just keeping him as quality depth, how much convincing are you talking?

Guessing futures or pick consolidation/upgrade might be the preference?

You got him for an end of 2nd round pick, and bearing in mind you're basically just keeping him as quality depth, how much convincing are you talking?

Given he still has 2 years left I'd say keep him for at least one more year. Unless he and Dimma don't get on, but there is no suggestion on that and as far I'm aware he left Richmond on good terms.

What we got him for and what he’s worth a two very different things, sellers market for key forwards. He had a career best year last year so has some runs on the board he didn’t have when he arrived, but was pushed out this year with kings return.

With two years on his contract, I can’t see him leaving, unless as has been already stated he doesn’t get along with Dimma.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What we got him for and what he’s worth a two very different things, sellers market for key forwards. He had a career best year last year so has some runs on the board he didn’t have when he arrived, but was pushed out this year with kings return.

With two years on his contract, I can’t see him leaving, unless as has been already stated he doesn’t get along with Dimma.
Years ago Dimma talked about having Dan Rioli live with their family and how they would have taken in Mabior if they had room. Nothing since then has indicated any sort of strained relationship but he just never quite took the next step with us and when he left Richmond it was all positive. He would fill a need with us now that Riewoldt has retired but I doubt it would eventuate.

It's a bit rough by The Suns shopping Chol around given he moved up there to be close to his family.
Who said that Suns are shopping Chol? All Cal said that he could be a trade option for clubs seeking KPF due to limited market and lack of opportunity. I have little doubt clubs are interested but so far I did not hear that Chol wants to leave or Suns are shopping him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back