Traded Chris Burgess [Traded with #14 to Adelaide for #23 and #26]

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Burgess on a heavily back ended contract? GC could've got more than 23 + 26 for 14 alone. This only makes sense if GC want to get his salary off the books.
Doubt it. Be surprised if he was on much more than the minimum.

More likely the Suns let him go as he has been promised a shot at AFL footy. He was nothing more than depth at the Suns.

Maybe, but the Suns seem keen to get these deals done early.

Probably suited Adelaide and Melbourne to get it done, and the Suns will be looking to build some goodwill this trade period. Fingers crossed it results in a few teams deciding not to bid on Read and Rogers.
Also, Crows played fair with Rankine last season, so there would be goodwill between the 2 clubs.

We are noted bidder on players, but doubt we will bid on any GC academy players.

Also, Crows played fair with Rankine last season, so there would be goodwill between the 2 clubs.

We are noted bidder on players, but doubt we will bid on any GC academy players.
Yep exactly.

Adelaide and Melbourne have 6-10-11-14 currently. If they don't bid it's a huge win for GC.

Probably why they did 18 to North for 2024 #20 too. Maybe they leave Walter alone?

What’s a “heaps” better deal they could have got? Probably only 21/25 from Carlton and they didn’t have those picks until after this one was done

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I would’ve tried to get a future first involved.

Melbourne just paid over 1000 points to move up from 14 to 11. Crows have done well here.

I would’ve tried to get a future first involved.

Melbourne just paid over 1000 points to move up from 14 to 11. Crows have done well here.
Crows have a.good record trading picks...

I don't know wtf Dees were thinking!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you sure? Burgess equals 383 points (pick 43). IMO, if anything Burgess value was 50+ or basically nothing.
Good example of a win/win trade

Had those picks been taken to the draft for players they would've finished up essentially being worthless this year.

Burgess probably also happy to move home and is more likely to get a shot at playing seniors considering the current injuries to our KPP

Weird move for Burgess. Stuck in VFL for years now goes to Adelaide to play behind Walker, Thilthorpe and Fogarty.
Crows more likely to use him as a defender.

Murray injured for most of the year.
Butts also coming off an injury.

Pretty sure he will play games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back