Traded Lachie Schultz [Traded to Collingwood for #34 and F1]

Remove this Banner Ad

Mini rant, I'm just ******* over never being able to hold players. We just cant compete

You can hold on to him though, he's contracted and you're under no obligation to listen to offers.

Retention seems a massive issue for the Dockers at the moment. If there was any appetite to show a bit of backbone, now would be the time to do it.

You can hold on to him though, he's contracted and you're under no obligation to listen to offers.

Retention seems a massive issue for the Dockers at the moment. If there was any appetite to show a bit of backbone, now would be the time to do it.
We've done that three times already. Hill, Henry and Lobb all tried to leave the year before they were eventually trade. It doesnt make a difference

You’ll be ok
In isolation Schultz doesnt seem like the biggest loss on paper but it's about the grander picture. We can not ever truly compete if we continue to bleed players every year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've done that three times already. Hill, Henry and Lobb all tried to leave the year before they were eventually trade. It doesnt make a difference

So you either keep doing it, or call a review into what the actual cause of this is.

As a Carlton fan...I would like us to get involved here. Schultz would be a great addition to our forward line; he's exactly what we need and I am all for making life a little more difficult for the Pies. ;)

Sound like he hit the trigger, but chose not to exercise it. So I think that mean he’s out of contract…

In isolation Schultz doesnt seem like the biggest loss on paper but it's about the grander picture. We can not ever truly compete if we continue to bleed players every year
why does it keep happening in your opinion?

henry, acres, logue, schultz all leaving in consecutive trade periods is significant best 22 turnover all within the last 2 trade periods. then consider neale, langdon and hill all being high level players that have departed freo as well. i dont think any other club is bleeding best 22 quality players like fremantle in the last 5 years.

He is contracted and absolutely worth more than that.

It cannot be as straightforward as that.
It wont be, per every other contracted player we lose, it will be something Pies fans arent comfortable with but end up happy when he plays for them round 1

why does it keep happening in your opinion?

henry, acres, logue, schultz all leaving in consecutive trade periods is significant best 22 turnover all within the last 2 trade periods. then consider neale, langdon and hill all being high level players that have departed freo as well. i dont think any other club is bleeding best 22 quality players like fremantle in the last 5 years.
I honestly wish I knew. JL has his critics but if there is one thing I'd back him in for it's that he has a great relationship with players and we have strong people at the club who love it (Serong, Young Brayshaw).

Clubs see us on the same tier as GC and GWS I suppose and know they can pinch players reasonably easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back