Play Nice Hypothetical Pick 1 Trade Poll: Pick 1 for Picks 2 & 15 --- Pick 1 & F1 (WCE) for Picks 2 & 3 --- Something else?

What sort of trade do you think would be fair and/or likely when involving Pick 1 in 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course, I will remind you all to review the rules of the trade board, in particular:
  • No trolling – in addition to the obvious, we have a ban on troll nicknames such as Norf, West Coke, etc similar to the main board, because this type of language is inflammatory and creates more issues than it solves. Keep it civilised or take it elsewhere, such as the Bay or your club board, or whoever will have you really
  • Don't be a pest – this includes derailing the thread with off-topic stuff, or trying to starve it of oxygen through proof by assertion/argument ad nauseam, aka filibustering
  • Personal attacks – should go without saying but stick to the point, no name calling, no insinuations about someone's intelligence, abilities or other attributes

Until Harley rips North a new one and then the salt will start.
Legit here but im pretty sure North fans will boo his every disposal when we play them on the logic that he didnt demand not to be drafted by Eagles and is therefore someone who wronged them

May even get more boos then JHF

It’s why you asked for 2 & 3 for 1. It’s the better draft hand. We also have 3 late 1st rounders. Bring on tomorrow!!
All the eggs in one basket isnt the best scenario when the basket is so flimsy

I think with pick 36 we probably get the player we would have picked with pick 15 anyway so nothing lost in that scenario. Most draft watchers say difference between pick 15 and 36 is they are different numbers. Players picked at each will be exact same talent wise however

It's a little from column A, a little from column B.

West Coast underperformed in each of 2019, 2020 and 2021, blowing a top 2, top 4 and top 8 chance in those respective years. We were certainly over the hill and would have been a mid-table team at best in 2022 and 2023.

But Covid destroyed our early 2022 and injury destroyed both the 2022 and 2023 seasons. On paper, we were not a bottom two team in either of the last two years.

That said, we have no regenerated part of our list and will be a bottom two side on talent in 2024. We'll win more games and be much more competitive but as others have said, noone else is falling off a cliff just yet.
I dont think lack of talent is the correct way to describe it. We have talent, the issue is theyre mostly 21 or under.

Lack of experienced talent maybe?
Saying lack of talent sounds like the vic way of thinking we are just starting a rebuild last draft imo

I dont think lack of talent is the correct way to describe it. We have talent, the issue is theyre mostly 21 or under.

Saying lack of talent sounds like the vic way of thinking we are just starting a rebuild last draft imo
Last draft?

Most of them think it's starting this year...

Meanwhile, half our list will be 21 and under going into next season.

I didn't say we had a lack of talent

Reminds me of last year when Gibney was going to be better than Sheezel.
Ginbey still may end up better than Sheezel

I think he's going to suprise a lot of people. I'm very bullish on the lad.

I think they're both probably future AAs TBH

Reminds me of last year when Gibney was going to be better than Sheezel.
Careful of the early crow. Sheezel looked good but was able to play off half back and pick up some easy possessions. Ginbey was forced right into the coal face because of our injuries and still did ok. At 19, he’s come into pre-season like a tank. He’s gonna bully a lot of players sooner than people think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back