Traded Taylor Adams [traded to Sydney for pick #33]

Remove this Banner Ad

Good footballer but he seemed to play a lot less through the midfield this year than in previous seasons.

Whilst he was very good at times and his numbers were strong, it does look like he was somewhat being phased out already so I wouldn't totally dismiss this from Collingwood's perspective despite being contracted for another season.

Clearly they can play well without him so if they can get something of value for a 30 year old it's probably going to be something they're open to exploring, much loved as he may be at that football club.

Don’t reckon if Adams was to leave we need any players from Sydney. It would simply just free up a spot for Fin, Allan or Reef.

Adams & 36 for Sydney’s 23 & 31.

23 is probably overs given Adams age, but he is under contact and it will end up being almost pick 30 anyway.

Which will be pushed to ~27 maybe not enough for Collingwood.
If Tay wanted to move, I doubt whether the club would stand in his way.

The club as a whole would feel for him after missing the GF.

There is no chance they would push for a hard trade, if in his heart he needed a change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would probably wants a 3 year contract, but if he really wants to do it I guess we might not stop him. However personally I wouldn't want it to happen. It strengthens a rival who with a good inside mid and a ruck would challenge us next year. I would want big overs.

Last edited:
He has essentially been replaced by Mitchell and Pendlebury and the pies don't carry slow inside mids, also frees up space for Fin Macrae. Looks like a win/win, probably a pick in the 30's gets it done

He has essentially been replaced by Mitchell and Pendlebury and the pies don't carry slow inside mids, also frees up space for Fin Macrae. Looks like a win/win, probably a pick in the 30's gets it done
Don't think it is a win for the pies if we are talking about next years premiership chances. Fin may get games next year or he may not. Keeping Adams gives us much more flexibility for next year. Long term though its a win/win.

Nice “snipe hunt” by the Swans, get the Pies to commit to him for max value.
He is neither a “gun” or cheap talent/potential - which the swans are bloody good at targeting.
Hope the Swans keep up the good work making all the other clubs scramble while they work thru what they really want.
No coincidence that they have Grundy sorted & Jordon locked in already.

Nice “snipe hunt” by the Swans, get the Pies to commit to him for max value.
He is neither a “gun” or cheap talent/potential - which the swans are bloody good at targeting.
Hope the Swans keep up the good work making all the other clubs scramble while they work thru what they really want.
No coincidence that they have Grundy sorted & Jordon locked in already.

Isn't the rumour that Adams approached us, not the other way around?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back