Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whole different level I would have thought! There's striking out of accident and out of frustration, then there'd deliberately doping to gain an advantage over your peers. This is uncharted territory.
Don't be dense. From a brownlow point of view, ineligible is ineligible. The scale of the incident is irrelevant. Why are you making a special case for doping offences?

Don't be dense. From a brownlow point of view, ineligible is ineligible. The scale of the incident is irrelevant. Why are you making a special case for doping offences?
Because doping cases are on a whole different level. The scale shouldn't be irrelevant, this is the biggest scandal in VFL/AFL history.

I know you'd like Mitchell to have a Brownlow, in fact I hope he and Cotchin get it but I can't see it happening.

Not sure about that. The problem is that if you put a line through every Essendon player, then the Brownlow points gets skewed. Anyone who was on 2 would get 3, etc. There'd be no one to replace the 1s. There simply would be no Brownlow winner that year.
Treat them as all suspended players (like they had bumped someone and didn't play for $hitme)

Not sure about that. The problem is that if you put a line through every Essendon player, then the Brownlow points gets skewed. Anyone who was on 2 would get 3, etc. There'd be no one to replace the 1s. There simply would be no Brownlow winner that year.

Just had a quick look at who polled below Jobe, the following non-essendon players:
Cassisi (PA)
Nicholson (MEL)
Pavlich (Freo)
Dangerfield (Ade)
Sloane (Ade)

Those who polled below other Essendon players:
Wells (NM)
Pavlich (Freo)
Ebert (PA)

So that would change it to:
26 Cotchin
26 Mitchell
25 Swan
25 Thompson
24 Ablett
24 Dangerfield
19 Kennedy
19 Beams
19 Hayes
17 Pavlich

Obviously no way to tell who would get the missing votes.

[Edited as forgot Watson wasn't the only one - only gave Pav another vote)

Last edited:
I don't know how things work but a scenario similair to other competition could be in play.

At the time votes were given, they were eligible to receive votes, much like players who have been suspended. or competitors in other sports who were later found out to be on drugs.

They can receive votes, but can't win the award.

This could play out, conceivably in this case. Simply ineligible to win the vote. Or, more accurately, stripped of the award.

But yes, it could play out a number of ways, I guess.

Agreed grizzlym - the number of votes aren't going to change - as someone previously mentioned, it's no different from Fyfe continuing to receive votes even though he is ineligible

Yes, it's simply that the player is no longer eligible to win the award. Makes it a very easy line to draw.

Just declare it voided. As much as Mitchell and Cotchin deserve it - athletes wouldn't want a consolation prize like that. Void it and let it forever be a blank line in the record books as an underscore as to how absolutely ridiculous Essenscum are and how contemptuously they treated the integrity of the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile, over at bomberblitz, the delusion continues....

are people really so naive to think if James Hird was never involved with the Essendon football club in the future that this would magically disappear and that the media would just give up.

Hird kept us afloat last year, if it wasn't for him we would be dead and buried.

In Hird I Trust

Meanwhile, over at bomberblitz, the delusion continues....

It's batshit crazy. I love Clarko, would love to shake his hand and thank him for all we enjoy right now. I'd buy him a beer and want to share a drink and chat to him about life and footy. But if I found out he implemented anything close to the level of dodgy s**t that has been happening at Essencscum then I'd want him tarred and feathered and driven out of Waverley by a bunch of pitchfork wielding HFC fans while Benny Hill music played in the background. Nothing makes up for what that megalomaniac did at Essendrugs - and the ostrich-like reaction of the Druggers fans has made me not feel an ounce of pity toward them. They are culpable and deserve every bit of pain inflicted upon their rotten club.

Last edited:
True enough. The naivety, delusion and general stupidity amongst that particular fanbase is at a level that I never thought would be reached. That it looks like being completely and utterly sustainable no matter what comes to light is the really impressive part.

I think they'll be writing about the fans of the non-existent EFC and how they let their club burn right before their very eyes, in decades to come.

How on earth can you set up a backdated suspension - what does that even mean

Still want to say that hird and his ongoing - "this is about the players" is wearing very very thin

True enough. The naivety, delusion and general stupidity amongst that particular fanbase is at a level that I never thought would be reached. That it looks like being completely and utterly sustainable no matter what comes to light is the really impressive part.

I think they'll be writing about the fans of the non-existent EFC and how they let their club burn right before their very eyes, in decades to come.

And yet they still keep drinking the kool aid – it really is beyond belief. Someone needs to get James Hird into a lab for study because he clearly has some sort of magical powers of persuasion. The whole lot of them (fans, board etc.) would seemingly rather have the whole club go up in flames than hold Hird responsible for his misdeeds.

They will fight paddy leaving - voss and lynch both presented very good scenarios as to why they have no choice but to go through the courts if necessary

Guesstimates that the legal bill is already at a million $

And yet they still keep drinking the kool aid – it really is beyond belief. Someone needs to get James Hird into a lab for study because he clearly has some sort of magical powers of persuasion. The whole lot of them (fans, board etc.) would seemingly rather have the whole club go up in flames than hold Hird responsible for his misdeeds.
Just check out the amount of Bomber posters on bigfooty that have this 'joke' going where they post "Hird's Fault" in almost any and every thread, because they think he's just been made a scapegoat for everything.

They are that damn stupid, that they can't fathom that he was responsible for the entire injection program even though his texts are on the record telling Dank how good the players were feeling and asking him to get even more players involved.

Then there's the amazing coincidence of his old steroid abusing mate, who just happens to be supplying Dank with the drugs he is injecting into the players.

The Essendon supporters who crap on about Hird being made a scapegoat should be rounded up and sent to the moon. They don't deserve to breathe earth's oxygen. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back