News New CEO - Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

I know he's been literally doing this for everyone, but there's nothing like starting your day with a notification that the CEO likes your idea. Oh boy oh boy, I'm all giddy!

@Fages1 game day idea: mini-towel waiving. Brand & sell them. Whole crowd gets involved. Just ask AFC ambassador @Patty_Mills! #welcomefages

I like the guy. He just favorited one of my tweets that I sent about Crows marketing.

@KrisStewart1000: @Fages1: I think you'd benefit from marketing sub brand targeted @ 18-35 yo males. They seem disconnected from current family focus strategy

Yes. The "taken for granted" subgroup. Good call Caro.

Ahh that phrase 'we are in a performance based industry'.

I have been a fan since our inception and I haven't heard that expression ever at Adelaide. Not in any of Chapman's blubbering press conferences nor Riccuito's statements over the past 3 months.

Now in the past 72 hours it has been used ad-nauseam from our club. It was used about 6 times by Chapman when Sando was sacked. Danger sprouted it out on the footy show. Riccuito has used it on radio. Van Berlo used it in his interview declaring there is no divide in the players.

Is this all a coincidence? Or are we getting a clearly defined direction from our CEO.

But surely Fagan couldn't be directing our culture already? He hasn't even started yet. Maybe he just got told by our amazing PR/Marketing people that this is what we were going for.

I mean there is no way he could be involved deeply yet - considering he got hired on Monday. It was surprising to hear during this interview that he wasn't shocked by the decision at all. Whats also surprising is that he was discussing the player reviews during 'the latter stages of my interview process'. Wow. How does that work? But surely - he still couldn't have had any say in the sacking of Sanderson could he???

I mean his decision to sack Sanderson has no similarities to the sacking of Friend as a coach in 2011?

They both weren't shock sackings.

There weren't leaks from the club that it was due to 5 senior players not wanting the coach:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...r-brumbies-and-assistants-20110301-1bd8r.html

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/adelaide-now-a-not-so-great-club-20140919-10j2ap.html

(Our club ambassador leaked that it was Douglas, Walker, Danger, Crouch Jnr, Crouch Snr that lead the charge).

But then the club comes out and strongly denies these claims:

http://www.supersport.com/rugby/super-rugby/news/110301/Brumbies_coach_fired

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...renton-sanderson/story-fnia3xzy-1227062487266

Its a brilliant tactical move. By spreading the rumour that players want Sando sacked - whilst denying it takes the heat off.

Seriously - if you don't think Fagan had anything to do with this sacking you have rocks in your head.
Are you one of those people that when the facts don't support your pet theory you just deny or ignore them? For heaven's sake, every one involved has given a plausible outline of the process that led to Sando's sacking and who was involved. And yet you continue to believe in a conspiracy and cover up by the club and CEO whereby the recently appointed CEO who hasn't even started yet, has managed to acquire such an intimate knowledge of the workings and people in the club that he can sack the incumbent coach while continuing to perform his duties at his real job. And what's the reason for this "brilliant tactical move" to cover up the real story of Sando's sacking? I can't wait to hear it.

Are you one of those people that when the facts don't support your pet theory you just deny or ignore them? For heaven's sake, every one involved has given a plausible outline of the process that led to Sando's sacking and who was involved. And yet you continue to believe in a conspiracy and cover up by the club and CEO whereby the recently appointed CEO who hasn't even started yet, has managed to acquire such an intimate knowledge of the workings and people in the club that he can sack the incumbent coach while continuing to perform his duties at his real job. And what's the reason for this "brilliant tactical move" to cover up the real story of Sando's sacking? I can't wait to hear it.

What do you disagree with?

Bit funny that the exact same situation is playing out at the Crows that played out at the Brumbies in 2011 isn't it? A bit of a coincidence that Fagan wouldn't have been involved?

As to the reason for the brilliant tactical move its very obvious. By leaking that the players are responsible but denying it - it gives our board credibility as to why we got rid of Sando. The pressure on our club would have been 5 times as much.

Bit funny that the exact same situation is playing out at the Crows that played out at the Brumbies in 2011 isn't it? A bit of a coincidence that Fagan wouldn't have been involved?

As to the reason for the brilliant tactical move its very obvious. By leaking that the players are responsible but denying it - it gives our board credibility as to why we got rid of Sando. The pressure on our club would have been 5 times as much.
So basically it's the coincidence of Fagan being associated with a sporting body that sacked it's coach? It's hardly "the exact same situation". At the Brumbies Fagan had been CEO for six years and sacks the the coach he had appointed at the beginning of the coach's third season. After years of under performing, Adelaide makes sweeping changes by appointing a new CEO and sacking it's coach.

I can't see how "leaking that the players are responsible but denying it", gives our board credibility. The board hardening up and sacking an under performing coach nine months after extending his contract was roundly applauded by the vast majority of posters on this board. It's only the conspiracy lovers that don't see it. Just accept it for what it is. The board is finally driving changes in the club to try and make us competitive again.

Bart: "I hate being a kid, no one listsens to me"

Grandpa: "I hate being old, no one listens to me"

Homer: "But i'm a white male aged 20-40, everyone listens to me!

You telling me the Simpsons got one wrong? Or just the AFC?

250px-Nuts_and_Gum.png

haha. sounds like something the AFC marketing department would bring out!

Bart: "I hate being a kid, no one listsens to me"

Grandpa: "I hate being old, no one listens to me"

Homer: "But i'm a white male aged 20-40, everyone listens to me!

You telling me the Simpsons got one wrong? Or just the AFC?

Just us. We're marketing like the same message reaches 60 year old women, nine year old boys and 24 year old men.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big presumption from a guy yet to start full time with no real time AFL experience - Adelaide should have borrowed Freos hymn book & signed the replacement before swinging the axe. Just how competent is the board?

Sando was sacked because he wasn't a good coach and was going to continue in a direction the board didn't think we should be heading. If the board want to refresh and rebuild, then the coach gets on board and implements the strategy. If he refuses,then he's gone. We didn't have a singular candidate that we had been negotiating with to replace Sando. We're going to the market and getting the best that we can, but regardless of who ends up being selected, Sando was gone.

I think it's because he hasn't cheated. And, you know, his credentials aren't a list of schools he's taught.
Helps when you win a job on merit!

Yea I know but in your 6th day on the job it is decent.

I'd be worried if he was less popular or is was even a question after 6 days... Trigg was pathetic so...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back