Mega Thread Congratulations Matt Priddis

Remove this Banner Ad

Great result, to the idiots who think he is not worthy then learn something about footy, it is the umpires award. the fact that it is the games biggest award makes no difference because it is still the umpires award. According to them he is still the best player in the comp.
Well done Matt!!!

Interesting stat for Geelong and Freo fans, is that after their first five seasons Fyfe and Selwood have both polled exactly 75 Brownlow votes.

Selwood played a few more games though.

Interesting stat for Geelong and Freo fans, is that after their first five seasons Fyfe and Selwood have both polled exactly 75 Brownlow votes.

Interesting. Trade you for Fyfe? You want a Brownlow medallist in return? :cool:

Ah of course.

Priddis did make the 40 man squad, but they didn't do such a thing in 2000.

Ahhhh who cares, Matthew f***ing Priddis is a f***ing Brownlow medallist. F*** me.

Selwood played a few more games though.
Thanks Bruce

Great result, to the idiots who think he is not worthy then learn something about footy, it is the umpires award. the fact that it is the games biggest award makes no difference because it is still the umpires award. According to them he is still the best player in the comp.
Well done Matt!!!

Well that's not exactly right, its more like, according to the umpires that umpired the West Coast games Priddis was the best player in the league in 2014.

You can have the umpires in one game decide that Priddis was the best player on the field because they might have a subjective opinion of who was the best, AND then you have a different set of umpires in another game on the same weekend decide that Buddy or Selwood or Boak or whoever was not the best player in their particular game even though those players might have had more possessions, more goals, more tackles, more effective disposal and more influence on the game.

Whoever won it this year would've been a Bradbury anyway. Toast the man I say.

West Coast Eagles Brownlow medallists

Chris Judd
Ben Cousins
Matthew Priddis

I still can't believe it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Killl me legends like chris grant not winning one and this dud getting one.
PLEASE RETIRE THE BROWNLOW

Killl me legends like chris grant not winning one and this dud getting one.
PLEASE RETIRE THE BROWNLOW

What is even funnier is that the brownlow medallist is a player that supporters of all clubs were ridiculing throughout the year, hehe.

Shows just how effed this award is when a player that general footy fans were ridiculing all year for his shocking disposal and even his own supporters were calling for him to be traded, ends up winning it, hehe

which is more mystifying, the umpires ? or the channel 9 sunday footy show having Pendlebury as the clear Lou richards medal winner with Priddis the runner up. Priddis does get most of his clearances from Nic Nats armchair ride. But Priddis is 30? fair effort from a tortoise

You avoided the question so I will repeat it in a very specific way for you:

Would you replace your best midfielder (I'm guessing you would think that Boomer is your best midfielder) with priddis?
(keep in mind that Priddis is now supposedly a worthy brownlow medallist, meaning he was the best player in 2014 and because of that title should be one of the most chased players in the league)
They don't have to be one of the most chased players in the league, they just have to have a great year, & in Priddis' case he's had a very consistent year of high performance and not missed a game. Relative to the competition in 2014 he's a very worthy winner.

The Priddis hate is expected. But let's be honest the Brownlow isn't based on ability. It's based on consistent impact over the season. Yes he's unsightly and doesn't have elite attributes but he impacts games over and over. Sure other players can burst out of a pack and kick a goal from 50, but if they go missing throughout the season that's their own fault.

Only Ablett was more consistent this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back