Autopsy Don't Lose Perspective

I see your sentiments but you don't just make the next granny cause you made this years. It's hard hard work with an ounce of luck with injuries n the draw. Ask the cats in the late 80's early 90's, it's not given to you. You have to take it from the other side on the day. This is why the cats turned into a great club on the field "do not except mediocrity" n sorry 2nd means F all in ten years.
I've changed my opinion since that statement. ..

I see your sentiments but you don't just make the next granny cause you made this years. It's hard hard work with an ounce of luck with injuries n the draw. Ask the cats in the late 80's early 90's, it's not given to you. You have to take it from the other side on the day. This is why the cats turned into a great club on the field "do not except mediocrity" n sorry 2nd means F all in ten years.

Hawks almost list to Port and key players are ageing. This was their one big shot, end of an era, and they did it well.

We have built a great squad, obviously got caught out on one day, it's happened before. But you move on, learn and get better.

One thing that's guaranteed. We will have a year of combination under the belt - and a hunger now that can't be denied.

2015 will be great for Sydney.

... We will have a year of combination under the belt - and a hunger now that can't be denied.

2015 will be great for Sydney.

I want to believe, I really do.

All/most of us believed we were good enough, had gotten past the debacle of rounds 1-4, learnt something from R18.
If only the players had read BF.

We can judge their hunger in the first few rounds in 2015.

A thorough review of the list should happen whether you finish first or last. I think the club does that pretty well - going after Tippett after winning the Premiership - but let's not pretend like had we won yesterday there wouldn't still be big questions over our list.

A thorough review of the list should happen whether you finish first or last. I think the club does that pretty well - going after Tippett after winning the Premiership - but let's not pretend like had we won yesterday there wouldn't still be big questions over our list.
Substantial changes since the '12 GF, LRT, Mattner and AJ missing. They had excellent games that day too. Since, we've brought in Rohan and Rampe, who were shown up pretty badly today.

Feel we may have over achieved with the minor premiership. Or more to the point, lulled us into a false sense of security for the finals series.

Our star seniors, still good enough in patches against the best, have been in a natural decline since 2012. We have sensational 1-3 year players consolidating their first team spots, but most have long way to go to reach 50 games, let alone Grand Final composure. Rampe a case in point. Love him to bits, but those soft frees against Gunstan were just unnecessary and costly. We need to keep turning our list over and improve every year.

And I hate 20 plus point finals wins. Give me the Roos style game in the balance to the final minute win or the Hawthorn style close PF win as the lead up to a Grand Final any day.

+1

And I hate 20 plus point finals wins. Give me the Roos style game in the balance to the final minute win or the Hawthorn style close PF win as the lead up to a Grand Final any day.

If we had just snuck past North and turned up like we did for the big dance, the result would have been the same.

+1

If we had just snuck past North and turned up like we did for the big dance, the result would have been the same.
Can't argue with that. I just think more close game wins conditions you better for scrapping and such, which we obviously lacked yesterday.

But either way, we still have to play the game in front of us. Or at least win the next contest and beat our man.

Feel we may have over achieved with the minor premiership. Or more to the point, lulled us into a false sense of security for the finals series.

Our star seniors, still good enough in patches against the best, have been in a natural decline since 2012. We have sensational 1-3 year players consolidating their first team spots, but most have long way to go to reach 50 games, let alone Grand Final composure. Rampe a case in point. Love him to bits, but those soft frees against Gunstan were just unnecessary and costly. We need to keep turning our list over and improve every year.

Don't agree with the over achieved....we were on the same points as two others and got it on percentage. Our position was justified. We were largely intimidated out of it yesterday.

Look, yesterday was deflating - brutal crush of expectation.
But we were off and they didn't take the foot off for 4 solid quarters. It happens.
How often did a ball bounce back over the head straight to a Gawk?
When has Reg ever made such a crap decision like that punch?
How often did you see a Langford type goal e.g 2 hands in the back, run out of bounds (both somehow missed) then dribble an impossible shot from the boundary?
Kick in straight to Hodge for a goal?
Kick into 50 to a 4 on 1?
Win a hit out then a clearance then, within 2 seconds, see Hawks running back us from a turnover?
We usually shut a game down for a while if the opposition is on a roll - but yesterday, we accelerated our ability to hand the ball back to the Hawks. I was thinking betting scandal at one point.

They played 4 full quarters to our 4 full minutes. It was a one-off - but we got caught out.
Add Stevic and the bald cheat - you have the perfect storm.

You will never see this Swans team ever stroll into a game again believing their rave reviews.

Bring on 2015. I can't wait.

Honestly, I just don't get the panic and calls for a rebuild. Yeah it was a disgusting game but it was a massive outlier in terms of how badly we played and how well the Hawks played. We were minor premiers and we have a bunch of talented youngsters coming through to replenish the older guys who will leave or retire. We'll be back strong next year.

Even if we won yesterday changes were needed, we have clear weak areas, obviously exposed big time yesterday
Look play that game 10 times over no way they do that to us every time

Yeh the side was a capable contender despite what some flog opposition fans will say, that why it stinks
This team had the players to win, and they dished that up

But either way defence needs to evolve, ruck needs fixing and the gameplan needs a change or two, especially if mal goes

I'm a bit sick of the line that every bounce of the ball went to Hawthorn. The only odd bounce I remember went straight to Malceski. The bounce of the ball was irrelevant.

Hard to know what to say really. Might take a whole summer to get the will to watch back again. But here's the thing for me ...

Guys like Reid and Jetta are obviously in Horse's master plan because they retain their spot week after week without question. This for me is a shame, because they're probably worth a bit on the open market. Reid has run out of chances. Jetta is too hot and cold.

Goodesy should retire. He's a champ but if he's had a very up and down season. Doesn't want to end up like ROK. Give someone else a chance.

Malceski has had an awesome season and anyone who wants him gone needs to look at the broader picture. If we can keep him, we should.

Shaw on the other hand is ordinary. Disposal has too regularly let him down. Rohan can move into his position next year. Rohan will be a better player in 2015.

Ted is a worry. He played awesome footy early in the year (check out his game against the Cats!) but faded badly. The club needs a contingency to cover for him and Grundy in the next year or two and I'm not sure that I see one. Reid gets pushed off the ball too easily. None of the reserves seem up to it. Trade in a big name like Jetta and invest in one.

McVeigh had a below par season and a terrible grand final. It sh!ts me to tears when he points the finger at others when he spends the game sea gulling for cheap stats. Put your head over the ball Jarrad. For a captain you're not much of a blood.

Jack must have carried those sore ribs throughout the year. It's like he never got going.

There's a great deal to look forward to next year ... Mitchell, Cunningham, Rohan, Lloyd, Rampe head a long list of youngsters who'll be galvanized by the 2014 experience. Reckon we just need a KPD and we'll be right.

Definitely no reason to expect we won't be top 4 next year with another genuine shot at a flag.

We will be top 4 i have no doubt question is can we beat Hawthorn because they wont be dropping away.

The next Swans v Hawthorn game will be a beauty.
They will never catch us on the hop again like that.
Our midfield were totalled on Saturday - that will burn for the next few months.
But this is a great team, now with an experience that will drive them like 2012 did for Hawthorn.
I think we will get stronger but Hawthorn will fall away a bit as their engine room gets older.
It can't be a bad thing for the coaches to review some key positions and draft in some new blood if required.
Personally I think we have a premiership winning list - better placed than any other club.
A full pre-season for Buddy and Tippo working on combinations will be terrific.

A full pre-season for Buddy and Tippo working on combinations will be terrific.

My thoughts exactly last night. We also saw Cunningham improve by the game this season and managed to blood a fair few young guys. I think Nankervis and Hewett will be up for some senior footy next year while Biggs/Jones have their chance to snatch a spot in the side. There's a kid called Isaac Heeney coming to the club and I'll back the recruiting staff to pull a Derickx from obscurity and make him serviceable.

Back