List Mgmt. Dan Gorringe requests trade to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its almost like instead of clubs competing for players as normal.. you have players competing with other players to get to port over the others. It's too good to be true, we just need more assets to trade with. I feel like we need to send a fringe player off to another club just to get some extra picks to work with.

i'll be honest, he hasn't exactly shown all that much in the few years up here. has had the worst run with injuries, and i'm sure he'd flourish with a full preseason and some solid game time. not sure if he's looking at more playing opportunities with ryder and lobbe ahead of him.

also, he's a pretty funny character and if he's involved in any social videos he'll quickly be a fan favourite haha. think a late 2nd/early 3rd would probably be his value at the moment. can't see us bargaining any more than that unfortunately.
sounds alot like Polec.. and well that has worked out well

Hart & Hinkley saw a lot of him at the Suns
Gorringe not a bad player
Good skills & Good decision maker and he is a SA boy
However like most ruckman he is injury prone

All teh ruks...ALL OF THEM.
eu0l80.jpg

if we managed to bring ryder & gorringe, i can't wait to hear the media saying... "oh would you look at portz first round talent on their list". seriously though that list will be bloody impressive. almost makes up for taking jacobs over lycett. we could potentially have two south aussie boys from the first round of that draft on our list. despite that draft being weak, that excites the hell out of me.

At this rate our side that runs out RD1 2015 wont have anyone under 195cm in it. Maybe Chad, maybe.
I dare to dream!

/[heightsupremacist]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not interested in Gorringe. Ryder as the marquee signing and Lowden as a cheap depth ruck is enough. Gorringe is in an awkward in-between spot where he wouldn't step straight into our best 22 but he would also still cost us at the trade table due to being a high draft pick and still under contract. He had his chance.

Agreed. Reckon Lowden should be able to offer enough as ruck depth.
However Hinkley has shown he's a pretty good judge of talent, so if he goes after Gorringe, you'd think it's because he's got talent to burn.

As good as this apparent news is, I'd be surprised if this actually ended up happening - unless it's a player (than draft pick) swap. And that would surely require someone wanting out.

IN: Ryder, Gorringe, Lowden, Baulderstone (rookie)
OUT: Butcher, Renouf

I like it :)

I think we also Rookie Brett Eddie -for the sole purpose of annoying the hell out of the SANFL fanboys that are anti AFL-reserve sides.

Lowden won't come if we get Gorringe.
x2, Ken made it pretty clear we'd go for a couple ready to go rucks and a probably a draft pick ruckman.

For mine that means 2 of Ryder, Lowden or Gorringe types. However if a 2nd falls through I see us picking up a local league ruck.

Then I see a draft pick being used to bring a developing ruck through as we will need another kid coming through in 4-5 years and it takes them that long to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back