FF: Wade Thomson, John Butcher, Jarrod Redden
HF: Damon White, Bowen Lockwood, Aaron Young
C: Daniel Stewart, Ben Newton, Mitch Banner
HB:Marlon Motlop, Jake Pasini,
Brendon Achee
FB: Josh Sinn, Logan Austin, Joel Garner

Ruck: Sam Hayes, Adam Thomson, Joe Atley

Bench: Daniel Bass, Nick Salter, Jack Watts, Ryan Willits

Michael Stevens pick 5. We’ve had a bit of a brother fetish but that was a biggest flop and I recall having high hopes.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Always thought that was a really weird pick. There was always going to be a go home factor to join his brother at North Melbourne. We also missed out on the likes of Lenny Hayes, Brett Burton, Jude Bolton, Mark McVeigh and Brendon Fevola.

I still say Nick Salter could've won a Coleman

But for injury and a spectacular behavioural issue, the 2013 forward line could’ve included Brett Ebert (cooked), Nick Salter (almost cooked), and Liam Jurrah (yeesh).

Always thought that was a really weird pick. There was always going to be a go home factor to join his brother at North Melbourne. We also missed out on the likes of Lenny Hayes, Brett Burton, Jude Bolton, Mark McVeigh and Brendon Fevola.

Choco was heavily into Lenny all year, to the point where the boy himself was convinced he was a Port.

Then Michael Stevens was best afield in the TAC Cup Grand Final looking like a perfect clone of his elder brother, and Choc switched gears.

Quite the double-whammy.

PS — it happened again a few years later with Mitch Banner and Rory Sloane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Choco was heavily into Lenny all year, to the point where the boy himself was convinced he was a Port.

Then Michael Stevens was best afield in the TAC Cup Grand Final looking like a perfect clone of his elder brother, and Choc switched gears.

Quite the double-whammy.

PS — it happened again a few years later with Mitch Banner and Rory Sloane.

This is why coaches shouldn't have a say in drafting. Wasn't the only time Choc overruled the recruiters.

If the team is as the OP intended (under performed compared to BF hype) and not just a spuds who never did anything then from the early BF years:

Chris Hall
Damon White
Steven Salopek
Greg Bentley
Cain Ackland

Should be in the team

If the team is as the OP intended (under performed compared to BF hype) and not just a spuds who never did anything then from the early BF years:

Chris Hall
Damon White
Steven Salopek
Greg Bentley
Cain Ackland

Should be in the team

The OP described it as a 'reserves team of players who didn't live up to the hype'. Salopek probably doesn't belong on that list given he's a 100 game/10 year player who played in a grand final team and was a first team player for almost all of his time at the club. Didn't live up to the draft pick number but still had a solid career albeit limited by injury.

Thought Jesse Palmer had a bit of potential.

He had a decent game to goal ratio in the Sanful.

Think he's playing in the Waful now, not sure.

The 2 players that I think were the best mentioned are Bowen Lockwood and Ben Newton

OK Lockwood didn't make it because of injury. But what about Newton. Why

My only thoughts are too slow and could only play midfield? Any thoughts?

Andrew Moore probably.

Had the chance to kick a Dom Sheed type goal in the 2014 prelim to win it. Which would've completely changed the narrative of his career. Sadly tho just wasn't worth the status of the no. 9 pick we used to get him.

I still think Matthew Westoff could make it.

FF: Wade Thomson, John Butcher, Jarrod Redden
HF: Damon White, Bowen Lockwood, Aaron Young
C: Daniel Stewart, Ben Newton, Mitch Banner
HB:Marlon Motlop, Jake Pasini,
Brendon Achee
FB: Josh Sinn, Logan Austin, Joel Garner

Ruck: Sam Hayes, Adam Thomson, Joe Atley

Bench: Daniel Bass, Nick Salter, Jack Watts, Ryan Willits
Aaron Young stiff.
Thought he did ok without being an outright superstar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back