No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Hird has to stand down if he appeals.

But, I'm not going to call him a selfish prick either. As Lance said If he feels like he has been wronged, he has every right to, I don't support him doing it on without the clubs support though.

I strongly disagree - Hird had his chance to take the AFL to court in August 2013 - It reeks of selfishness - And if Hird appeals it will be a long time before he is welcome back to the club - I don't think much of Evans - It's a toin coss between Evans and Hird.

so essentially threaten him publicly with the sack as a warning to not appeal. the current leadership of this club is no better than that of the AFL

To fight this properly Hird needs to go full * at the AFL.

He simply can't do that as the coach of an AFL club.

If he appeals, he has to go - for his fight and for the club.

Plus he would have spent his own money during the initial legal battle - plus again with the appeal.

You can't really call someone selfish who's putting their own money (hundreds of thousands) where their mouth is..

The club paid for Hird's legal fees until August 2013. And Little paid for Hird's sojourn to France.

I'm just a bit upset. I hate seeing people treated unfairly, particularly my favourite essendon person who seems to be the only one with the balls to fight. Ya gotta cut me some slack.

I totally agree where you're coming from, but to fight properly he has to smash the AFL.

He can't do that as an AFL coach.

I want him to resign, and I want him to fight. He should have done it long ago.

Took 100,000 posts across 50 threads, but we have a winner. Get a ******* grip Ogg Cat. Hird took a bullet for this club, our club last year. He may be a lot of things, but he's not ******* "selfish".

He took a bullet?

Spare me. Appealing this despite the pleas of the playing group and the club not to is selfish, especially when he has no infraction notice to answer.

But Bomber isn't selfish is he?!

Issues an ultimatum of Senior Coach or nothing.. and that is a true 'club man' is it?!!

He will get the job.. you will rejoice..

And we can watch the team go further backwards next year with ugly, low scoring.. crap results. YAY for us..

This club truly has become a basket case.
I'm sure the club isn't making this decision because of Bomber. If Hird was the preferred senior coach then he would have stayed in the role. It's like sacking your coach because one of your highly rated young assistants will take a job elsewhere. Your preferred coach gets the job, that's it.

He still has gone against the club and IN PARTICULAR the players. How can he coach the players when he has gone against their wishes in such an important moment in their careers?
I don't agree.

Remember when Middleton had all three parties being the club, Hird and the players as separate entities going into the case; which was then bundled into one group action for the hearing - that was doomed from the point that the three parties has different agendas.

One parties agenda has been pronounced today....on the back of the club trying to get another one over on Crichton Medal night - which, from my point of view, is also selfish.

Issues an ultimatum of Senior Coach or nothing.. and that is a true 'club man' is it?!!

And we can watch the team go further backwards next year with ugly, low scoring.. crap results. YAY for us..

Sheedy smelled a rat with Bomber and moved him on after Bomber tried to turn the players against Sheeds in the 90's.

It is amazing how Bomber has come out of all of this as a clean skin with rainbows shooting out of his arse.

Thompson wants to be a senior coach. He has an offer from Suns. It is just like any other assistant coach if they were offered the top job. How is that selfish?

Players asked Hird not to appeal. He is most likely appealing. He can't stay on as coach if he is not on same page as players/club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hope Bomber doesn't take the role full time.

As long as we're pissing a million dollars up against the wall by sacking coaches, we might as well start fresh. Can't do that with Bomber at the helm - he was partly responsible for this mess himself.

This is assuming Hird actually does get the boot, which is far from confirmed.

I'm sure the club isn't making this decision because of Bomber. If Hird was the preferred senior coach then he would have stayed in the role. It's like sacking your coach because one of your highly rated young assistants will take a job elsewhere. Your preferred coach gets the job, that's it.

you could maybe argue that Bomber has forced the issue to sped up (by like 5 days or something), but clearly the ultimatum is nothing to do with Thompson. They've decided what's obvious to most, Hird can't appeal when the club isn't and remain as coach. I'm pleasantly surprised they've had the steel to do that, although the leadership group factor clearly plays it's part

He's been offered the senior coaching role of another club, why would he turn down that and how is that an ultimatum?

I'm sure we can look forward to you calling for him to be sacked during games at half time when we're winning again.

Really hope Bomber doesn't take the role full time.

As long as we're pissing a million dollars up against the wall by sacking coaches, we might as well start fresh. Can't do that with Bomber at the helm - he was partly responsible for this mess himself.

If Hird is sacked by the Board then the Board Members should follow him out the door.

In August last year the Board extended his contract with the Club for seasons 2015 and 2016. If they had any doubt about that they should not have done so. In doing so they have created an obligation to spend member’s money. August last year was the moment for a commitment to be made or not. They did. They should honour the contract.

The Club and others pushed Hird to not challenge in Court at that time.

Then the Club and Hird this year went to Court. If you go down that path you have to accept that Appeals may happen. If the Club didn’t think the cause was worthy then they should not have launched legal action and risked Club/Member’s money. Having gone down this path they can hardly complain now that Hird wishes to put the matter to the full legal test.

The Club needs to show some backbone and stand up for the rights of all concerned.

Earlier this year after James H was castigated for Tania H’s comments on the 7.30 Report show, Paul Little said that Hird would have a chance to tell us his side of the story. You can’t tell someone they will have the chance to talk and defend themselves and then complain when they do.

Finally, the Board is responsible for Club management structures and governance. The Board Members don’t seem to have worn any penalty for their role. If Hird goes and the club incurs an unnecessary cost that was completely within their control then they should immediately resign.

I find the timing all very interesting though...

Anyway this club has clearly lost its marbles. the tail is wagging the dog and I see no hope on the horizon.

Not sure it ever ends really. There are some things that clubs don't heal from. I would imagine destroying the career and reputation of one your greatest players ever.. is going to put a very big dint in things. Particularly if the players are cleared and Hird wins on appeal..

I see no practical reason why Hird would appeal - It doesn't prove guilt or innoncence of players - Hird has lost his marbles ! It's like he doesn't belong to a footy club !
If players take a deal from here, and it has been mooted, then Hird has no option to fight the legality of the accusations. Players are drug cheats (albeit they get some pissy off season penalty) and Hird will be blamed (unfairly) by the AFL and suspended from ever coaching again.

One last powerplay from bomber to try to get simon madden and his reverse vampires to sack hird allowing bomber to stay in the role he has coveted since 1998 but forever been too embarrassed to stick his hand up for it for fear of rejection

So you are suggesting that Caro's assertion that Bomber and Hird were barely on talking terms in 2014 must be true ?

I don't agree.

Remember when Middleton had all three parties being the club, Hird and the players as separate entities going into the case; which was then bundled into one group action for the hearing - that was doomed from the point that the three parties has different agendas.

One parties agenda has been pronounced today....on the back of the club trying to get another one over on Crichton Medal night - which, from my point of view, is also selfish.
The players don't want an appeal though, and he is appealling. We have seen that it doesn't work when the coach and players don't see eye to eye. See what's happened at Adelaide and Gold Coast and what might happen at the Western Bulldogs.

Sheedy smelled a rat with Bomber and moved him on after Bomber tried to turn the players against Sheeds in the 90's.

It is amazing how Bomber has come out of all of this as a clean skin with rainbows shooting out of his arse.
Amazing isn't it. The guy is teflon. Absolute teflon.

Even after Dank again confirms he was heavily involved with Robinson when Bomber was at Geelong.. so Bomber had gone down this path before.. but no, it was just Hird's idea.. of course..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back