Patrick Dangerfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't really see us getting Danger this year unless he comes out and demands a trade. (Remembering that Daynes price is effectively lowered because of his demands... So whatever we got from Brisbane will likely not be enough for Danger).

However, i would love us to then clear up a bit of cap space to make a very big play for him next year when he's a free agent

100% - Nothing will happen unless he comes out and say send me back to Victoria

His hanging for a mega deal at the end of 2015

Buckley on SEN this morning admitted that we have made contact with Dangerfield and his management.

It's a long shot, but good to see us not sitting on our hands and just accepting it's rebuild time. Give him number 5!
Give him Eddie's Lexus, give him Trav's motorbike, give him Pendles missus for crying out loud! Just get him here!

Buckley on SEN this morning admitted that we have made contact with Dangerfield and his management.

It's a long shot, but good to see us not sitting on our hands and just accepting it's rebuild time. Give him number 5!

Was known on EBnW 2 weeks ago, been courting him for a while.

7 mil over 7 years from 2016 as RFA was the offer reported.

Morgoth on here has heard 5mil over 5 years this year from a trade.

Will be interesting if A he takes the offer and B the crows are willing to get more this year rather then risk next years RFA market.

Was known on EBnW 2 weeks ago, been courting him for a while.

7 mil over 7 years from 2016 as RFA was the offer reported.

Morgoth on here has heard 5mil over 5 years this year from a trade.

Will be interesting if A he takes the offer and B the crows are willing to get more this year rather then risk next years RFA market.

I know we've been into him for quite some time but just refreshing to hear some honesty out of the club. Usually this is denied.

I know we've been into him for quite some time but just refreshing to hear some honesty out of the club. Usually this is denied.

I think a lot of the denial was due to Clubs not being allowed to court in contract players? not sure if the FA coming in those rules changed or loosened as it seems the in thing now to not only do it like before but admit to it ala Beams and others.

I can just picture Danger lining up Round 1, 2015 for us..
What a beautiful day that would be..

GIF-Glad-Joy-happy-excited-Carlton-Banks-GIF.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should have freed up salary cap after Daisy left, now Beams, Lumumba, Ball and Maxwell gone we could offer a decent salary to Danger to tempt him. Pies have to make a big play!

Dayne Beams and Josh Thomas to the Lions (Thomas the sweetener to let Aish go)
Pick 4 and Aish to Adelaide (Is it enough to let Danger go?)
Dangerfield to the Pies (We need to make a huge play and land a big fish)

I think all teams would entertain this idea as Brisbane get two midfield gems from Queensland that will play every game in the midfield for them. Adelaide get their prodigal son and a top quality pick in the draft. The Pies get their ready made replacement for Beams.

If anything we may need to sweeten the Adelaide deal, maybe for a Round 2 pick we get for Lumumba and ontrade that to the Crows to get it over the line.

As a Pies supporter i would do this and think it makes it fair for all.

Give him Eddie's Lexus, give him Trav's motorbike, give him Pendles missus for crying out loud! Just get him here!
Hands off Alex Davis. She and Pendles need to have 5 babies - all boys, so that in 20 years time we have an army of silky smooth tall midfielders.

Hands off Alex Davis. She and Pendles need to have 5 babies - all boys, so that in 20 years time we have an army of silky smooth tall midfielders.
My preference would be for peddles to have 50 kids with 10 different women. Hopefully one big happy family.

I'd given up hope that we would get Danger after hearing his manager say he doesn't expect him to go anywhere this year.

Looking at Beams and Danger, while I rate them fairly equal on output, Danger would have a bit more trade value.
Brisbane seem unlikely to give up a Mayes or Aish to go with pick 4, and more likely pick 24 or even a Crisp or Lester.

So do Adelaide accept a deal of pick 4 and Crisp or 24 for Danger, which is the same deal most on here feel isn't enough for Beams?

I reckon it would have to be something like:

Adelaide lose: Dangerfield
Brisbane lose: picks 4 and 24
Collingwood lose: Beams and Kennedy

Adelaide gain: Pick 4 and Kennedy
Brisbane gain: Beams
Collingwood gain: Dangerfield and pick 24

make an in principle agreement with dangerfield to join us in 2016 as a FA [ we wont be contending for a premiership next year ] . use the beams deal to get what we can now for 2015. this way we are not giving up much at all and by the start of 2016 we will be in such a stronger position with dangerfield joining us along with the draft picks/player we receive for beams.

I think you have to look at the context of each players trade situation - Beams wants to go, Danger dosent. The reason he wants to stay put is that next year he can put his feet up and watch a massive auction push his price sky high.

Our position at this stage is backing ourselves to keep him and Noble has been strong on not being too interested in draft picks for a star player.

So everyone is sitting tight. If Danger is out of contract this year and wants to go home - different proposition. We get unders, all clubs do.

But the context of this situation has Danger more valuable than beams - that's not an on field comparison - it's a trade comparison. So to even get Danger/Adel to the table - it needs to be big both for him and us. You pay overs to avoid an auction next year.

Danger is top 10 in the comp, a chance like this won't come around often. If you haggle then neither party will budge. This is why we are not shopping, other clubs are hunting.

Next year he could land anywhere and, worse case we get a high draft pick. Collingwood are at the table thanks to beams - but it's going to take a big push to get a deal over the line IMO

Adelaide would have to consider this if he threatens to leave next year under Free Agency.

Adelaide lose: Dangerfield
Collingwood lose: Beams, 22
Brisbane lose: Leuenberger, 4

Adelaide gain: Leuenberger, 4, 22
Collingwood gain: Dangerfield
Brisbane gain: Beams

Adelaide would be stupid to roll the dice on a pick next year when they're all but guaranteed pick 4 and a player THIS year.

If we can get pick 4 and a player from Brisbane, we should throw in another player from Collingwood and get Danger over. Adelaide would be silly to knock that back given they'll get EASILY less next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back