Patrick Dangerfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to get danger.But let's be realistic, if Danger is looking to move he most likely will go to Hawthorn for premiership success or Geel for 'lifestyle' reasons and would go to either of these clubs for less money than we offered.I hope i am wrong.

Adelaide would have to consider this if he threatens to leave next year under Free Agency.

Adelaide lose: Dangerfield
Collingwood lose: Beams, 22
Brisbane lose: Leuenberger, 4

Adelaide gain: Leuenberger, 4, 22
Collingwood gain: Dangerfield
Brisbane gain: Beams

Not Bad, Not Bad at all..

John-Cena-Not-Bad.gif

Hands off Alex Davis. She and Pendles need to have 5 babies - all boys, so that in 20 years time we have an army of silky smooth tall midfielders.
Wouldnt hurt if danger got in there as well. Atleast we will have 1 future bulldozer of a midfielder waiting. But i agree,pendles and his missus better start making babies asap

Would love to get danger.But let's be realistic, if Danger is looking to move he most likely will go to Hawthorn for premiership success or Geel for 'lifestyle' reasons and would go to either of these clubs for less money than we offered.I hope i am wrong.
I think you're ideally placed. The only competition you have this year is Melb. You're in a unique position of being the kind of club he will be attracted to + you have trade currency that the other big clubs won't have this year. Next year they won't need trade currency, so Collingwood are right ahead of the curve this year.

Taking into account what Noble has said I think any trade will require 3 components with only one of those being a draft pick.

He made it clear that Danger can't be replaced with picks - so the hint there is players of quality will be required.

I think what a lot of you guys are not seeing is that if Adelaide get a very good deal this year why not do the Dangerfield deal.They will not get much next year when he walks as a free agent.Maybe a compo pick not sure.

If Collingwood stick fat and say to Brisbane pick 4 plus a good player get Aish........That will be enough to tip Adelaide across the line otherwise go to Gold Coast and do a deal a deal with them for a pick and one of their young guns.

Adelaide do realise that Danger will walk next year for zippo if they don't do something now when the opportunity arises.Or maybe Adelaide think they will get a top 10 pick next year even when Danger goes.

Firstly, we need him to come out soon and say I want a trade to Collingwood. Unless that happens it is going to be tough to see it happen.

I remember when Fev nominated us (I know now it would have been a bad move now) I was so excited and this would be the same. If Dangerfield requests a trade to Collingwood, there will be reasons to get get excited about 2015 again.

You see from our point of view if Beams walks next year we can match any clubs offer but if he wants to up north and Brisbane don't deal now with us fat chance he will get to Brisbane next year.A bottom club like the bulldogs stkilda or Melbourne will pick him up before he gets to Brisbane.soif Brisbane don't deal with us now they know they will miss him if he is forced to stay .Ball is in Brisbanes court.If they wont budge with their offer being pick 4 we wont trade him.

I think you're ideally placed. The only competition you have this year is Melb. You're in a unique position of being the kind of club he will be attracted to + you have trade currency that the other big clubs won't have this year. Next year they won't need trade currency, so Collingwood are right ahead of the curve this year.

Taking into account what Noble has said I think any trade will require 3 components with only one of those being a draft pick.

He made it clear that Danger can't be replaced with picks - so the hint there is players of quality will be required.
J Blair;)

The crucial thing in this trade is we need a quality player to on trade as part of the deal to satisfy Adealide to get danger pick 4 wont do it but an Aish thrown in would

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we could put a 6 yr 6 mill deal in front of danger and get the deal done. We have that much of a cap left.

If we did a Judd deal comparison - 3, 20, Kennedy ;

So 4 (3), Aish (Kennedy) , ????? (20).

Where this deal would differ is Noble would want a player @ 20 value.

Does that make sense?

see i dont know, people are saying we have cap, some saying we have nothing?

It isn't hard to figure out. Jolly, Daisy, Heater, Dids, Johno, Ball, Maxwell, Wellingham, Dawes & now Lynch has finished up as well.
Beams would make significantly more space again.
Lots of cap space would be available right now.

see i dont know, people are saying we have cap, some saying we have nothing?
Just have a look at the players who left in the last 3 yrs. Now compare that with who we have brought in. The players who have been brought in are not exactly on big deals.hine said they were brought in to help out with the salary cap

The excitement is good to see. It's not happening though

If we did a Judd deal comparison - 3, 20, Kennedy ;

So 4 (3), Aish (Kennedy) , ????? (20).

Where this deal would differ is Noble would want a player @ 20 value.

Does that make sense?
A player, pick 4 and pick 22 would get it done. Danger is a FA next year and Judd was the best player in the comp when he went home.

I'm big on getting Danger - fills a need both on and off the field.

Not sure how we do it bit I agree, Danger needs to come out openly and say he's leaving pretty soon for every ones sake.

I thought I read somewhere he's on holidays so not sure how contactable he is so we won't hear anything for a week or so.

A player, pick 4 and pick 22 would get it done. Danger is a FA next year and Judd was the best player in the comp when he went home.

Doesn't leave us much in the tank for draft time though does it? Forces our hand to draft Moore and then what? Nothing until Round 3? Pending Lumumba's trade value of course...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back