Guernsey Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone whip this up in Suns colors? It's my favorite design, and I'd love to see the Suns adopt it with a logo change to something that fits. Basically the Geelong jumper with a stripe removed and a logo thrown in its place.

ipxx52.jpg

Hi guys, sorry for the interruption. I love your clash strip. It looks like as trip for the moniker of "Suns". So I had an idea for the entire uniforms to be based around it. Not my best, but here you go.
Home-Top
Away-Middle
Clash-Bottom
View attachment 38648
This also needs to be re-looked at

Someone whip this up in Suns colors? It's my favorite design, and I'd love to see the Suns adopt it with a logo change to something that fits. Basically the Geelong jumper with a stripe removed and a logo thrown in its place.

ipxx52.jpg
That is so good - I love it!

Is the only guernsey change for next season a replacement for 2XU? FIAT and Host Plus are staying the same, and the design itself is remaming?

Noob question: I used to own an Essendon guernsey, and when I compare that with the current GC Suns guernseys, the Dons one feels so much better. Higher quality, looks better, nicer material, etc. The Suns one doesn't feel as nice. Is that because of the manufacturer?

When I was in Melbourne a few months ago, even the woman at the sports shop said the Suns guernseys felt crap compared with basically all the other clubs.

This was 2XU's first go at being a AFL guernsey manufacturer. Maybe they're just going to stick with compression gear from here on in.

Noob question: I used to own an Essendon guernsey, and when I compare that with the current GC Suns guernseys, the Dons one feels so much better. Higher quality, looks better, nicer material, etc. The Suns one doesn't feel as nice. Is that because of the manufacturer?

When I was in Melbourne a few months ago, even the woman at the sports shop said the Suns guernseys felt crap compared with basically all the other clubs.
They are designed to be light weight due to the playing conditions, remember we are not playing in the arctic.

BTW the club has different grades of guernseys for the players to counter playing in the hot or cold but the ones for sale to the public are the warm weather ones. Hope this helps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10653864_10152399645830509_92620439924552425_n.jpg

Looks like it sold out fast. Just woke up and it was too late :(

So they are all gone ALREADY????

Sure sign of a change of manufacturer, I think 2XU may of been told the sales would be higher than they actually were and may of pulled the pin themselves. I know they put a great deal of work into the development of the guernseys

I think you guys are reading too much into this. they have had these types of clearance sale for the past 3 years.
All these player issued guernsey that got sold today are leftovers from the change room sale that was held on the 19/20 of September.
On Friday and Saturday (morning) of the change room sale the guernseys were on sale for $80 for players issued guernseys and $50 for the training tops.
I was one of the last customers on the Saturday just before they closed, and they had just marked everything down to $20.
luckily i didn't buy anything on the Friday saved myself about $250.
Also I was talking to Josh who handles all the merchandise for the Suns, and i'm pretty sure he's said they have 1 year to go on their 2XU contract.
This is what they had left just before they closed back in September at the locker room sale. still had heaps of stock left. funnily enough most of it got sold today for $10 more + the postage haha suckers got ripped off today lol
image.jpg

Last edited:
I think you guys are reading too much into this. they have had these types of clearance sale for the past 3 years.
All these player issued guernsey that got sold today are leftovers from the change room sale that was held on the 19/20 of September.
On Friday and Saturday (morning) of the change room sale the guernseys were on sale for $80 for players issued guernseys and $50 for the training tops.
I was one of the last customers on the Saturday just before they closed, and they had just marked everything down to $20.
luckily i didn't buy anything on the Friday saved myself about $250.
Also I was talking to Josh who handles all the merchandise for the Suns, and i'm pretty sure he's said they have 1 year to go on their 2XU contract.
This is what they had left just before they closed back in September at the locker room sale. still had heaps of stock left. funnily enough most of it got sold today for $10 more + the postage haha suckers got ripped off today lol
View attachment 87777

Thanks for the update, if its not a supplier change than it is either

• Sponsor change (most likely)
  • Guernsey design change (which is kind of exciting)

I posted this earlier this year in the footy jumpers forum but never got a response.

i would like a set of home, away and clash jumpers (traditional designs) for the suns which
a) are stripes say like NM
b) hoops like geelong and
c) sash like richmond.

Soo 9 jumpers all up.

Still using suns colours of red and gold, and blue , and white (clash).
anyone keen to do?

any form of stripe, horizontal or vertical isn't going to look very good because of the bright, contrasting colours we've got. red and yellow repeating in stripes is going to be an eyesore, especially on tv.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back