Recruiting Targets Summary

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it will be 50/50 now between us and the crows if he decides to come back to SA - if the crows improve them all of a sudden they become an option for him. Will be the one that got away.
If he waited until the last minute without even accepting a call from them then it's pretty obvious he's keen on coming to us first & foremost to play under Ken & Harts.

Don't be paranoid about that mob all of a sudden becoming a destination club in the space of a year when they're going to lose at least one of their 4 best players next season, we've just landed a gun who'd have been the difference in us making a grand final.

It sucks we couldn't bring him in too but we'll get him (& possibly Day) next year, it was his choice to sign an extension instead of taking our offer last year so he's just going to have to suck it up & wait out his contract.

No matter what Ryder cost today is a win for the Port Adelaide Football Club.
It wasn't long ago we could not attract a Blow Fly with a ton of Horse sht.
Now we have attracted a big name player from one of the so called big Victorian clubs.
This along with getting one of the best midfielders ever to play the game as a coach (Voss) shows that the club have turned things around much faster than i would have ever thought.

The present management ,coaching staff and players deserve all the credit and support we can give them to turn the many positives we have seen into Premierships.
Congratulations Port Adelaide Football Club.

I think it will be 50/50 now between us and the crows if he decides to come back to SA - if the crows improve them all of a sudden they become an option for him. Will be the one that got away.

50/50?

if he wanted to get to the crows he could have this off-season.

i think he is fairly keen on playing for hinkley

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-16/gorringe-not-needed-crows I think that might be 100/0. Given he has angrily tweeted already about copping some stick, I would like to think he is a good chance next year. There is also still the chance that someone like Harvey/Shaw come on big time next year and he is not needed.
It's his own supporters & the Crowies too that have given him the most crap over twitter, saying he should've stayed in the SANFL if he was homesick, couldn't cut it at AFL level & had a s**t attitude.

He'd be feeling awful right about now knowing he's gotta front his teammates with them knowing that he doesn't want to be there, it was odd the Suns kept him when they won't get a better deal for him next year.

It's his own supporters & the Crowies too that have given him the most crap over twitter, saying he should've stayed in the SANFL if he was homesick, couldn't cut it at AFL level & had a s**t attitude.

He'd be feeling awful right about now knowing he's gotta front his teammates with them knowing that he doesn't want to be there, it was odd the Suns kept him when they won't get a better deal for him next year.

Maybe. I suspect they would have been angling for a bit better than 37, but would have accepted it at the death. When that was off the table, why would they trade him for nothing. At least he provides them ready made back up that a 18 yr old pick 50 wouldn't. I certainly feel sorry for him. He obviously wants to come home, and Adelaide are clearly not interested. He wanted out last year, but naively re-signed when we wanted him, and he clearly would have gotten game time with our injuries. We may actually not want him next year. Ryder will be (hopefully) in the clear, and we will know more about Redden. If we have 3 clearly AFL std ruckman fit, the oldest of which is 28, I just can't see him being required. We also shouldn't stunt the growth of our other younger KPP players aka Shaw/Harvey. He just has to prove that he is a AFL footballer next year, or he is probably stuffed. I doubt GCS will re-sign him when he has asked out twice and if PAFC/AFC don't want him, I think he is in trouble (assuming he doesn't have a great 2015). At the end of the day, it is not our problem. We went hard at him last year and GCS said no. This year he was only our 'Plan B' and can't begrudge us for going hard for someone else. He could only be angry at GCS if things don't well for him.

The Ryder trade really addresses our major deficiency. We will have plenty of improvement from within and as long as the hunger is there (I am yet to be convinced) we will be a premiership contender for the next 3-5 years.

We need one of Shaw Harvey or Butcher to come on and the small defenders to learn to shut down players like Impey, Betts etc. The midfield and tall backs are excellent and have an age profile that promises more improvement yet. The squad has 30-35 players I think can handle themselves at AFL level.

This trade means we have a better squad and a better coaching panel than 2002-2005. We now have all we need (except for the hunger and an ounce of luck) to win another flag.

50/50?

if he wanted to get to the crows he could have this off-season.

i think he is fairly keen on playing for hinkley
Hope so. Was referring to the fact we had him and it is a bit of an unknown if in twelve months he is still keen on us or if Adelaide have changed their stance, or the crows have become a more attractive option.

They def would have accepted it. That is what so annoying. Glad to have Paddy, but still feel a bit empty. Paddy is all we will get really, cos our draft picks are rubbish. So we really won't be improving our list much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They def would have accepted it. That is what so annoying. Glad to have Paddy, but still feel a bit empty. Paddy is all we will get really, cos our draft picks are rubbish. So we really won't be improving our list much
That's the problem when we weren't interested in trading our players. I know we have a close group but surely we could have moved someone to get back into the second round.

Dafuq? Obviously we have a WAAAAAY different definition of what 'improving our list' actually means.

First 18 player >>>>>>>>> depth ruck >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whatever kids we could have picked up with 17 and 37.

Acquiring the player in the comp best suited to our most glaring needs = improving our list dramatically.

Acquiring the player in the comp best suited to our most glaring needs = improving our list dramatically.

Agreed, you aim to improve your 22 first and then when that's completed go for depth. In the last 2 years we've gone from a solid grinding midfield with 2 forwards to 3 forwards, blistering inside and out midfield, small lock down defender. we have every position on the ground now sorted in our 22. there are no weaknesses.

Can't help but feel sorry for Gorringe: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-16/gorringe-trade-hits-a-paddysized-snag

B0CvwmxCQAAL4Ly.jpg

Seems like he's bound to cop it from everywhere. Hopefully we can get him across next year and that there's no hard feelings!

I kinda wanna cheer Gorringe everytime he gets the ball if we play them at home (presuming we will as we played them away this year

Have to say now with Ryder signed up the list is basically set for me on field.I never cared at all about this years draft once Ryder chose us, it was him and him only for me whatever the cost.Now we have all the pieces in place, a year out of the draft won't hurt us with the talented youngsters we have to miss one year of drafting kids.If we can get a decent ruckman to rookie list with the pics we have, possibly Nathan Krakouer onto the list and a couple of project players this off season has set us up full tilt for a flag challenge in 2015 which I was expecting anyway.

Dafuq? Obviously we have a WAAAAAY different definition of what 'improving our list' actually means.

First 18 player >>>>>>>>> depth ruck >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whatever kids we could have picked up with 17 and 37.

And if he does his knee in round 1? We threw all eggs in one basket. He is a great get, but compared to the alterations in our last over past 2 years, I'm kinda flat.

Just to refresh memory, last year. Polec, impey, Harvey, Amon.

And if he does his knee in round 1? We threw all eggs in one basket. He is a great get, but compared to the alterations in our last over past 2 years, I'm kinda flat.

Two of those guys have not played an afl game yet, so hard to judge how much better than the picks we will still make this draft they are or will be.

Two of those guys have not played an afl game yet, so hard to judge how much better than the picks we will still make this draft they are or will be.
Neither have Shaw or Harvey.We didn't bring in a key forward so hopefully either of them or the Butch pull through next season.

Polec was the only trade...

The others were drafts, and we haven't drafted yet?

Regardless our time is now. I don't care for 5 years time.

I kinda wanna cheer Gorringe everytime he gets the ball if we play them at home (presuming we will as we played them away this year
I'm really really hoping he comes home next year. It's only the right thing to do.

And more so he's seen as a KP replacement as Jay gets older... not as a Ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back