Toast Welcome to Carlton Kristian Jaksch & Mark Whiley!

Remove this Banner Ad

Normally critical of our trades (thanks to the bad days) but very happy with our recruiting of KJ. Really felt we won this one- think GWS were focussing too much on Griffen/Boyd and/or the No 1 pick. Another talented swingwan with good hands and good presence. As has been said, GWS gave him a year of defensive development for our benefit. Now we just need Watto to make FF his own.

Whiley may be steaknives but he is Medhurst steaknives, probably even better. With Carrots retiring soon and Brock on the slide (possibly also retiring) there is a definite gap for Whiley's type and I look forward to what he can bring.

The acquisition of Jones has probably sealed Watson's fate to either be delisted or traded at the end of 2015. I'd love for him to prove me wrong but it's hard to see him getting a game now.
I'm bullish on Whiley. I think he could turn out to be the best player from this deal and that's a big call considering I rate Jaksch highly also.

The acquisition of Jones has probably sealed Watson's fate to either be delisted or traded at the end of 2015. I'd love for him to prove me wrong but it's hard to see him getting a game now.
I'm bullish on Whiley. I think he could turn out to be the best player from this deal and that's a big call considering I rate Jaksch highly also.
If Watsons career is finished because we picked up a fringe forward from the dogs then he doesn't deserve one.

If Watsons career is finished because we picked up a fringe forward from the dogs then he doesn't deserve one.

You're under selling Jones there a bit I think. He might just surprise a few people next year. Just can't see Watson getting a heap of games with the new acquisitions, might not have been the case if he wasn't so one dimensional since he is too slow to play down back. Like I said, I hope I am wrong and you're most likely right that he doesn't deserve to stay on the list if he can't fight his way into the team. That being said, he hasn't been given a heap of opportunity at senior level and when he has, he has been dropped quickly which killed his confidence.

You're under selling Jones there a bit I think. He might just surprise a few people next year. Just can't see Watson getting a heap of games with the new acquisitions, might not have been the case if he wasn't so one dimensional since he is too slow to play down back. Like I said, I hope I am wrong and you're most likely right that he doesn't deserve to stay on the list if he can't fight his way into the team. That being said, he hasn't been given a heap of opportunity at senior level and when he has, he has been dropped quickly which killed his confidence.
Oh I hope I'm underselling Jones, I think it's a good trade. I just don't think it's spells end of Watsons career as a forward. Competition is a good thing, and Levi hasn't exactly set the world on fire either.

Watson has deserved to get dropped every time he was dropped. Big time. Hopefully he now makes it as a forward and never gets dropped again.

Jaksch looks great, but I am excited about whiley, could be our rough diamond, his highlights look awesome
It's the hair and you just need to admit it, Esky.......

Oh I hope I'm underselling Jones, I think it's a good trade. I just don't think it's spells end of Watsons career as a forward. Competition is a good thing, and Levi hasn't exactly set the world on fire either.

Watson has deserved to get dropped every time he was dropped. Big time. Hopefully he now makes it as a forward and never gets dropped again.
People forget 2 years ago anyone over 190cm was getting a game due to injuries. Last year our KPP all played 20+ games . Chances are we won't be so lucky next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back