Toast Welcome to Carlton Kristian Jaksch & Mark Whiley!

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually admire what GWS are doing. They've got the guts to pull off the big trades and work hard to improve their list and get the right people into their club.

They let the biggest hype since Sigue Sigue Sputnik walk, for a 29 year old who was going to give the game away and yet another first round draft pick.

Showed their hand waaaaaay to early, and made it obvious that everyone on the list is up for grabs.

I actually admire what GWS are doing. They've got the guts to pull off the big trades and work hard to improve their list and get the right people into their club.

More than you can say for the Suns. Cowards.
Don't think GC are cowards for building their own list. Haven't had many players wanting to leave either. GC are in a better position then GWS for the long term.

They let the biggest hype since Sigue Sigue Sputnik walk, for a 29 year old who was going to give the game away and yet another first round draft pick.

Showed their hand waaaaaay to early, and made it obvious that everyone on the list is up for grabs.
Boyd will have to be Wayne Carey to live up to the hype.

Talking players isn't really his go.

If there's no hype attached the player has no cred. He's not the only one.
Denham adds to footy like Bolt adds to social harmony. This Venom Denham profile KB tries to push is laughable. Any venom is poisonous ignorance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So according to Denham Hawks won because they got JOR......but GWS got rid of deadwood.....

He just doesn't know as it's not his go.
He doesn't know players and for all we know may not even watch football.

It's sad that one of the few that has some insight into players is actually Terry Wallace.
That's not to say he knows what he's talking about but at least he has some understanding of the 700 odd players on lists.

Still laugh when I recall Sheehan being called "slight" :) Was that Billy Brainless? Slight. :)

I disagree. I think the Suns will be a massive failure. Time will tell.
If you compare GC and GWS's first year in the competition, I think GWS fared a bit better, but since then GC has moved way ahead of GWS in terms of development of the list and players, and the results prove it. If anything I reckon the Giants will be a failure before the Suns. The kids and players on GC's list are not as keen to leave the club as opposed to their counterparts at GWS, and it certainly helps in terms of the locations of said clubs.

But I don't think either of them will fail, or at least the AFL will do everything to make sure they do not fail

Looking at Whiley's highlights package I can't believe he managed only 2 games this year - didn't have the hype around him that some of the other GWS midfielders did but looks like a good pickup. Could be the steal of the 2014 draft.

Anyone who references Sigue Sigue Sputnik gets a like . Well played, Stig :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back